[Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

Mako

Awesome, that saves me from spending over 60$ for dlc in granblue. Im guessing it doesn't work for say getting comrades trophies in ff 15 since those aren't in 1.0 but it will be really handy in those cases where devs break a trophy in later patches and didn't bother to fix it(like mafia 3)

On 08/09/2022 at 0:55 PM, gabrzzz said:

Hello everyone, I wanted to share another method that doesn't need installing any program.
(I didn't discover this, credits goes to who shared it: qLucas, Jats Tube. And who discovered it: Cronus).

The PS4 requires you to have the double of a game's size available in order to download it.

1. Your PS4 needs to be running out of storage space for the game you want the 1.00 version.
2. Start downloading any games to make your storage full. You can pause them after they start downloading. (When it shows how much time left to finish)
3. When you run out of storage space, start downloading the game you want the 1.00 version.
4. The error of not having enough storage should occur.
5. Go to Settings -> Network -> Disable internet in the console.
6. With the internet off resume the download.
7. The message "Preparing to download... (1%)" will appear.
8. You can now delete the paused games you started downloading to make your storage full.
9. Go back to Settings -> Network -> Enable the internet again.
10. The game will automatically re-download on version 1.00.

Example:

MfVItCI.png

Nice! That really works. NA here.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2022 at 4:55 PM, gabrzzz said:

Hello everyone, I wanted to share another method that doesn't need installing any program.
(I didn't discover this, credits goes to who shared it: qLucas, Jats Tube. And who discovered it: Cronus).

The PS4 requires you to have the double of a game's size available in order to download it.

1. Your PS4 needs to be running out of storage space for the game you want the 1.00 version.
2. Start downloading any games to make your storage full. You can pause them after they start downloading. (When it shows how much time left to finish)
3. When you run out of storage space, start downloading the game you want the 1.00 version.
8. You can now delete the paused games you started downloading to make your storage full.

Example:

MfVItCI.png

Would it be possible to do this on the PS4, then put the 1.0 version on an external hard drive and then connect that external hard drive to the PS5? Maybe you can get to play the 1.0 version on the PS5 this way

I'm guessing the answer is no but it's worth a try

Edited by maiathewinners

8 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

Would it be possible to do this on the PS4, then put the 1.0 version on an external hard drive and then connect that external hard drive to the PS5? Maybe you can get to play the 1.0 version on the PS5 this way

I'm guessing the answer is no but it's worth a try

That's the way I did it. The update will start downloading on its own once the game is started and recognized. When you see it, you can pause the update download to continue playing on 1.0 on PS5. ? 

• Like 3

On 9/8/2022 at 8:55 AM, gabrzzz said:

Are there any common errors or oversights you might know of that can cause this not to work? I'm attempting this with Animal Super Squad but it still ends up with v1.04.

On 08/09/2022 at 0:55 PM, gabrzzz said:

Example:

MfVItCI.png

Would this work for Mafia 3 by any chance?

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 4:34 AM, BluesFanUK said:

Ah cheers mate, where did you find those ones? Just a shame they're for the US version otherwise i'd settle for that patch.

https://web.archive.org/web/20191028174439/https://xn--xce.cc/pkgWIP.txt

^ That link has a lot of patches that aren't on orbis, which is most likely where @JorgeSleep found it.

Edited by SegaJAM
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok I installed PSX and started downloading, then what do I do to prevent the patch from installing? Trying this with Mass Effect LE to prevent myself from replaying the three games in Insanity, it's 88 Go so I better figure out now...

I figured I have to find what is the patch file among something about... a few hundreds of logs but then how am I supposed to stop it from downloading and instal?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody! I’m writing here because I need some advice. I played the game on PS 5 and obviously ended up in the trophy bug, due to the “too updated version”. So I also tried to play a little bit on PS 4. 
I did the rpg mode on PS5, all the glossary is unlocked, but of course I didn’t get the trophy. On ps4 I could downgrade to version 1.00 but if I access the glossary the same is unlocked and even on ps4 I cannot get the trophy. On ps4 I have not completed the rpg mode. 
What is the fastest way to recover the trophy on ps4? In your opinion, should I have to delete the save and redo everything again not updating the app, or just do something else? (for example just finish the rpg mode with the save with the glossary already completed? ) thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this was answered already, but does the method 1 download have to be 1 session? Like a 80gb download would take around 10-13 hours for me to download. Can I start the process normally using PSX proxy, turn off my PS4 while keeping the proxy open, and then resume the download another time?

or is it just a simple case of starting a 1.00 version download?

Edited by BestUsername----