Hitman 3 becomes Hitman: World on Assassination on January 26, but what does this mean for Hitman 1 & 2?

POEman553

Hey, I only have the standard edition of Hitman 2 (the one that came on ps+). I want to complete the trophy list for Hitman 2 (with all the packs) and buy and complete the one for Hitman 3 (incluinding the other 2 games related trophies...). What do I need to buy? This is way too confusing.

On 25/01/2023 at 3:48 AM, Goncalozak1 said:

Hey, I only have the standard edition of Hitman 2 (the one that came on ps+). I want to complete the trophy list for Hitman 2 (with all the packs) and buy and complete the one for Hitman 3 (incluinding the other 2 games related trophies...). What do I need to buy? This is way too confusing.

If you haven't bought anything yet, you might be out of luck, most of the stuff has already been removed from the store. 

The legacy packs and expansion pass have been removed, so there's no way to get the extra content.  The best you could do is 100% the base game and any included missions..

Edited by Delameko

11 minutes ago, Delameko said:

Although thinking about, if you can claim the Hitman 1 legacy pack with a Hitman 1 physical edition, you could do that.  And then buy a Hitman 2 Gold Ediiton physical.

I bought everything like EVERYTHING for +100 $ , it’s still expensive ? but it’s for the god sake trophies.

Edited by Hysteria
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Hysteria said:

I bought everything like EVERYTHING for +100 $ , it’s still expensive ? but it’s for the god sake trophies.

Same. I thought I had Hitman 2 Expansion pass, but good thing I checked. I've been working like crazy on Hitman 1 and 2. It's a shame that progress doesn't transfer from Hitman 1 to 2. Although from what I've seen, Hitman 2 has tweaked gameplay, and apparently it's easier to get to Mastery Level 20.

I would still recommend everyone to get the Custom Contracts done for Hitman 1 and 2 and the 3 Co-Op Sniper trophies in Hitman 2. Those are the ones that seem to be reliant on more than an active connection. Hopefully, IOI keeps Hitman 1 and 2 online services up, or at least patch it so we can keep getting challenges, etc Offline.

Edited by dakk55
  • Like 1

The purchasing for this is so confusing... I see Hitman WoA on sale, and the only add-on is the deluxe edition pack. Yet the trophy list here shows Hitman 1 & 2 w/ xpac. Are they separate purchases I have to find somewhere? Do you purchase the DLC in game? My brain hurts.

On 2023-01-31 at 6:49 PM, Skurkitty said:

The purchasing for this is so confusing... I see Hitman WoA on sale, and the only add-on is the deluxe edition pack. Yet the trophy list here shows Hitman 1 & 2 w/ xpac. Are they separate purchases I have to find somewhere? Do you purchase the DLC in game? My brain hurts.

Yes. The entire existence of the rebranding of Hitman 3 to World of Assassin was removing every last bit of DLC besides the Deluxe Pack.

If you see something part of the trophy list for Hitman 3, it's part of the base game. Every map/location/mission from Hitman 1 and 2 is now included in World of Assassination. If you want some extra cosmetics (not tied to trophies) then also buy the Deluxe Pack DLC.

Hope that helps. If not, lmk.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Yes. The entire existence of the rebranding of Hitman 3 to World of Assassin was removing every last bit of DLC besides the Deluxe Pack.

If you see something part of the trophy list for Hitman 3, it's part of the base game. Every map/location/mission from Hitman 1 and 2 is now included in World of Assassination. If you want some extra cosmetics (not tied to trophies) then also buy the Deluxe Pack DLC.

Hope that helps. If not, lmk.

This does indeed help! But I want to be sure I'm understanding correctly, all the DLC missions for completing missions and reaching mastery levels were changed to World of Assassin game mode? They no longer have any ties to the actual 1st and 2nd game aside from map layouts?

Never cared much about the Hitman story so if that's the case I'm extremely interested now.

Thank you!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

This does indeed help! But I want to be sure I'm understanding correctly, all the DLC missions for completing missions and reaching mastery levels were changed to World of Assassin game mode? They no longer have any ties to the actual 1st and 2nd game aside from map layouts?

Never cared much about the Hitman story so if that's the case I'm extremely interested now.

Thank you!

uhhh. not quite.

Basically, Hitman 1 (2016), Hitman 2 (2018), and Hitman 3 (2021) were all part of the 'World of Assassination' Trilogy. The other week, what they did was rebrand Hitman 3 into World of Assassination, and included Hitman 1 & 2 in the regular price. If you already owned Hitman 1 & 2 then the revamp/rewording had 0 effect, but it was an incentive for those who had never tried/played/been interested in Hitman 1/2/3.

It's not a game mode.

Hopefully that helps.

On 2023-02-04 at 7:29 AM, Clavietka said:

Just to clarify: If I buy the deluxe edition, I'll have all of Hitman 1 & 2 content and thus be able to 100% this?

