The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion Thread

Roronora_Zoro666

• Elden Ring won GOTY at Game Awards
  • Horizon Forbidden West DLC PS5 only
  • Brazil eliminated
  • Argentina through

My weekend is officially FUBAR. The silver lining is the Netherlands are out. If Cruyff, Robben, Van Persie and Sneijder didn't win the World Cup, it won't be this bunch of lads I never heard about before that will.

2 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Damn, I wanted the Netherlands to win. But 12 players against 11 players was just too much ?.

Exactly! Same as in Spain-Morocco. I think FIFA wants an African and South American team in the semi’s. The referee was abysmal.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DeadDexterous said:

Netherlands V Argentina. WOW.

That was the best match of the World Cup so far for me.

Just had everything. 

Late comeback, drama, referee with so many yellow cards you didn't know who they were for.

I cheered when Netherlands scored I just didn't want it to end !

Heartbreak for @neospoon I can only imagine the agony.

Argentina V Croatia... Would have loved to see Argentina V Brazil.

its OK haha I didn’t even think we would’ve gotten this far! I guess I’m cheering for England now. Portugal vs Argentina would not be a great match with half of the team lying on the floor pretending to be dying. I’d rather see a fair match with good football instead of diving diva’s

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, neospoon said:

its OK haha I didn’t even think we would’ve gotten this far! I guess I’m cheering for England now. Portugal vs Argentina would not be a great match with half of the team lying on the floor pretending to be dying. I’d rather see a fair match with good football instead of diving diva’s

I wish they allowed ties. I’m fine if both decided to take each other out.

Man, the referee was bad in general, he didn't benefit one team or another. 10 minutes were added when argentina was 2-1, it would be the worst "paid" referee ever if he allowed that to happen.

Also no one really played better, Netherlands lost the tactic game in the first half, then it turned into a big game of pinball with them having the big advantage of tall players. Argentina defended poorly in the 2nd half.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ShinigamiSensei- said:

Keep hating, we love it!!

Let's goooo!!! 1f1e6-1f1f7.png1f1e6-1f1f7.png1f1e6-1f1f7.png :dance:

They will never make it. Either in the semi’s or final, they are going down. It’s a pretty poor team.

1 hour ago, Caquis_1 said:

May I ask why? I though it was a really good game.

Really just how they play dirty and act. Especially Otamendi , Romero and De paul. 

Nevertheless i won't be surprised if they win it . Just don't like the style they have. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Baker said:

They will never make it. Either in the semi’s or final, they are going down. It’s a pretty poor team.

People keep saying that since Arabia. Just enjoy the last cup of Messi and stop arguing (and overstimating us). If netherlands wanted to win they could have done it, they played incredible poorly in extra-time. You don't win matches by just talking about how good you play. 

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeanoltt said:

People keep saying that since Arabia. Just enjoy the last cup of Messi and stop arguing. If netherlands wanted to win they could have done it, they played incredible poorly in extra-time. You don't win matches by just talking about how good you play.

No I’m not going to stop. In the first half, Messi slaps the ball away and that’s a yellow card. But the referee doesn’t do anything, because it’s Messi. Really, everything Messi did, including that f*cking dive that wasn’t penalty, he gets a free kick. Disgraceful.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GabrielMS13 said:

At least Brazil knows what's like to win a World Cup unlike the eternal runners up Netherlands.

Suck it up son 1f595.png

You got me. ??

At least we play attractive football. ?

(In the good old days)

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Baker said:

I forgot to mention. I also watched the Brazil match and I’m very happy they are out. Overrated team. ?

Brazil is "overrated". Argentina with Messi, Martinez, Alvarez, Enzo, Paredes, Otamendi, Di Maria, Dybala, is a "poor team"

You got to be kidding lol

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeanoltt said:

Brazil is overrated. Argentina with Messi, Martinez, Alvarez, Enzo, Paredes, Otamendi, Di Maria, Dybala, is a "poor team"

You got to be kidding lol

If you think they were the better team, you know nothing about football..

Anyway. As weird as it sounds. Now I’m rooting for Argentina to go all the way. Messi is the still the GOAT imo and I hope he wins it.

20 minutes ago, Baker said:

If you think they were the better team, you know nothing about football..

Anyway. As weird as it sounds. Now I’m rooting for Argentina to go all the way. Messi is the still the GOAT imo and I hope he wins it.

YFH0LDI.jpg

Masterclass by Netherlands.

First half was decent, but they didn't do anything in offensive. They were asleep until the second goal, when Van Gaal threw his ego away and began playing the old "anti-football". Two goals and back to the same slow boring waiting in the extra-time, where Argentina had multiple shots. Netherlands had 1 open-play shot in the entire game.

Argentina wasn't good, but neither Netherlands. Not to mention their two best offensive players dissapeared. Don't let your colours fool you, Netherlands wasn't better.

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 1

Well let me just say one more thing before I’ll call it a night. 

The first goal from Argentina was very good. There are very few players that can give a pass like that. Messi ??

Second goal wasn’t a penalty.

We were the better team in ball possession.

The referee was abysmal. Really.. I have 2002 vibes. And not only in this game, but in others too.

But congrats to Argentina, I hope they will win it. Everything is better than France, Portugal, England.

✌?

• Like 3

Well, I'm fine with today results. I'm especially happy Brazil got knocked out after an ex player said he wanted "Messi to cry after they beat them" lol, they were way to cocky and deserved to lose, in my opinion.

As for my predictions for tomorrow, I'm gonna go for what I actually want to happend:

England 2 - 1 France

Morocoo 2 - 2 Portugal (Morocco once again wins on penalties)