Best Persona game?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Best Persona game?

• Persona 3
    • Persona 3 FES
    • Perona 3 Portable
    • Persona 3 Reload

22 hours ago, Boorish said:

I can't read this but I guess I'll just have to trust you. Alright.

I'm concerned what this means for P6 though if the release date is correct (which for now I'll assume it is). I'll still hold on to hope... for now...

16 hours ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

If that's a remake they should definitely send their programmers to Square Enix and Capcom so they can see how it's done. 

Looks like PS3 game. Probably because it would blow up Switch with better graphics. I'm expecting another version of the game in 2025 or 2026 with added FeMC and Answer stuff titled Reloaded. 

Do you really think Atlus have anywhere near the budget/resources that Square Enix or Capcom have?!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SwiftGuyver said:

Do you really think Atlus have anywhere near the budget/resources that Square Enix or Capcom have?!

Nope, but it's funny that they boast about making a remake and their game doesn't even look better than Ni no kuni from 2013. 

Even Bluepoint could teach Atlus a thing or two. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

Wow that’s actually so disappointing. Ngl this has killed my hype a lot. Seems like a lot of people in the replies of that tweet agree. Seriously might not even be bothered getting this. The original VAs were that important to me. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Nope, but it's funny that they boast about making a remake and their game doesn't even look better than Ni no kuni from 2013. 

Even Bluepoint could teach Atlus a thing or two. 

It looks better than the OG PS2 game though doesn't it? Atlus has never been known for pushing the industry forward in terms of graphical fidelity, their strength is art style, UI, story, characters, addictive gameplay loops, soundtracks etc. 

"Even Bluepoint" well yeah seen as they're literally one of the best (some would argue THE best) remake studios in the industry. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SwiftGuyver said:

It looks better than the OG PS2 game though doesn't it? Atlus has never been known for pushing the industry forward in terms of graphical fidelity, their strength is art style, UI, story, characters, addictive gameplay loops, soundtracks etc. 

"Even Bluepoint" well yeah seen as they're literally one of the best (some would argue THE best) remake studios in the industry. 

It does look better. 

Everything you said about Atlus is right. I would add they are very lazy too and terrific at milking their fans. Like They wouldn't let Persona 5 owners buy new stuff as dlc. You had to rebuy Royal at full price. 

Bluepoint isn't the best. They are the best in replicating games 1:1, but Capcom is better. When they made Resident Evil they basically remade more than 100% of original game for GameCube. It had additional enemies, items, mechanics, places, modes, outfits, new intro and outro etc. You won't find new things in SotC and Demon's Souls except better graphics. I would say Square Enix is better too. They made 2D FFIII and FFIV into 3D games and FFVIIR looks better than most modern rpgs. 

37 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

It does look better. 

Everything you said about Atlus is right. I would add they are very lazy too and terrific at milking their fans. Like They wouldn't let Persona 5 owners buy new stuff as dlc. You had to rebuy Royal at full price. 

Bluepoint isn't the best. They are the best in replicating games 1:1, but Capcom is better. When they made Resident Evil they basically remade more than 100% of original game for GameCube. It had additional enemies, items, mechanics, places, modes, outfits, new intro and outro etc. You won't find new things in SotC and Demon's Souls except better graphics. I would say Square Enix is better too. They made 2D FFIII and FFIV into 3D games and FFVIIR looks better than most modern rpgs. 

I agree Atlus are greedy and milk their fanbase and I also agree with everything else you said in regards to Bluepoint, Capcom, Square and their respective strengths in producing remakes. 

From Gematsu:

Speaking to IGN, Persona 3 Reload producer Ryota Niitsuma and chief director Kazuhisa Wada confirmed that the game will only feature content from the original release of Persona 3. “So first I’d like to mention that since the basic concept of the Persona 3 remake was to remake the Persona 3, we don’t have the FES and Portable contents included,” Niitsuma said. “We wanted to really genuinely work on recreating the Persona 3 experience.

:facepalm: Next we'll find out that everyone but the MC is still AI controlled in order to "recreate the Persona 3 experience". At this point I don't think there will ever be a definitive version of Persona 3.

• Like 1

It really doesn't bother me, I had a lot of fun with the original so getting this is already more than enough, about the VA apart from being nostalgic I really don't care as long as the VA are good, P3 is much more than voice overs.

Think it’s funny MS paid to get the announcement exclusive for a couple days so XBox fans can pretend they care about it. Atlus isn’t that stupid. Also, after the show, XBox said most were coming to other platforms. Likely locked the announcement because they could and Atlus are assholes for going along with it.