Deluxe Edition is unnecessary. Just get the standard World of Assassination and that’ll get you access to every trophy. Deluxe Edition solely adds cosmetics to the Standard Edition, unneeded trophy-wise. 

Sorry. It is actually needed. The Deluxe Pack of World of Assassination does include the Gold Edition Expansion Maps (Haven Island, Bank, Hantu Port & Siberia). Thus it is needed for the trophies. Once again, sorry.

Edited by OmegaRejectz

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

Oh, Hitman: World of Assassination cost $100 include deluxe pack, very expensive.

If I own Hitman 1 and 2 all content, do I need deluxe Pack of World of Assassination??

No - I didn’t buy the WOA pack, and I have everything, due to already owning it in H1 and H2.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

On 27/02/2023 at 9:56 AM, TheVengeance1231 said:

Icic, so I just need the $70 to get the standard World of Assassination, thanks.

No, as others have mentioned before you need to deluxe pack to get access to hitman 2 expansion. The standard world of asassination includes hitman 1, 2 and 3 and price doesn't seem to be reduced even if you already own 1 and 2.

It is no longer possible to get the free hitman 2 expansion pass upgrade in hitman 3 even when owning hitman 2 gold or the expansion pack. Even if you bought hitman 3 before it became world of assasination, you don't get the free upgrade if you didn't install it before. I learned that the hard way. The only way to get it now is to buy the deluxe pack. If you own it and play it in hitman 2 you can autopop most of the throphies in hitman 3 when you do the profile transfer from 2 to 3. There are 4 throphies from the sniper mission that doesn't autopop and have to be earned again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

Oh god, then I have to buy the $100 standard + deluxe pack.

I am willing to paid for the auto-pop. Thanks.

You can autopop 6 out of 10 throphies in the hitman 3 dlc trophy pack 1 without owning the deluxe pack if you earned them in hitman 2. I don't have the deluxe pack but they poped for me normally. I am just stuck with 96% for hitman 3 unless I buy the deluxe pack, which I don't think I will.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 1:42 PM, callavero said:

No, as others have mentioned before you need to deluxe pack to get access to hitman 2 expansion. The standard world of asassination includes hitman 1, 2 and 3 and price doesn't seem to be reduced even if you already own 1 and 2.

It is no longer possible to get the free hitman 2 expansion pass upgrade in hitman 3 even when owning hitman 2 gold or the expansion pack. Even if you bought hitman 3 before it became world of assasination, you don't get the free upgrade if you didn't install it before. I learned that the hard way. The only way to get it now is to buy the deluxe pack. If you own it and play it in hitman 2 you can autopop most of the throphies in hitman 3 when you do the profile transfer from 2 to 3. There are 4 throphies from the sniper mission that doesn't autopop and have to be earned again.

Wait wait wait...so I have Hitman 2 Gold Edition, it's installed, most of it is done. But I bought Hitman 3 on disc awhile back...before this World of Assassination stuff was ever thing. Are you saying I STILL have to buy the Deluxe pack now because H3 hasn't been installed before WOA? Or what? The part I bolded about your post is throwing me off here. 

On 09/03/2023 at 7:44 PM, Viper said:

Wait wait wait...so I have Hitman 2 Gold Edition, it's installed, most of it is done. But I bought Hitman 3 on disc awhile back...before this World of Assassination stuff was ever thing. Are you saying I STILL have to buy the Deluxe pack now because H3 hasn't been installed before WOA? Or what? The part I bolded about your post is throwing me off here. 

Correct. If H3 wasn't installed before WoA update you won't have access to the hitman 2 expansion in hitman 3 without the deluxe pack. I did H2 100% a couple of months ago and decided the take a break before starting H3 even though I had bought it.

Edited by callavero

Hey guys! Hope you doing well. 

So I'm getting really confused with this whole WoA thing.

First, just to let this clear I did not buy H3. However I bought H1 Definitive Edition and H2 Base + Expansions and have been playing them through the H3 game because of the better visuals. So I ended up with the trophy list where H1, H2, H2 Expansion appear and DLCs on the H3 trophy list (check my profile for a clearer explanation). Also, I did this so I didn't have to complete the trophy list of both H1 and H2 Base + Expansions, twice. 
If I were to buy HWoA now, would the trophy list be the same as the one I have now? Which I assume is the one from the previous H3?
Could you like confirm me this?

Thanks to everybody!

Edited by MasterDudu

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.03.2023 at 6:54 PM, MasterDudu said:

If I were to buy HWoA now, would the trophy list be the same as the one I have now? Which I assume is the one from the previous H3?

I wonder this question too!

Also I already own the first and second game with gold packs.

As I understand this WoA includes all 3 games.

So why do I pay a double price of Hitman 3’s price to a whole pack which I already own the first two games!

I just need the 3rd game and not a triple pack!

Maybe I understood the pack content wrongly, idk though. :)

Edited by thesahinonur