Gameplay & Trophy Guides on PSNProfiles

Sly Ripper

great feature man! This is site slowly twerking all over ps3tro.org

I'm just gonna nit pick some stuff though to help it be more user friendly.

The tiles on the search page are really cool for finding new stuff, but it needs a way of seperating between different console systems.

On the tile its hard to see what system it is for without reading all the fine print and sometimes its not even on the tile.

Everything else is amazing. That guide creater is awesome and powerful. Makes everything more readable and search able.

Your the man Sly!

ps: the scrolling feature by clicking trophy bar on the side is way cool!

Edited by MutinyTeddie
  • Like 1

When i go to a game that i know has a trophy guide for on my profile, it doesnt show up there anywhere on the right side where i think it would be. it says to "create a trophy guide" is that a problem?

It's not supposed to be on the right side of a game page, it's towards the top right under the header image next to all the other useful links

Trophies, Trophy Guide (one guide) / Guides (more than one guide), Leaderboard, 100% Club, etc...

Edited by BlindMango

would it be possible to check which guides are atm unpublished and/or awaiting review???

I don't wanna start writing a guide and then, when i've completed it at 70%, see that someone else has already written it.

This could be done even here in the forum in a specific thread.

• Like 2

It's not supposed to be on the right side of a game page, it's towards the top right under the header image next to all the other useful links

Trophies, Trophy Guide (one guide) / Guides (more than one guide), Leaderboard, 100% Club, etc...

ohhhhhh ok i see now, thank you

I'm done contributing to this site, I've contributed a few tips over the few  months I've been here but with the removal trophy tips (include the ability to post any in the forums without being modded) and seeing a few threads about how "great" new guide system is for those who try to contribute.

Also here is what I posted about this new "feature" in another topic that was locked because it should be discussed in the original announcement thread.... So here we go:

I wanted to contribute a tip to trophy for Payday 2 the heist (Doctor Fantastic to specific) because the current tips are confusing and not really helpful (youtube video yay!) in finding the right engine the first time, was planning on posting a link with a little instructions on how to use said link that helped me get the trophy first try.... The trophy is dependent on RNG of what is the correct engine and every time it's different so a youtube video or explanation of figuring out the correct engine the "proper" way is bit much especially for the big trophy collectors.

I don't have the knowledge to contribute a full guide to all the trophies of Payday 2 as I've yet to figure out how to get them all (especially the ones that require complete stealth which is very hard)

I don't plan on ever contributing a full guide to this site but I have and was continuing to plan on submitting tips for trophies but I that isn't going to happen anymore.

Asked this in other thread of which was never answered

I have to ask, as I don't follow news or changes on this site closely, was there any feedback, poll, discussion on changes before they were done? I'm sure the community did want a guide section implemented but not at the expense of loosing the ability to submit tips for individual trophies.

Thus the reason we now have a beautiful guide system.

Yup so many great guides, like the one for Lego The Hobbit (or any Lego game)  sarcasm

You improve on the feature not get rid of it...

Raising the bar of difficulty to providing help to others to obtain that one trophy that they just seem to not figure out how to get isn't going to increase the amount of helpful content people can contribute

Edited by kmg90

Yup so many great guides, like the one for Lego The Hobbit (or any Lego game)  sarcasm

1) There isnt a guide you're looking for? Google. Still cant find it? Get off your backside and write it.

2) This is an improvement, trophy tips can still be viewed and in some instances pasted over to the guides so in all fairness your arguement here has become invalid.

Trophy guides have finally come around and are in BETA so of course we're not going to have EVERY SINGLE game on our database because in the time its been released it would've been impossible for the guide team to process a guide for all the games on the database.

One last question:

If you cant complete a lego game without help then does that make you a worse gamer than a 8 year old?

• Like 1

Raising the bar of difficulty to providing help to others to obtain that one trophy that they just seem to not figure out how to get isn't going to increase the amount of helpful content people can contribute

There are no Lego Hobbit guides yet.

In just after one month, we have 141 published guides and over 600 created. The number of new "tips" (trophy sections in the 141 guide) is 4,148. In the past 2.5 years we've had 13k trophy tips, so it's definitely increased the amount of content contributed by the community. Plus these sections have rich formatting, embedded images and videos and have been checked by the guide team to have proper formatting/spelling/grammar.

• Like 1

I agree that it's annoying that users can't post tips along with guides but well... that's just how Sly wants it to be I guess. Right now, we're in the stages of getting guides through for many of these games and as Sly said there's been a ton of progress with that.

As far as when new games release and the amount of time it could take to release a guide - well that could take a while, or it could take very little time depending on the circumstances, and the fact that users can't post tips between that time of game release and guide release for instant help is probably the only real flaw I see with not having user tips in the long run. Then there's up-to-date community submitted advice, newly found glitches, etc... if the person who made a game guide doesn't choose to keep their guide up to date.

Well, you guys already know my opinion on not having user tips in addition to guides, lol  :P

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

Go write your own guide of your LEGO game, stop complaining, google it

Can't play a LEGO game without a guide can you? 

What's the use of having tips if more than 60% of the tips arent helpful? I agree that tips were great and were quick and easy to access but they are helpful only if they contain good and valid info. The reason the 'Guide System' was introduced was to provide better info to the community while they are having problems with a certain part of the game. Yes, there's no guide for Lego The Hobbit, but im pretty sure there will be one pretty soon. Besides why do you need a guide for a lego game anyway? Lol.

Like Sly said, we have more than 100 guides already and the Guide Team is working a lot to push more out. Because of the easy to use editing system here people like me who havent even thought about writing guides before have started to write guides. All though if you really want tips on this site, I suppose Sly can re-introduce it and you can be a one man team to review all the tips before they get published. :giggle:

Dont say that he'd probably volonteer.

Anywho, despite the numerous lego jokes I can now work on, the fact you prefered tips to guides often whos the exact flaws that were in the system.

It would be nice to have a few changes people dont bitch about.

Gawd it sometimes feels like half the users here are French!

• Like 2