Online services shutting down February 16, 2023 - Medal of honor Warfighter

Kolm

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

I have finished the online now and was careful about the level trophies (thanks to Sidoki's and Kolm's useful information). No one mentioned that the level 7 (Squad Leader) trophy can also glitch, but I haven't had issues with that one (but @shipper321 didn't unlock it because he didn't pay attention to it).

Gonna post some of the data I've gathered below, but first I want to understand how can tours glitch? You CANNOT get any tour exp with ribbons (therefore it's impossible to complete any tours by finishing a match), only actual kills using the classes. I literally AFK'd for 200k exp and my tour never moved from 13k. What is the source of this claim? Who has ever experienced this glitch?

It was info that was around on ps3t when I first played the game and it might have changed since then or course.
The idea back then was that xp awarded at the end of the round (from medals for example) was also added to the tour of the character with which you ended the game. This might 'finish' your tour but not count for the trophies, just as with the level trophies.
But it's of course possible that they fixed this or changed something about when you get xp. Just as they changed the minimum amount of players to start a match to 8 for most modes only 2(?) years ago when they fixed another trophy/game mode.

At the other hand: If making sure you finish your tours during a game and switch class if it's close to finishing can help with avoiding the glitch... then why not pay attention to it? :) 
I know me and my fellow booster paid attention to it and it didn't glitch. But I don't know how common this glitch is nowadays. I mostly read about the level related trophies glitching.
It might as well be fixed long ago... I just didn't want to take a risk when I played it :) 

Edit:
I remembered I dug through a part of PS3T when the FAQ here was made and I linked in that FAQ to one thread I could find on there, not specifically about the xp on the stats screen but about the freezing when completing a tour. One suggestion there was that it might be because of pre-order DLC that was installed.
The post below also talks about a server fix and how it popped fine for them after that fix.
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/165157-back-in-the-fight-trophy-glitched/?do=findComment&comment=3108273

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kolm said:

It was info that was around on ps3t when I first played the game and it might have changed since then or course.

I found PST.org really lacking with info, didn't see that being reported and the guide there doesn't mention the glitches at all which is very unfortunate for anyone that doesn't read the forums.

2 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Just as they changed the minimum amount of players to start a match to 8 for most modes only 2(?) years ago when they fixed another trophy/game mode.

See, this is another piece of possible misinformation being thrown around that I just find very weird. Why would EA patch this 2013 game recently to change the number of players to start the match? But not to fix a lot of other issues? Just seem another case of people saying stuff that goes around uncontested as truth.

13 minutes ago, Kolm said:

I just didn't want to take a risk when I played it :) 

The smart thing to do, absolutely.

14 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I found PST.org really lacking with info, didn't see that being reported and the guide there doesn't mention the glitches at all which is very unfortunate for anyone that doesn't read the forums.

Guides are often not updated with info that comes across later... And forums often have bad thread titles or long discussions making it hard to find out unless you're following stuff or stumbling on it.
At least the guide already mentioned the trophy can glitch...

14 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

See, this is another piece of possible misinformation being thrown around that I just find very weird. Why would EA patch this 2013 game recently to change the number of players to start the match? But not to fix a lot of other issues? Just seem another case of people saying stuff that goes around uncontested as truth.

I was lucky to end my boost right before that change so we could do it with 2 people with 2 consoles each. When helping someone else later on, (continued to boost again because Job done was fixed) that no longer worked and required more people/consoles to start a game. Same game modes and maps we used before.
Some people complained long enough to get the game mode for the 'Job done' trophy back (combat mode) and right when that got fixed, most modes all of the sudden required more players.
End of my boost was October 2019 and the fix was discovered/mentioned in January 2020 here on PSNP.

Maybe an employee saw too many people boosting and wanted to end it? Maybe they hoped the servers would die out quicker that way? Maybe someone just took a wrong build of the code to add the fix too or used the wrong settings file? Servers/online/EA... it'll always be a mystery... :( 

This thread was about the Job done trophy:

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 8:26 AM, Seamndel said:

the warchief trophy glitched on me as well yesterday. Anyway, what is the quickest method to level up ? I think 8 players recapturing a  flag in Sector Control, no? should be ~3000 ingame XP per match if I recall (that's how I got my first ~600,000xp . But I don't remember how much a player gets when post-match ribbons are counted in. 

