Gameplay & Trophy Guides on PSNProfiles

Sly Ripper

I've just got a suggestion that I thought I'd run by here. At the top of the guides page there's  new / popular / favourites / my guides, could a section be added for something that shows all available guides for games that you own only? Similar to in gaming sessions where you can view sessions that you can actually use?

I've two reasons for this suggestion:

1. It makes finding guides that are relevant easier
  2. If I see a good guide for a game on my profile I might be more encouraged to play through the game and go for some more trophies

Should that not be applicable, how about a little icon to go next to games in a users' profile that indicates a guide is available?

• Like 2

Yup so many great guides, like the one for Lego The Hobbit (or any Lego game)  sarcasm

You improve on the feature not get rid of it...

Raising the bar of difficulty to providing help to others to obtain that one trophy that they just seem to not figure out how to get isn't going to increase the amount of helpful content people can contribute

I aim to please so i have started making a Lego Marvel Super Heroes trophy guide, but if you want more then you need to get off your fat ass and press that create guide button.
  • Like 1

Can you do DLC trophies in a guide? Or do you have to make a seperate guide covering the DLC trophies?

We decided to have pieces of DLC have their own guides so they can have their own roadmaps and such and so original creators of the base game guide don't have to have to responsibility of keeping their guide up months to years later if they aren't able to.

• Like 1

They need to be in separate guides.

If you do both main game and dlc guides, the main guide can be somehow linked to them (I don't know how, never did a guide) and a link will appear to the dlc guides on the right side of the page.

9918289208059b89662aed89657bd9f3.png

Edited by DocDoomII

They need to be in separate guides.

If you do both main game and dlc guides, the main guide can be somehow linked to them (I don't know how, never did a guide) and a link will appear to the dlc guides on the right side of the page.

9918289208059b89662aed89657bd9f3.png

Related guides are linked automatically. It's basically every other guide (or the top rated ones, not sure yet) that has been made for the game. You have no choice or option to customise it.

You can still link to other guides in your trophy guide. There's a button in the editor that lets you insert a fancy link to another guide, very helpful if you've created a gameplay guide to compliment your main guide.

I think it should be in fact optional to include DLC. You should have the option to.

Why do you think that you should be allowed to include the DLC in a main guide?

Edited by Mumpel

I just had a thought that could be useful. Would it be beneficial to have # of guides "in progress" available to all users?

For example, when a user goes to the Guides page for a game that doesn't have any published guides yet. Instead of just seeing "No one's written a guide for this game yet, would you like to?", they could see "X guides coming soon" or "X guides are in progress" in addition to the buttons for creating a new guide.

*This could be another Statistic (or series of statistics) for the psnprofiles.com/statistics page ;)

• Like 2

Goddamn Sly, you never cease to amaze me. 

applause.gif

Parker

My thoughts exactly. This is the first I've seen this feature. I've always been stuck using PS3T.org's trophy guides (everyone knows how I dislike that site). I'm hopeful that this can become my one stop-shop for all things trophies and all things Playstation. Heck, I might even take a crack at a trophy guide myself!

we need an option to have them sorted alphabetically now, like show all "A" games or all "S" ones. considering were racking up the guide numbers.

There's no need, use the games page to find a game you want the guide for first.

There's no need, use the games page to find a game you want the guide for first.

Or type "A" or "S" into the search box on the Guides page. Well..give it two letters at least for the engine to kick in. Even better, type the name of the game. Simples.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

Sly, just to suggest a feature, could you allow users or guide author's to filter the trophies as they wish [ie. Order it as they wish]

I'd rather have the already earned ones to be collapsible with a toggle button.

I know they become green already, but a collapse toggle would be awesome.

I'd rather have the already earned ones to be collapsible with a toggle button.I know they become green already, but a collapse toggle would be awesome.

like they have in .org? Yes that would be appreciated and would make it less of a chore to find the trophy your looking for if the guide has a lot of text and pictures in it

like they have in .org? Yes that would be appreciated and would make it less of a chore to find the trophy your looking for if the guide has a lot of text and pictures in it

It's the only redeeming features they have on .org. The rest is a clusterfuck of a mess.
  • Like 1

So, yesterday I wrote a guide (spending a good two hours on it), then submitted it, and it said it had to be reviewed. Now I can't access the guide. Did I lost it?

Scrap that, I'm a dummy.

Edited by Dciaran
  • Like 1

Ok, request for tags: add trackable and untrackable progression tags (meaning: you can see this stat progression from the game menu or not). So that people know in advance that they have to count manually some stuff while they do it.

• Like 1

Thanks! It's a problem I always encounter in games, inconsistency in tracking. I was sure Freedom Cry would track the plundered ships just like it tracks liberated slaves and such, but no. Killzone Mercenary tracks kills, but no headshots, and only for SP, it tracks won matches, but doesn't track played matches... and so on.