PS5 upgrade coming out January 24th

SnowxSakura

After initially planning to release in the summer of 2022, the PS5 version of World War Z is slated to come out this month on the 24th. It will be a free upgrade for people that already own the game on PS4

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/world-war-z-hits-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-s-this-month-with-exclusive-content/

"World War Z: Aftermath will be released for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S on January 24, Saber Interactive has announced.

PS4 and Xbox One players who already own the latest edition of the co-op zombie shooter will be offered a free upgrade to the new-gen version, which runs in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second.

The title will be released alongside a new mode that’s exclusive to PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC."

“Horde Mode XL follows the same rules as the game’s standard Horde Mode, with a devilish twist — scattered among the normal waves of enemies will be a special XL wave bursting with over 1,000 hungry zombies,” Saber said.

World War Z: Aftermath and World War Z players on all platforms barring Nintendo Switch will also receive a free update on January 24 that adds mutators into the standard Horde Mode Z, as well as new weapons and a revamped weapon progression system.

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 4

Great news. The game is awesome and the extra power from superior hardware will make it even better.

PS4 runs it well enough, but at the cost of adjusting the level of graphic detail during gameplay to maintain a decent framerate. The hordes of living dead are gonna look glorious on the PS5 version.

A tweaked trophy list including the dlc content would be the icing on the cake.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AvariceInc said:

...one of the best feelings I've ever gotten from gaming was to finally beat everything on insane...

No doubt, but the game is actually exhilarating from the get go.

A game that puts us mowing down hordes of the undead in downtown New York is an all time gory fantasy made real.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 1

I hope we will get PvP Trophies and most grindest Trophies autopoped cuz its on-line stuff I don't mind playing campaign on insane again but PvP stuff alongside with grind all classes+all upgrades,all weapons including new classes was horrible

2 minutes ago, mati11120 said:

I hope we will get PvP Trophies and most grindest Trophies autopoped cuz its on-line stuff I don't mind playing campaign on insane again but PvP stuff alongside with grind all classes+all upgrades,all weapons including new classes was horrible 

Anyone remember when wave 20 begins in horde then ps4 suddenly froze everytime and you lose all your money and 2hr of session :(

Edited by mati11120

2 hours ago, mati11120 said:

When I emailed them about it last year, they did say our saves could be transferred and trophies would auto-pop.

You don't have to do the pvp classes anymore at least if it doesn't auto-pop. They patched those out of the requirement for buying all class perks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I thought it was weird Aftermath didn't get its own PS4 trophy list. Hopefully Aftermath XL gets a PS5 list, even if it doesn't auto-pop.

Probably because it is still part of the same sku. It is weird there was no dlc trophies, but the previous dlc map didn't get anything either

Looking at the list, I'm sure it's a pipe dream... but I do hope they create a new list and remove / change the PvP based trophies. I can't imagine the PvP modes are all that active at this point in time, being a new player will make those trophies a pain. If not then hopefully the PS5 release will create a strong enough player increase to make them not as painful.

• 2 weeks later...