If EA resets your account back to level 1, don't take turns getting 1 kill each round with the other boosters next time you're close to leveling up to 74. I learned this the hard way with the other glitchy trophy Global Warfighters. If you're below 5,000 points needed to level up when you are starting a new match, and got a full lobby with no randoms, just knive all of the enemies in the boosting session every round. Killing all 6 enemies with the knife for 5 rounds in a row will give you 6,000 XP. Tell everyone on both teams do NOT grab the flag, as it shortens the game, and might not give you the XP needed to level up in game. 

Edited by x7251
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

I can attest to this myself. Once the Combat Mission servers came back online over 2 years ago, not a single match of any sort would start without 8 bodies. Whether that be because of an internal change, or 4 player lobbies just not being available for quite some time, I don't know.

I have been told this is not the case anymore by 2 parties in the last week and people have managed to get a match going with just 4, so I have updated my mini guide.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Kolm said:

[a lot of information]

2 hours ago, Letenko said:

I can attest to this myself.

Alright, thank you both for confirming that this wasn't a collective fever dream. It's just so annoying that these old games have so much wrong information, like claims of old methods being patched when they weren't and whatnot.

• Like 1

Just an addition to something i discovered. If you want to run more than one region 2 account on your same internet on multiple ps3s, (for the free dlc), you must sign that alt up to EA origin through MOH 2010, once you have done this it will work on Warfighter. After the crap with NFS Hot Pursuit i cant believe once again this is a fix for yet another EA game. You will always get connection failed on the other accounts if you dont do this.

Edited by ResiGamer_28
Changed it
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Just an addition to something i discovered. If you want to run more than one region 2 account on your same internet on multiple ps3s, (for the free dlc), you must sign that alt up to EA origin through MOH 2010, once you have done this it will work on Warfighter. After the crap with NFS Hot Pursuit i cant believe once again this is a fix for yet another EA game. You will always get connection failed on the other accounts if you dont do this.

My alt wouldn't work on my 2nd PS3 when trying to play Warfighter, so I l tried playing Mass Effect 3 on my 2nd PS3 and was able to play the multiplayer on that game. After that I tried to play Warfighter again, and I was able to play Warfighter online on my alt's account on my 2nd PS3. So I can confirm that logging into Mass Effect 3's multiplayer with an alt account will fix the "connection with ea online was lost error" message for alt accounts.

14 hours ago, x7251 said:

My alt wouldn't work on my 2nd PS3 when trying to play Warfighter, so I l tried playing Mass Effect 3 on my 2nd PS3 and was able to play the multiplayer on that game. After that I tried to play Warfighter again, and I was able to play Warfighter online on my alt's account on my 2nd PS3. So I can confirm that logging into Mass Effect 3's multiplayer with an alt account will fix the "connection with ea online was lost error" message for alt accounts.

i suspect any game from 2012 that used origin will work. Its the same crap as the Mercs 2 issue. 

4 hours ago, Row1789 said:

Like MOH 2010, does tier 1 mode require an online connection?

No it doesnt not but be aware Tier 1 on Warfighter has NO checkpoints. Die and restart entire mission. There is a glitch where you can just play the last mission, but you still have to finish that mission without dying. On MOH 2010 you need online but Tier 1 has checkpoints. 

34 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

No it doesnt not but be aware Tier 1 on Warfighter has NO checkpoints. Die and restart entire mission. There is a glitch where you can just play the last mission, but you still have to finish that mission without dying. On MOH 2010 you need online but Tier 1 has checkpoints. 

MOH 2010 does not have checkpoints. I beat Tier 1 mode just over 2 weeks ago, and if you die in the mission in Tier 1 mode you have to restart the level over from the beginning. 

Edited by x7251
  • Like 1

On 05/12/2022 at 10:33 PM, TheYuriG said:

A lot of information i can no longer edit

SHOULD YOU GET DLC?

