Reported glitch Maximum Security

bryanr1213

3 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Ah what a total mess this game has been from the beginning. Might have to wait for a fix then, or pop it if I'm required to do a permadeath playthrough once the dlc drops.

Well that sucks, I wanted to have the plat before Feb. Don't think I'll play the game on Permadeath as it is too stressful for me lol

I don't see any struggle playing the game on hard, as I just finished it. The trophy popped normal (PS5 Digital Edition). Some random enemy encounters were harder than the final boss haha. If you struggle with the Two-Head boss, I suggest you shoot him down and then hit him 3-4 times with the fast melee. This way you have to shoot him down 2 times and it is done (same with all of his encounters). The Final boss is very simple. Shoot, run, repeat. If some crawlers appear use the GRP and throw them at each other or the boss. Plenty of health and ammo all around. This was supposed to be the hard difficulty? These days, every game on hard is such a peace of cake haha.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LazHimself said:

I had forgot to close the game. Did that and it popped. This was on 1.06 though. No clue if it still works with 1.07, sorry.

I have a sneaking suspicion that whatever 1.07 did to the game, it impacted the Max difficulty trophy because there are people who can't get it after doing it legit, but also @Optinooby seems to have had no problem getting the trophy from the exploit on the latest patch (it popped for them 6 times).  I think there might be something that was done earlier on in one's playthrough that might have triggered the Max difficulty trophy to not pop, but what the specific thing is, I don't know.  The only weird thing I noticed in my run is the game allowed me to pick up one of the audio logs twice (it was the Derryn Barr Miner Log 3 in Ch. 7). 

These have been my observations:

I have noticed that the game creates two auto saves after the boss fight, but the first one - which triggers after you beat the boss, and before you regain control -  has the same time stamp as a manual save I created at the second stage of the final boss fight (after the transformation).  If I load the auto save, it starts me in the cutscene after beating the boss, but if I load the other save, it starts me at the beginning of the second stage of the boss fight.  Same in-game time stamp, different points in the game. 

I just played through the end of the boss fight again, and paused it before the first auto save triggers, changed the difficulty, and made a manual save.  That new manual save also has the same in-game time stamp as the one from the boss fight even though it was technically created a few minutes afterwards.  I suspect the auto save that is about to be created (I have the game paused at the moment) will have the same in-game time stamp as my mid-boss and new manual save as well.  

I do have a manual save before the whole end boss fight, so I can try to replay from there and not create a manual save in the boss fight to see what happens with the in-game time stamps. 

I also keep seeing Cloud Save files show up in my Load Game menu even though I have turned off the option to auto-upload the save files to the cloud for this game on my PS5.  

1 hour ago, BCS_Man24 said:

I couldn't get the glitch to work on the ps4, but for some reason it worked perfectly well on the ps5. 

What update version? And what did you do to get it to work?

Edited by ziggurcat

Hey.

Adding my voice to the collective who didn't get the glitch to work with 1.07 on PS5. 

The only thing I did different is that when I would stop a session, I would switch to Maximum Security before I turned off the game. When I returned,  I would switch it back to Minimum. 

I started a legit run on Maximum Security, from a full 1.07 patch, and I'll update my results. 

On 10/12/2022 at 5:51 PM, Optinooby said:

It works on 1.07. I just platinumed for the 5th and 6th time today, and I tried the glitch for one of those

Took a bit of messing to work, but worked eventually.

After 6 platinums, including a no damage platinum, I observed the save system is weird sometimes and I feel there are a lot of variables to consider that I have not tested them all to get down a fool proof step by step method. I dont have time to test the glitch 5+ times to clean up the strategy.

I played about with the 2 autosaves after beating the final boss. 1 of these triggers as soon as you beat him and the cutscene starts, and another triggers straight after the cutscene when u get control back for the escape. 

I changed difficulty after that autosave straight after beating him, so when the autosave triggered at the start of the escape, that was saved on Max Secur. And then those are the 2 I was reloading later and checking with.

Like I say, I feel there are a few more variables though which I cant really eliminate without popping the trophy again. Manual saves likely work as well, I just think its something between changing difficulty, and hitting another checkpoint which sorta locks it in

Just wanted to say it works on 1.07, I was on PS5 btw

@Optinooby big fan of your work.

Can you confirm that:

•you started on Maximum Security (Hard) and switched to Minimum (Easy) on first level?

Or

•you started on Minimum all the way till after the Final Boss?

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, ziggurcat said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that whatever 1.07 did to the game, it impacted the Max difficulty trophy because there are people who can't get it after doing it legit, but also @Optinooby seems to have had no problem getting the trophy from the exploit on the latest patch (it popped for them 6 times).  I think there might be something that was done earlier on in one's playthrough that might have triggered the Max difficulty trophy to not pop, but what the specific thing is, I don't know.  The only weird thing I noticed in my run is the game allowed me to pick up one of the audio logs twice (it was the Derryn Barr Miner Log 3 in Ch. 7). 

