The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion Thread

Roronora_Zoro666

2 minutes ago, TheBusToYoker said:

Why would you want to make Ronaldo cry?

It would be even better if they lost in the finals (moar tears) , but in general I'm not a fan of how Portugal plays, not just this year.

If they do advance they'll probably lose against Morocco anyway. 

Just now, Colin said:

Ronaldo starts from the bench either way lol

I think they just confirmed he will start.

Edited by neospoon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeadDexterous said:

Really bad tournament by Spain standards. Take away the 7 - 0 over Costa Rica & they've been average at best.

What is wrong with penalty takers these days? All these soft side foot shots.

What happened to picking where you wanted the ball to go and hitting it as hard as you can.

Well next up the Ronaldo show.

Yep time for Ronaldo Soap Opera ?

• Like 1

Whoa, a lot happened today:

• I couldn't watch Morocco vs Spain but judging from the best moments highlights the match was similar to yesterday's Japan vs Croatia and to Spain's elimination to Russia back in 2018;
  • Portugal cruised without Penaldo 0__O;
  • Switzerland put the whole alps inside the box against Brazil however their defense this match had more holes than emmental cheese (10/10 joke I just made up);
  • If Morocco manages to beat both Spain and Portugal they can get the Iberian peninsula back lol.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DeadDexterous said:

Then yes I'd love to see a Ronaldo V Messi final.

World could end after that and I wouldn't care lol.

About the match, I feel sorry about Ronaldo. He gave everything throughout his entire career to Portugal, playing with horrible teams that couldn't make it past this stage, he deserved that Euro because of his effort but even then, Portugal was a midfield team.

Now that the team is ready to take the challenge, they decide to drop him out because he's old. Yeah he is not playing quite well, he is slower, older, but the impact he had in the sport it's what matters. Sometimes it isn't about the results and more about the show, people want to see him in his probably last ever tournament (he will play in Arabia starting January), and there's no need to drop his confidence like that. Let the legend play one more time.

• Like 2

Morocco making history and getting through to the quarter finals for the first time in their history. Spain on penalties reminded me of Japan on penalties yesterday. Absolutely shocking.

Portugal looking fantastic and definitely on the front foot after today's performance. Switzerland were woeful.

Now onto the final 8.

• Like 3

There's so much hate for Ronaldo online. It's like people completely forgot about what happened in the last decade. He isn't as good as he used to be, but there will probably never be a rivalry like Ronaldo and Messi. Those two changed the game and defined an era. He's getting benched now but he still should be showed respect. The fans in the stadium realised that today and started chanting his name. Age did catch up with him. Messi seems to be doing better, but age will catch up to him and Neymar eventually. Just like it did with Beckham, just like it did with Zidane and everyone else. Are we going to start calling them crybabies and whatever else when they get old? They still achieved what they did. It is impossible to be a genuine fan of football and not have been touched by one of these legends. For me, Portugal vs Argentina would be a dream come true in the finals. 

I am saying this because I see an increased amount of hate towards CR7 now that he left Man United and the world cup is ongoing. Granted, a lot of these people aren't true fans of the sport and are just commenting on it because it's a trendy event. And unfortunately the trendy opinion is this negativity about Ronaldo. It is what it is

Edited by cy1999aek_maik

21 hours ago, neospoon said:

Japan and Spain both forgot to train penalties...

Funny thing is, apparently, Luis Enrique said that the players needed to kick 1,000 penalties before the world cup as "homework". Looks like they didn't do that or the ones they kicked actually sucked.

21 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

This didn't age well......

Definitely, I didn't expect Spain to actually do worse lol

14 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

You deserve an honorable mention.

Watching the game, I actually though if Spain score at any time, Morocco wouldn't be able to tie, glad they actually beat them on penalties though. Thanks for the honorable mention too.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Caquis_1 said:

Funny thing is, apparently, Luis Enrique said that the players needed to kick 1,000 penalties before the world cup as "homework". Looks like they didn't do that or the ones they kicked actually sucked.

Probably didn't put a goalie in with those super slow rollers. I loved the final panenka chip. 

• Like 1

On 6.12.2022 at 10:25 PM, GabrielMS13 said:

Whoa, a lot happened today:

• I couldn't watch Morocco vs Spain but judging from the best moments highlights the match was similar to yesterday's Japan vs Croatia and to Spain's elimination to Russia back in 2018;
  • Portugal cruised without Penaldo 0__O;
  • Switzerland put the whole alps inside the box against Brazil however their defense this match had more holes than emmental cheese (10/10 joke I just made up);
  • If Morocco manages to beat both Spain and Portugal they can get the Iberian peninsula back lol.

There are significant reasons why his nickname Penaldo came from. I guess everyone probably understood it after this match :)

• Like 1