Yes. The DLC is called Zero Dark Thirty in American countries and The Hunt in European countries.

If you have the EU version of the game and any EU account on your console (doesn't need to be your main account, just any EU account), you can get the DLC for free by following the steps in the quote below.

Go to the "PlayStation Store" from the ingame (warfighter) main menu, Download the limited edition online pass. Then exit the game and go to the PlayStation Store from the ps3 menu. Search for "Medal of honor warfighter", scroll down to "DLCs", and choose "The Hunt" and it should be free.

credit

• Like 4

Not much needs to be added to Yuri's awesome post above but I can put some extra information and I hope it helps even one person.

1. The points you are seeing on the scoreboard will be directly added to your Tour XP nothing else meaning no headshot, fireteam wipe, spotting, weapon pin, or end-game bonus ribbons. No danger of being glitched.
  2. There is also a Marksman bonus you may get while playing as Sniper you will get around 20-30 bonus points with each long-range headshot which surprisingly feels closer than it should.
  3. There is also a Platoon Unity Ribbon worth 500 XP, playing the majority of the match as your Platoon's home unit. This is better than switching to a new unit every 100 kills. Create a platoon and select a unit (unit selection has to be done in the game) and stick with it. *This is an end-game bonus if you do this please be careful around Lvl 7-14-74.
  4. Battlelog updates as soon as the featured fireteams walking animation plays so you will have more time to figure out your missing pins and Tour XPs without waiting for the next game to start.
  5. Each pin is worth 1000 XP (someone was asking on another thread).
  6. DLC map names are Darra Gun Market and Chitral Compound.
  7. Don't install any extra DLC except Zero Dark Thirty/The Hunt and Online passes.
Edited by johncnstntn__
  • Like 4

i just finished this a few days ago and ill throw some things out there

join multiple boost sessions or you arent going to finish the mp on time. it took me 25 hours. when i say 25 hours that was mostly not having to wait my turn or wait for anything. there was one day i left my console on idle for a boosting group for about 8 hours so it could possibly go faster then 25 hrs if your not taking turns. if a random joins your session your screwed. there is people creating boost sessions who expect you to only stay in their group and play at their time and feel like you are a traitor if you play with others outside of the boost

fck discord. ive joined peoples sessions in game randomly and went with the flow of what they were doing and was working perfectly fine and got bombarded with you have to join our discord. just my personal opinion on discord but its a waste of time and these boost sessions are making the game ultimately way harder then it should be. this should be a simple boost that every single person is making hard

i ended up self boosting out of frusteration with others. i luckily had the free digital game from i guess ps plus, plus the disc version. and i guess i activated the free dlc back then either through the store or my disc. but if you activated it back then then youll be set for 5 copies of the dlc. otherwise i tried downloading the dlc on my alt consoles and it was 10$ also note the dlc is called a different name in europe. i guess someone said above if you buy the digital it comes with the dlc i dunno. all i know is for some reason it wasnt free with my alts but i luckily got my main name to dl it on 5 consoles (because i activated the 5 before the 2 limit console kicked in)

if you self boost or boost with 1-2 other friends the best way is this
1. pack the lobby with you and a friend. both of you make a platoon. open server browser and pick home run (or you can prob pick the detonate charge map if you have enough people and exchange kills and arms disarms) put your platoon in the map, and then have him enter so hes on the other side. on home run you run to his spawn point and he runs to your spawn point. kill all idling members theyll be in one spot. meet in the middle and swap kills to make the score 5-5 unless you want the end of the round bonus faster then make it 5-0 or whatever it is. dont really bother grabbing the flag unless your self boosting alone and want the extra 100 points
2. 4 accounts, 4ps3s alone. this is what i ended up doing because of the clusterfck of trying to boost with everyone else and the randoms. depending on time and day your either going to have every trophy hunter online boosting or no one online at all. pick home run in the server browser thats empty. make sure 2 on one platoon enter, and then 2 in the other platoon enter so its 2v2 or else itll be 4v0. every other game you should unlock a gun. at some point youll surpass your gun unlocks and youll just be gaining random xp waiting to unlock your next gun.