These have been my observations:

I have noticed that the game creates two auto saves after the boss fight, but the first one - which triggers after you beat the boss, and before you regain control -  has the same time stamp as a manual save I created at the second stage of the final boss fight (after the transformation).  If I load the auto save, it starts me in the cutscene after beating the boss, but if I load the other save, it starts me at the beginning of the second stage of the boss fight.  Same in-game time stamp, different points in the game. 

I just played through the end of the boss fight again, and paused it before the first auto save triggers, changed the difficulty, and made a manual save.  That new manual save also has the same in-game time stamp as the one from the boss fight even though it was technically created a few minutes afterwards.  I suspect the auto save that is about to be created (I have the game paused at the moment) will have the same in-game time stamp as my mid-boss and new manual save as well.  

I do have a manual save before the whole end boss fight, so I can try to replay from there and not create a manual save in the boss fight to see what happens with the in-game time stamps. 

I also keep seeing Cloud Save files show up in my Load Game menu even though I have turned off the option to auto-upload the save files to the cloud for this game on my PS5.  

What update version? And what did you do to get it to work?

@ziggurcat , interesting observations about the save files time stamps. 

Did it yield any results for you? Did the trophy pop?

1 hour ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Hey.

Adding my voice to the collective who didn't get the glitch to work with 1.07 on PS5. 

The only thing I did different is that when I would stop a session, I would switch to Maximum Security before I turned off the game. When I returned,  I would switch it back to Minimum. 

I started a legit run on Maximum Security, from a full 1.07 patch, and I'll update my results. 

@Optinooby big fan of your work.

Can you confirm that:

•you started on Maximum Security (Hard) and switched to Minimum (Easy) on first level?

Or

•you started on Minimum all the way till after the Final Boss?

Thanks.

I'd actually done neither, because I was practising my platinum speedrun, I NEEDED to be a Max from the start.

So on my alt that I was practising on, because I intended to try this glitch at the end, I'd actually started on Minimum Security and change to Maximum Security once I got control and was able to.

Then at the end, I dropped it back to Minimum Security first just to make sure the trophy wasnt going to pop, then it didnt.

Thats when I started messing about with the difficulty. It didn't work maybe 4 times, and then on about the 5th time, thats when I worked.

I dont think the difficulty at the start has any impact as there are many reports of it working even if starting on Minimum Security, but like I say, I really cant say for sure the exact variables needed to get it working properly, too many to test and im moving on now from this.

The game really is not that bad on Max. I have a text/video guide in another thread. If a player follows that, they really will not have any trouble starting on Max, strategies there make it mega easy.

I actually honestly think it would be harder to complete a Blind Minimum Security playthrough than following my guide on Maximum Security!!

What makes these game hard is lack of knowledge, but just like the RE games, it becomes easy with knowledge of a good route, which guides would or should provide!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

@ziggurcat , interesting observations about the save files time stamps. 

Did it yield any results for you? Did the trophy pop?

The trophy has not popped for me at all.  

update: The manual save I just created immediately after defeating the boss sends me back to the second half of the boss fight.  The auto save with the same time stamp sends me to the cutscene after the boss fight.  

34 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I'd actually done neither, because I was practising my platinum speedrun, I NEEDED to be a Max from the start.

So on my alt that I was practising on, because I intended to try this glitch at the end, I'd actually started on Minimum Security and change to Maximum Security once I got control and was able to.

Then at the end, I dropped it back to Minimum Security first just to make sure the trophy wasnt going to pop, then it didnt.

Thats when I started messing about with the difficulty. It didn't work maybe 4 times, and then on about the 5th time, thats when I worked.

What steps, if you recall, had you done following the defeat of the last boss, particularly on the time it did work? Which final auto save file, and what difficulty was that save file set to? I've tried a handful of different save points, reloading different files, etc... and none of it has worked for me, sadly.   

34 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I actually honestly think it would be harder to complete a Blind Minimum Security playthrough than following my guide on Maximum Security!!

I have a feeling I may have to do this - what is the link to you guide? 

28 minutes ago, ziggurcat said:

What steps, if you recall, had you done following the defeat of the last boss, particularly on the time it did work? Which final auto save file, and what difficulty was that save file set to? I've tried a handful of different save points, reloading different files, etc... and none of it has worked for me, sadly.   

I have a feeling I may have to do this - what is the link to you guide? 

I dont recall exactly mate, I mean I sorta know what I was doing, but I dont recall exactly what everything was set to, what I had loaded last, did I reload a autosave after changing difficulty etc. It was a mess, thats why I cant say for sure what exact actions I took. Sorry I cant be more helpful with that.

Its on the game forum here, I made a thread for it earlier. I did a No Damage Platinum in 3 hours 30 which im just mentioning to indicate how simple the game is when you have the knowledge of how to simplify it. Don't expect every1 to No Damage as that will take a little practice, but the strategies are all there and are pretty rock solid.

Just did this now too.  Started on maximum security then changed it to minimum when I was able to.  Right as the final boss cut scene started I changed to maximum.  Ran till credits and at menu closed game.  Then when loaded up I hit continue where left me at the running section at the end.  Once the credits started maximum and platinum popped.  All this on 1.06 PS5. 