Yeah I must say it made me laugh when P3P, P4G & P5R were announced for Xbox GamePass last year and there were people online talking about how excited they were because as Xbox exclusive gamers they'd been waiting years to finally play them. I couldn't help but find myself thinking if they were really that bothered about trying these titles out, two of which have existed in their OG forms since the PS2 era then actively choosing to limit themselves to only playing on Xbox for the past 17 years or so seemed a bit silly! I understand a lot of people can only afford one console per generation but if you really care about JRPGs you haven't been predominantly playing on Xbox for a long time now. 

I'd love to know how much Microsoft are paying Atlus for those 2-3 days of unconfirmed "exclusivity" only for the vast majority of people who actually play the games to then buy them on PlayStation or Switch instead. 

Edited by SwiftGuyver
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

So, as someone who never played part 3 - should I go with the already available version or wait for the "new" one. I don't see much difference to be honest and it also isn't complete?

It’s honestly hard to advise. Of the currently available editions, you’d be missing content either way.

On one hand, you have Persona 3: FES, which most hail as the best edition. It has additional Social Links and a new story scenario called The Answer after the game’s ending.

Then you have Persona 3 Portable. At the time since it was a PSP game, Atlus wasn’t able to fit all of FES onto the disc whilst also bringing new content. You get to choose between a male & female protag, and there are QoL changes like being able to directly control party members, as well as new SLs for the female route and new Persona. This is at the cost of The Answer being absent, and the game takes on a more VN appearance. You can run around and fight in dungeons in normal 3rd person, but outside that it’s more point-and-click menus.

I could make a case for either, but maybe try P3P since it’s the most easily accesible and also goes on sale regularly on PSN. You could always just watch The Answer on YT.

With Persona 3 reload, you’ll be missing out on The Answer as well as the female MC and their SLs.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thebonesofYou said:

It’s honestly hard to advise. Of the currently available editions, you’d be missing content either way.

On one hand, you have Persona 3: FES, which most hail as the best edition. It has additional Social Links and a new story scenario called The Answer after the game’s ending.

Then you have Persona 3 Portable. At the time since it was a PSP game, Atlus wasn’t able to fit all of FES onto the disc whilst also bringing new content. You get to choose between a male & female protag, and there are QoL changes like being able to directly control party members, as well as new SLs for the female route and new Persona. This is at the cost of The Answer being absent, and the game takes on a more VN appearance. You can run around and fight in dungeons in normal 3rd person, but outside that it’s more point-and-click menus.

I could make a case for either, but maybe try P3P since it’s the most easily accesible and also goes on sale regularly on PSN. You could always just watch The Answer on YT.

With Persona 3 reload, you’ll be missing out on The Answer as well as the female MC and their SLs.

Thank you for this!

On 6/10/2023 at 1:39 PM, TalalHmd said:

Is the remastered P3P worth playing now that we're getting this? 

If you're a Persona fan and want to play as the female protagonist, yes. It's only $19.99 and has gone on sale multiple times already. 

I played P3P for the first time when it debuted on PS4. I've only played P3 in general once, so I'm looking forward to the remake. Reload has the chance to be amazing, despite the fact that it is remaking Vanilla P3 instead of the other versions and I would rather have Persona 6. 

• Like 1

There's a lot of conflicting information about this game. IGN claimed there was no FES/P3P content but Famitsu now claims there is FES content but nothing from P3P (in other words the FeMC)

I'm not too miffed on no FeMC or 'The Answer' (mostly because the latter was unnecessarily difficult IMO) but the complete VA recasting of all of the characters is still honestly close to a borderline deal breaker for me. I was kind of hoping only Junpei would get recast because of the Vic Minogna stuff.

But again... I need some kind of Persona content for the ridiculous BS 10 year wait for P6... so...

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

There's a lot of conflicting information about this game. IGN claimed there was no FES/P3P content but Famitsu now claims there is FES content but nothing from P3P (in other words the FeMC)

I'm not too miffed on no FeMC or 'The Answer' (mostly because the latter was unnecessarily difficult IMO) but the complete VA recasting of all of the characters is still honestly close to a borderline deal breaker for me. I was kind of hoping only Junpei would get recast because of the Vic Minogna stuff.

But again... I need some kind of Persona content for the ridiculous BS 10 year wait for P6... so...

Yeah, I wasn't expecting him or Karen Strassman to return, but the entire cast is rough. I can't picture anyone as akihiko other than liam o'brian