i do headshots for the extra small xp but at the same time trying to be fast about it. the last 2 classes run the fastest. randoms usually join large servers first 11/12 instead of 4/12 unless the game auto puts them in your server. if they join then finish the round (you wont get xp until all rounds in home run are finished) and then exit the next game. theyll be stuck in a server alone for a good 5 minutes before they realize you and all your alts left. 90% of the time if i left they wouldnt rejoin, or if they rejoined and i left again the 2nd or 3rd time they got the hint to leave me alone. dont message them and say leave. this will piss them off and theyll purposely stay.

get your recon kills out of the way as fast as possible anytime your doing a good run where no randoms are bothering you because these are the most annoying to get done. and like i said above the last 2 classes run the fastest so if a random joins just run past him with a fast class and snatch all the kills. when they have 0 points in 15 minutes theyll give up.

if your using alts, organize and set them all up before hand. dont wait till day of boosting. it took me 5 hours (no joke. also tried helping someone the other day and took them 3 hours to setup) to set all my consoles up, get all the dlc working, i tried buying more digital copies but playstation simply wouldnt let me add any funds through their website on none of my credit cards none of the transactions would go through. so i ended up ordering discs from ebay and waiting the 2 days for them instead of buying a psn card to loading funds into my account. figure out what works best for you depending on the dlc maps. if you dont have the dlc maps and it rotates into a dlc map itll kick the people who dont have it. maybe if the host dont have the dlc maps and their hosting maybe the game wont randomly pick a dlc map but i cant confirm this.

if you can lock and idle a whole server youll get alot more ribbons and points. i was lucky enough that whoevers boost group panda and clickclick was in they were idle and no one was playing my first day so i went up to level 24 in one night in about 8 hours until a random joined and messed the whole thing up. 

alts will disconnect time to time so watch that because randoms will hop in

if you cant log into multiplayer, you need to create a origin account with your alt

luckily warfighter didnt glitch on me. i had some concerns that i installed digital on the same console i had the cd installed. they seem to be 2 different installs. to be sure that wouldnt cause the mysterious issue i used disc through the entire thing which is what is tarted with. i ranked up during the match and not after like suggested. 

good luck on finishing this miserable god forsaken boost. ive never seen worst boosts then this since aliens vs predator where i heard people break down on their mics lol. it seems to turn into a unorganized free for all at all times. seriously get it done as fast as possible and get it over with. its a clusterfck. there is a few good people boosting. i just cant remember the names atm

On 12/13/2022 at 7:10 AM, Row1789 said:

Is anything else worth installing from the store? 

no, by the time you rank up to warchief all the pins and tours should unlock around the same time anyways. im also wondering if anyone who had warchief glitch on them possibly bought the weapon unlock pack by any chance. if thats a factor at all

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i just finished this a few days ago and ill throw some things out there

join multiple boost sessions or you arent going to finish the mp on time. it took me 25 hours. when i say 25 hours that was mostly not having to wait my turn or wait for anything. there was one day i left my console on idle for a boosting group for about 8 hours so it could possibly go faster then 25 hrs if your not taking turns. if a random joins your session your screwed. there is people creating boost sessions who expect you to only stay in their group and play at their time and feel like you are a traitor if you play with others outside of the boost

fck discord. ive joined peoples sessions in game randomly and went with the flow of what they were doing and was working perfectly fine and got bombarded with you have to join our discord. just my personal opinion on discord but its a waste of time and these boost sessions are making the game ultimately way harder then it should be. this should be a simple boost that every single person is making hard

i ended up self boosting out of frusteration with others. i luckily had the free digital game from i guess ps plus, plus the disc version. and i guess i activated the free dlc back then either through the store or my disc. but if you activated it back then then youll be set for 5 copies of the dlc. otherwise i tried downloading the dlc on my alt consoles and it was 10$ also note the dlc is called a different name in europe. i guess someone said above if you buy the digital it comes with the dlc i dunno. all i know is for some reason it wasnt free with my alts but i luckily got my main name to dl it on 5 consoles (because i activated the 5 before the 2 limit console kicked in)