Doesn’t seem to be working for me. Was going to start another playthrough on maximum as I missed a collectible due to a weird checkpoint reload after death but now I’m nervous the whole trophy may not be working for me even if a legit run is completed. If anyone solves the issue, please let us know. 

1 hour ago, leprekon666 said:

Just did this now too.  Started on maximum security then changed it to minimum when I was able to.  Right as the final boss cut scene started I changed to maximum.  Ran till credits and at menu closed game.  Then when loaded up I hit continue where left me at the running section at the end.  Once the credits started maximum and platinum popped.  All this on 1.06 PS5. 

How do you get back to 1.06?

I'll add what happened to me... I played the PS4 version first on Maximum Security and was able to get the difficulty trophy and platinum legitimately. I then started up the PS5 version at 1.006 and was progressing through the game on Maximum Security as well.

Update dropped when I was in Chapter 7 and I figured it wouldn't hurt anything if I went ahead and updated to 1.007. Still playing on Maximum Security and beat the game... No "The Protocol is About Life" trophy and no platinum. I checked to see if my difficulty had changed and it was still on Maximum Security. Looked through my old saves (it tells you the difficulty) and again, all Maximum Security. Didn't want to bother playing through again, so I loaded up my PS4 Maximum Security manual save and finished it again. Trophy popped.

I hate to suggest it for those who are unable to get the PS5 Platinum to pop (even with the glitch), but perhaps you can either play through or load a Maximum Security PS4 save file like I did.

4 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I dont recall exactly mate, I mean I sorta know what I was doing, but I dont recall exactly what everything was set to, what I had loaded last, did I reload a autosave after changing difficulty etc. It was a mess, thats why I cant say for sure what exact actions I took. Sorry I cant be more helpful with that.

Its on the game forum here, I made a thread for it earlier. I did a No Damage Platinum in 3 hours 30 which im just mentioning to indicate how simple the game is when you have the knowledge of how to simplify it. Don't expect every1 to No Damage as that will take a little practice, but the strategies are all there and are pretty rock solid.

I was thinking more generally :)

I understand you changed the difficulty sometime after the cutscene auto save point and before you regained control, but in the 5 attempts, did you reboot the game at all? Manually load the auto save or just click continue each time? I'm just trying to get a sense of the timing of things, and what save files were loaded/how they were loaded.  

1 hour ago, ziggurcat said:

I was thinking more generally :)

I understand you changed the difficulty sometime after the cutscene auto save point and before you regained control, but in the 5 attempts, did you reboot the game at all? Manually load the auto save or just click continue each time? I'm just trying to get a sense of the timing of things, and what save files were loaded/how they were loaded.  

I had probably gone to the ending 4 times and the time i changed difficulty first was straight after beating the end boss when the cutscene begins, I did it just after that 1st autosave icon after beating him.

I made a manual save during the escape as well.

I had changed difficulty a few times, like during the escape as well.

I eventually selected the earliest autosave that said Maximum Security difficulty and went from there when the trophy popped. Though I dont recall if I reloaded checkpoint after the when i hit the next autosave.

Its all kinda a mess as i dont remember exactly what i did with what and when, and even if i did, im not 100% that something didnt affect something else that I did later.

i kinda ended up just looking at saves that said Max Sec, and kept playing about with those. 

PS5 btw, not sure if that affects thing. I did it legit on another account side by side and that popped ok. Just saying as some are saying it wont even pop if done legit

Edited by Optinooby

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

I had probably gone to the ending 4 times and the time i changed difficulty first was straight after beating the end boss when the cutscene begins, I did it just after that 1st autosave icon after beating him.

I eventually selected the earliest autosave that said Maximum Security difficulty and went from there when the trophy popped. Though I dont recall if I reloaded checkpoint after the when i hit the next autosave.

Its all kinda a mess as i dont remember exactly what i did with what and when, and even if i did, im not 100% that something didnt affect something else that I did later.

i kinda ended up just looking at saves that said Max Sec, and kept playing about with those. 

PS5 btw, not sure if that affects thing. I did it legit on another account side by side and that popped ok. Just saying as some are saying it wont even pop if done legit

On your legit hard run, did you do it all in one session? 

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks for that info.  Sadly, the trophy still isn't popping for me.  I found your Max difficulty no damage plat video here, so I am going to watch that, and maybe attempt to go through it legitimately.  

I'm not sure if I am the only one experiencing this right now, but I downloaded the PS4 version, and booted that, but the game doesn't show up in my trophy list even though I had unlocked two trophies when I booted the game and went through to the end from my PS5 save files.  Also when I go to sync the trophies to PSN, I get an error NP-103374-B.  Not sure if this is relevant or not, but stranger things have happened.  

On 12/9/2022 at 4:02 AM, FATALITY5150 said:

new patch out for the ps4 version exploit still work?

This is what I'm wondering.  I am at the last boss fight (WORST BOSS FIGHT EVER!!!). I keep cancel and deleting the 10 GB patch. Any body tired this after newest patch?