The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion Thread

Roronora_Zoro666

Poor start but England excellent after scoring the first goal. I'm hoping for Dortmund's sake they have no release clause on Bellingham like they did with Haaland, he could easily net them 100 million+ (unless he runs his contract down, even then they'll still get a shitload). 

England v France and Argentina v Netherlands are two amazing ties and should be excellent games (and hopefully we beat France of course ?). 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Calling someone 11 as a defence against your opinion shows your intelectual argument at it's finest but it doesn't matter.

Using the words "overrated" and "lucky" multiple times in a debate is hard to consider you an intellectual of the higher spheres?

Edited by Jeanoltt

22 minutes ago, Jeanoltt said:

Dream big! England has a great squad, sadly they are in the worst possible place of the draw. If they beat france it will be a landmark in their history.

I don't think France have an answer for the sweeping team goals England can produce. They are lightning fast, and no defense can figure out quickly enough where the shot is coming from. Can be the front 3, or someone dropping into box from midfield.

France have shown they are fine when being able to manage the game aganist inferior opposition. They are calm and collected. 

If England make them struggle in midfield possession to do that, and shut down feeding their forwards. France are screwed.

I dont think they have faced any opposition as well organised as England has faced, and come away with results like England has.

Senegal where incredibly well organised. They tried to force England into playing the long ball, but England refused, and then came they sweeped them. Senegal then had no real answer, and England could just manage the match and keep things to a pace they were comfortable with.

It's not always exciting or entertaining. But this is how you play an international tournament to win it.

Edited by TheBusToYoker
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheBusToYoker said:

I don't think France have an answer for the sweeping team goals England can produce. They are lightning fast, and no defense can figure out quickly enough where the shot is coming from. Can be the front 3, or someone dropping into box from midfield.

France have shown they are fine when being able to manage the game aganist inferior opposition. They are calm and collected. 

If England make them struggle in midfield possession to do that, and shut down feeding their forwards. France are screwed.

I dont think they have faced any opposition as well organised as England has faced, and come away with results like England has.

Senegal where incredibly well organised. They tried to force England into playing the long ball, but England refused, and then came they sweeped them. Senegal then had no real answer, and England could just manage the match and keep things to a pace they were comfortable with.

It's not always exciting or entertaining. But this is how you play an international tournament to win it.

I couldn't see the match, but was waiting for a tight win, the 3-0 surprised me. England have a super offensive team, with lots of alternative whenever they want to use them. The thing that I, personally think lacked that team with Gerrard and Lampard was a star offensive. France has Mbappe, England has a lot of forwards that can make a difference.

I think the same of Spain, great team with maybe not 1 superstar, but a whole team with the chance to make a difference, specially midfielders. In both the top goalscorer is a bench player.

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, shiN9551 said:

unlucky that i cant watch the game, unless I sign up for a subscription :(

You can watch live matches on 

yallalive.org for free on any device.  

But it's Arabic, i love Arabic commentary ?

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 1

Mbappe with 9 goals in 2 world cups is insane. Already surpassed legends that played more world cups to get to like 6, 7, 8 goals etc. So far he's equalized with Messi, who's playing his 5th world cup right now.

Who's the world cup's all time goal scorer? Last time I checked it was Germany's Miroslav Klose with 16 goals. Also played 5 I believe. Anyone with more? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maxximum said:

Mbappe with 9 goals in 2 world cups is insane. Already surpassed legends that played more world cups to get to like 6, 7, 8 goals etc. So far he's equalized with Messi, who's playing his 5th world cup right now.

Who's the world cup's all time goal scorer? Last time I checked it was Germany's Miroslav Klose with 16 goals. Also played 5 I believe. Anyone with more? 

Nope Klose with 16 still a record. 

• Like 3

Croatia 2 - 1 Japan

Brazil 2 - 0 South Korea

8 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

Using the words "overrated" and "lucky" multiple times in a debate is hard to consider you an intellectual of the higher spheres?

Just stating the facts but I like how you don't attack anyone else saying they were lucky at the end. 

I'm done now though, can't be asked to argue with a patriotic and hopefully you get dumped out by the Netherlands 

Japan looked so better so far , Croatia need to get something goung or Japan might score again and be almost on to advancing 

a few mins later

What a lovely header from nothing,Croatia are right back in this

Edited by Conker