if you self boost or boost with 1-2 other friends the best way is this
1. pack the lobby with you and a friend. both of you make a platoon. open server browser and pick home run (or you can prob pick the detonate charge map if you have enough people and exchange kills and arms disarms) put your platoon in the map, and then have him enter so hes on the other side. on home run you run to his spawn point and he runs to your spawn point. kill all idling members theyll be in one spot. meet in the middle and swap kills to make the score 5-5 unless you want the end of the round bonus faster then make it 5-0 or whatever it is. dont really bother grabbing the flag unless your self boosting alone and want the extra 100 points
2. 4 accounts, 4ps3s alone. this is what i ended up doing because of the clusterfck of trying to boost with everyone else and the randoms. depending on time and day your either going to have every trophy hunter online boosting or no one online at all. pick home run in the server browser thats empty. make sure 2 on one platoon enter, and then 2 in the other platoon enter so its 2v2 or else itll be 4v0. every other game you should unlock a gun. at some point youll surpass your gun unlocks and youll just be gaining random xp waiting to unlock your next gun.

i do headshots for the extra small xp but at the same time trying to be fast about it. the last 2 classes run the fastest. randoms usually join large servers first 11/12 instead of 4/12 unless the game auto puts them in your server. if they join then finish the round (you wont get xp until all rounds in home run are finished) and then exit the next game. theyll be stuck in a server alone for a good 5 minutes before they realize you and all your alts left. 90% of the time if i left they wouldnt rejoin, or if they rejoined and i left again the 2nd or 3rd time they got the hint to leave me alone. dont message them and say leave. this will piss them off and theyll purposely stay.

get your recon kills out of the way as fast as possible anytime your doing a good run where no randoms are bothering you because these are the most annoying to get done. and like i said above the last 2 classes run the fastest so if a random joins just run past him with a fast class and snatch all the kills. when they have 0 points in 15 minutes theyll give up.

if your using alts, organize and set them all up before hand. dont wait till day of boosting. it took me 5 hours (no joke. also tried helping someone the other day and took them 3 hours to setup) to set all my consoles up, get all the dlc working, i tried buying more digital copies but playstation simply wouldnt let me add any funds through their website on none of my credit cards none of the transactions would go through. so i ended up ordering discs from ebay and waiting the 2 days for them instead of buying a psn card to loading funds into my account. figure out what works best for you depending on the dlc maps. if you dont have the dlc maps and it rotates into a dlc map itll kick the people who dont have it. maybe if the host dont have the dlc maps and their hosting maybe the game wont randomly pick a dlc map but i cant confirm this.

if you can lock and idle a whole server youll get alot more ribbons and points. i was lucky enough that whoevers boost group panda and clickclick was in they were idle and no one was playing my first day so i went up to level 24 in one night in about 8 hours until a random joined and messed the whole thing up. 

alts will disconnect time to time so watch that because randoms will hop in

if you cant log into multiplayer, you need to create a origin account with your alt

luckily warfighter didnt glitch on me. i had some concerns that i installed digital on the same console i had the cd installed. they seem to be 2 different installs. to be sure that wouldnt cause the mysterious issue i used disc through the entire thing which is what is tarted with. i ranked up during the match and not after like suggested. 

good luck on finishing this miserable god forsaken boost. ive never seen worst boosts then this since aliens vs predator where i heard people break down on their mics lol. it seems to turn into a unorganized free for all at all times. seriously get it done as fast as possible and get it over with. its a clusterfck. there is a few good people boosting. i just cant remember the names atm

no, by the time you rank up to warchief all the pins and tours should unlock around the same time anyways. im also wondering if anyone who had warchief glitch on them possibly bought the weapon unlock pack by any chance. if thats a factor at all

This is grim reading, sounds like a right ball ache. I’m about to start this. I have three PS3s available to me but one copy of the game atm, can easily get more though.

Few takeaways:

Is it only certain game modes that require 8 people to start? I thought it was all of them.

