1. 1. Best Persona game?

• Persona 3
    • Persona 3 FES
    • Perona 3 Portable
    • Persona 3 Reload

Interview details from 4Gamer.

Some key details:

• Development team for Persona 5 Royal moved to P3: Reload
  • All modern series elements are in P3R, including the lack of fatigue/tiredness, and characters will have individual Persona elements.
  • Every Social Link event is fully voiced.
  • To compromise for the lack of male Social Links, these new side stories were added so that every character gets their backstories equally told. 
  • Direct commands and AI commands are in P3R like other Persona games from P4 onwards.
  • Persona 3 Reload has the highest volume of voiced dialogue in the entire series to date.
  • Tartarus has breakable objects and unique conversations that you will only hear by exploring with your team.
  • Around half of the production team involved on P3R were not game developers at the time they played P3, so they used their perspectives as players to better understand the positive and negative aspects of playing P3.
  • The title is Persona 3 Reload because Wada-san felt that "R" made sense because P5R was the updated version of P5. "Reloaded" was originally an idea, but it sounded too focused on the action of a gun, but Reload made more sense because of the device used to summon a persona.

My hype is through the roof!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Ramzamham said:

So happy that Strega is getting more fleshed out this time. 

I am also happy that Revolver Jesus, Angry Pokemon Trainer and Suicidal Illustrator get more focus this time.

Edited by Laxus-0
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Man this looks so good, kinda wish they'd remake P4G too...would love to see it with a new coat of paint. So have they said anything about including The Answer to this version? Haven't really been keeping up.

Atlus will not not include The Answer part to this game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laxus-0 said:

Atlus will not not include The Answer part to this game.

Damn, just like Atlus to not make the Remake a definitive version. Could have combined all the great things about P3P and P3 FES and put it into this game. Still looking forward to playing it though.

12 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Damn, just like Atlus to not make the Remake a definitive version. Could have combined all the great things about P3P and P3 FES and put it into this game. Still looking forward to playing it though.

They will put some good things to this game. One of them being having more social interactions with your male sees members. They were no existent in all versions of persona 3.

Edited by Laxus-0

• 3 months later...

All I can say is that a game can be a godsend to the Heavens above and look, sound and play like a dream... but in my poor Jirard Dragonrider brain, the deal is either made or broken by the trophy list. If I have to get sick to drink strange medicine just to get points in courage to unlock a Social Link, then the game is dead to me.

All I say is that I want to love this game. The original Persona 3 was the first Persona I had ever played, and if it hadn't been for that game, I never would have even touched Persona 4 Golden or Persona 5 Royal. However, the trophy list in Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable burned me badly. 😢

This game is coming out soon. I will be checking the site to see if the trophy list gets revealed. I want a game that is as fun to play as Persona 5 Royal(which I will be playing both versions of for the umpteenth time very soon, once LEGO Star Wars on the PS4 is put to bed) and yet not be full of ridiculous tasks to complete. Come on, Atlus, if you want me to buy Persona 6, don't make me listen to 250 unique navigation lines or rely on RNG to get my social stats up. :angry:

• Confused 3

On 1/19/2024 at 9:55 PM, ProfSeajay7 said:

If I have to get sick to drink strange medicine just to get points in courage to unlock a Social Link, then the game is dead to me.

You know that's not the only way to get courage, right? That sounds like an incredibly petty reason to dismiss the game, along with your personal enjoyment hinging entirely on what the trophy list is made of.

Games are made up of ridiculous tasks, especially in RPGS. Don't like them, then don't do them.

12 hours ago, Bittersweet said:

Games are made up of ridiculous tasks, especially in RPGS. Don't like them, then don't do them.

I am mentally ill and have an OCD mentality when it comes to trophies, so I apologize for being petty.

EDIT: PowerPyx posted an article revealing the trophy list for Persona 3 Reload. Check it out: https://www.powerpyx.com/persona-3-reload-trophy-list-revealed/

Edited by ProfSeajay7