[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

7 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

86 Participants already signed up, and the event hasn't even kicked off yet - more than I could have imagined!

Nice! Glad to be part of it.

At first I was thinking about just playing any game and checking for eligibility afterwards but I'm currently on the go with my Vita only, playing a little. It got me thinking, and I know I'm very late to the party but buying a pre-owned Vita three years ago was the best decision, even though I never played on it that much because I'm not that often away from the "big" consoles and it is kind of hard for me to find games. It turned out that I'm not really the Vita's target audience.

However, there are a few that I neglected when a PS3/4/5 was around but I think this event is a great opportunity to change that. So, I just decided that I'm trying to fill the colors with Vita games (best case, Vita only). I might fail this challenge but I'd turn that into retro-only then and accept PS3 as well.

I'm already preparing Need for Speed's Vita platinum for the first color and I'm having a blast, so your event has a positive impact on my gaming habits already!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Nice! Glad to be part of it.

At first I was thinking about just playing any game and checking for eligibility afterwards but I'm currently on the go with my Vita only, playing a little. It got me thinking, and I know I'm very late to the party but buying a pre-owned Vita three years ago was the best decision, even though I never played on it that much because I'm not that often away from the "big" consoles and it is kind of hard for me to find games. It turned out that I'm not really the Vita's target audience.

However, there are a few that I neglected when a PS3/4/5 was around but I think this event is a great opportunity to change that. So, I just decided that I'm trying to fill the colors with Vita games (best case, Vita only). I might fail this challenge but I'd turn that into retro-only then and accept PS3 as well.

I'm already preparing Need for Speed's Vita platinum for the first color and I'm having a blast, so your event has a positive impact on my gaming habits already!

Nice!

A Vita-only list sounds like a cool twist - I’m a vita fan myself, though haven’t been on the old girl for a while now… there’s some great games on there for sure!

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 3:50 PM, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

I'd say green

13 hours ago, willythom88 said:

Either Dark Green or Green, red if you really want to use the hands.

Eh, sorry, ignore that post. I just caught a shiny Hoppip which is fitting the green category so this fake tree will not be in the list as I probably will get a better Maroon shiny. Trying to catch as many of the remainder as I can before New Year's starts the event. xD

I'd like to join this. Should keep me motivated with my gaming with my RL obligations hounding me. I'll be doing it in my new gaming account @LousyGamer67 though.

bHFRTF0.png

FYI - Grey = Blair Witch.

Games aren't final, but these are the games at the tip of my tongue / library / backlog.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, InfinateEternity said:

If it's okay, please add me to the participant's list. :) I'll add my games to the (very helpful) checklist, as they're completed. 1f607.png

I was like, WTF, but then you explained it. That's perfectly fine. You do you. ;)

As for me, I plan on putting up the list when I get my goals finished. I still have two more Shiny Pokemon(white and brown) to catch and boy howdy, they are being stubborn in not showing even under the power of a Sparkling Power Level 3 sandwich. :( If I can't get them today, it'll be much harder to find them because, as you know, I'll be sort of busy playing the games on my list when the event officially starts so I won't have time to play Pokemon Scarlet as much. So I'd love to catch those shiny Pokemon today if possible. (Also, I have to go to church this evening so that's some time lost.)

Edited by Taruta13

Phew! I got the last two shiny Pokemon I needed. Sadly, I had to evolve them to get their proper coloration as their base forms are the wrong color, but I had a ton of EXP candies that were burned for that process. Anyways, here is the list and a spoiler log for anyone who doesn't play Pokemon.

color3b.png

• White(Grimmsnarl): Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (0%)
  • Yellow(Goomi): World of Final Fantasy (5%)
  • Tan(Cyclizar): Ni No Kuni Remastered (2%)
  • Orange(Donphan): Disgaea 4+ Complete (0%)
  • Red(Tarantoula): LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (12%)
  • Pink(Flamigo): Disgaea 5 (62%)
  • Maroon(Rotom): Dragon Quest XI S (5%)
  • Purple(Sneasel): Queen's Quest 3 (0%)
  • Deep Purple(Foongus): Teslagrad (0%)
  • Blue(Bisharp): Rogue Galaxy (0%)
  • Light Blue(Orthwurm): Storm Boy (0%)
  • Green(Hoppip): Queen's Quest 4 (0%)
  • Light Green(Marill): Queen's Quest 2 (0%)
  • Brown(Krokorok): Warlock's Tower (0%)
  • Grey(Toedscool): TOEM (0%)
  • Black(Oricorio - Balle Form): A game from Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix (not sure which one yet but I will be playing through all of their main stories)

I also put links showing off the Shinies in a picnic setting because I didn't want to flood the post with pics. Have a happy New Year's and see you in 2023 with my first update when the event goes live. ;)

White to Pink

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlUcOBDagAkIqZ_?format=jpg&name=large

Purple to Light Blue

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlUcOBbaAAENXI4?format=jpg&name=large

The rest of the colors

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlUcOBgaUAY1BUv?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

Alright I have a written list finally, I will make the chart soon but for now it's written 

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (black)

Hellblade (blue)

God of war (ps4) (grey)

Planet coaster (light blue)

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (white)

Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 (yellow)

Modern warfare 2- green 

The last blade 2 - tan

Jak 1- orange 

watch dogs legion- red

Hotline miami - pink

Lego star wars 3 - brown 

Guardians of the galaxy - maroon 

Grand theft auto: san andreas- light green

Saints row 4 - purple 

Saints row the third - deep purple

Overall I like the list, got games from other challenges in here along with some other games I have been meaning to play. Can't wait to do this 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Don't worry about the list - or changing it up or anything - some folks are creating them ahead of time (and that's cool!) but most folks (myself included) will just be filling it in as they go!

I can barely plan the next game I'm going to play, let alone predict 16 moves in the future! 1f602.png

I am terrible with procrastination so I have to make one ahead of time 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Don't worry about the list - or changing it up or anything - some folks are creating them ahead of time (and that's cool!) but most folks (myself included) will just be filling it in as they go!

I can barely plan the next game I'm going to play, let alone predict 16 moves in the future! 1f602.png

Mine is definitely going to change at some point. I'm already thinking oh I can play that game for that colour instead ?

• Like 1