Leaving your PS3 on idle (elastic banding the controller) means that although you are being killed you are getting points for finishing matches? Presume it’s best to do this after you’ve hit ranks 7 & 14?

When I start playing online I should avoid all end of round bonuses and points until rank 14 pops? So get all my ranks by leaving games before they end? There was a bit I’ve read about a game mode giving 6000 xp that I should join when I’ve got 5000 do to go? I didn’t quite understand that.

My biggest concern is the glitches, I can probably have a fair run at the rest of multiplayer but will boost if I have the chance. 

6 hours ago, Darkwaxer said:

Is it only certain game modes that require 8 people to start? I thought it was all of them.

The main boosting game mode Home Run requires 4, you can get 55 kills (2 pins in a game) and easily hit +10k if you are the only killer in a full lobby.

Leaving your PS3 on idle (elastic banding the controller) means that although you are being killed you are getting points for finishing matches? Presume it’s best to do this after you’ve hit ranks 7 & 14?

Yes, do not idle around those levels. You will get min 1000 and max 2000 XP by just idling.

When I start playing online I should avoid all end of round bonuses and points until rank 14 pops? So get all my ranks by leaving games before they end? There was a bit I’ve read about a game mode giving 6000 xp that I should join when I’ve got 5000 do to go? I didn’t quite understand that.

No, you have to know how the game will end if you are winning (a 5-5 tie is also a win) or you will be selected as the featured fireteam (highest-scoring squad). Just stop doing anything when you have 2000 XP left (the pause screen while playing shows your XP in real time) then you are golden and you cannot level up with end-game bonuses.

My biggest concern is the glitches, I can probably have a fair run at the rest of multiplayer but will boost if I have the chance. 

Don't synch the trophy list until you passed LVL 7-14 or until you have finished the whole multiplayer like I did if you don't want any mistakes. I finished multiplayer with friends so when I asked them that I need the whole game to level up, they idled. This may prove difficult with randoms as I can see is fairly toxic atm.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Darkwaxer said:

This is grim reading, sounds like a right ball ache. I’m about to start this. I have three PS3s available to me but one copy of the game atm, can easily get more though.

Few takeaways:

it can sound pretty dreadfull and confusing at first but once you get the hang of it and figure out a flow its prob a little better then im making it sound. ill try to tackle your questions as best as possible

homerun is the only mode that only need 4 people to start. so you can play 2 vs 2. the other modes require more people i dont remember how many off hand, i think 8 like u said. and if there is 8 and it dont start its because teams are unbalanced.

being idle and getting points, the one day that i left my ps3 idle for the other boosters for roughly 8 hours i wrote down my points before i went to sleep. when i woke up i had only gained 1 rank that entire time. im assuming the pts i gained were from being on the winning team or something. but i do not know how long they boosted for. i doubt it was that entire 8 hours because i woke up to a empty lobby lol. 

as far as the points thats tricky to figure out because you kind of dont know how many points your going to get after the round. my very last rank it worked out where my 2nd to last round was near ranking up so i was able to get the trophy to pop mid match. as for rank 7 and 14 i didnt even look because i didnt know that glitch existed at the time. imo im wondering if this glitch really has something to do with end of the round leveling up or if its one of these ideas that someone had and everyone else ran with it. but during home run the matches are long enough that you will prob pop the trophy mid match instead of after the match. imo it was really hard for me to try to plan my ranking up mid match instead of after. i felt like i had no control of that. even if i left the match if i had to, the odds are im going to go back in the match and still gain nearly the same amount of xp regardless. so i dunno. 

my biggest concern was glitches as well. especially the last rank since its almost the last trophy youll get. but i didnt encounter any. it seems only a small portion of people glitched. 

as far as the rest of mp, almost every lobby is boosting. so if your not self boosting then try to ask to join their session or theyll be pissed. there was a few sessions where people were boosting but filling up team deathmatches and playing regular and those are a free for all but you dont progress fast enough imo.

annnnnd i just realize the other guy above me basically answered everything lol. the only thing about not syncing is i think your rank is stored in moh servers. so if the trophy dont pop im not sure if thatll actually help or not.

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1