Backlog by the Month Challenge 2023 (Sign-Ups Open!)

And there is it. I finished and got the platinum in LEGO Marvel Avengers, so my quota for February is hereby completed. Now I have to work on my March quota. xD

Completed Games:

• January: (Safe Month)
  • February: Ape Escape(PS5), LEGO MARVEL's Avengers

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 2

Update 3:

Completed Astro Bot Rescue Mission! Up to 2.5 points now. Also was able to finish up a number of Super Stardust misc trophies. But the last 2 have been frustrating. 

Remaining list, with updated %s (blank = no new progress): 

1. Hitman Contracts
  2. Super Stardust HD, 87% (2 trophies remaining!)
  3. Malicious
  4. Lego Harry Potter 1-4, 11% 
  5. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  6. Here They Lie
  7. The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners
  8. Paper Beast
  9. Moss
  10. Thumper

Edit: Planning to play Paper Beast for my March game. Excited to add some higher %s in April (didn't see the 3 games over 33% initially allowed until it was too late ?)

Edited by KillerUni12
  • Like 4

First update in quite a while! Regrettably, I made the unfortunate life choice of getting back into Fortnite Save The World, which I have been playing 5+ hours a day for the last week or two. It's... a grind. It's an incredible fucking grind. I probably won't have it for another six months at least, which means maybe I'll be able to add it to my list in April, lol. Also finally gave up on doing Grid manually and decided to AFK it - I set it up on PS4 and will have my PS4 running it 24/7 (offline, so as to not interfere with my PS5 gaming) until the trophy pops, at which point I'll take over and play the game normally again.

Besides that, got my PSVR Aim controller a few days ago! Good fucking god, is it huge. (That's what she said.) So I started playing Chromagun VR again, which I'd been holding off on as the only supported controllers are the DS4 and the Aim controller, and the DS4 is suboptimal for most first person VR games. Made a fair bit of progress in it, and I imagine I'll be able to knock it out in another session or two, although I've been dealing with a bit of nausea with it. The new controller all in all works like a dream, though, especially in After the Fall where having actual joysticks is... well, a joy.

Since my current living situation has fast but extremely unstable internet, I need to use a mobile hotspot-ish thing to play games, and my plan for it only covers 100gb... 80gb of which I used on the first day of the current billing cycle because I was occupied filling up my new 2TB SSD and forgot to switch networks after finishing playing an online game. So I haven't been able to play much of... well, anything that requires good internet, namely Evil Dead: The Game and Prodeus. Hopefully I'll be able to finish Prodeus before the end of the month, though, as my internet resets in a week. (For reference, Fortnite: Save the World is barely playable but since for most missions I can get by just building forts and covering them in traps, it is indeed still technically playable.)

Besides that, made some small progress in Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom and Powerslave Exhumed. ... And finally finished Manifold Garden, a surreal puzzle game focusing around impossible spaces - doors that seemingly connect to nothing but contain entire new spaces within them, infinitely repeating instances of the exact same area (including you), which the game requires you to exploit as a means of traversal, and a competent arsenal of gravity flipping puzzles besides that. It has no story per se, just strange, looping visualizers when you complete each main area. All in all, a lovely game, although a bit less engaging overall than Superliminal, which was a much more guided experience and focused more on optical illusions than impossible 3D spaces. (Manifold Garden is, without a doubt, more impressive, though.)

And lastly, since by my count I have two slots free, I am adding the Sims 4 and Star Renegades to my list.

Backlog Games:

Spoiler

IN PROGRESS (11/50)

BoxVR - 58%

Shadow Point - 13%

Evil Dead: The Game - 9%

GRID - 8%

Lucky's Tale - 12%

Along Together - 34%

After The Fall - 41%

Chromagun VR - 26%

Prodeus - 37%

Powerslave Exhumed - 14%

Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - 8%

FINISHED (4)

(January) Moss - 100%

(January) Serious Sam 4 - 100%

(January) Serious Sam Collection - 100%

(February) Manifold Garden - 100%

NOT STARTED (39/50)

Curse of the Dead Gods - 21%

Stray - 4%

Pixel Ripped 1995 - 10%

Megaquarium - 0%

Creed: Rise to Glory - 0%

Cat Quest - 0%

Cat Quest 2 - 0%

Foreclosed - 0%

Forgotton Anne - 8%

Fracked - 1%

Groundhog Day: like father like son - 0%

Hero Land - 0%

Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! - 0%

KeyWe - 0%

Iris.Fall - 0%

Time Carnage - 0%

Neon City Riders - 0%

Mythic Ocean - 0%

Paper Beast - 3%

Paradise Killer - 0%

Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan - 0%

Shady Part of Me - 0%

Silence - 0%

Spiritfarer - 0%

Subnautica - 13%

Table of Tales: The Crooked Crown - 0%

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners - 11%

The Town of Light - 0%

Mundaun - 0%

XING: The Land Beyond - 0%

Felix The reaper - 4%

Falcon Age - 28%

Wanderer - 0%

The Walking Dead Onslaught - 0%

Super Daryl Deluxe - 0%

Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem - 4%

BPM: Bullets Per Minute - 0%

Star Renegades - 0%

The Sims 4 - 4%

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Besides that, got my PSVR Aim controller a few days ago!

I've been looking into getting one of these for Farpoint - did you find a decent price anywhere? I'm not super eager to pay $90 + shipping for this thing, especially if I only use it for 1 game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KillerUni12 said:

I've been looking into getting one of these for Farpoint - did you find a decent price anywhere? I'm not super eager to pay $90 + shipping for this thing, especially if I only use it for 1 game.

Was able to find it for 35$ plus 16$ shipping on ebay. I wouldn't get it just for Farpoint, but there's quite a few PSVR shooters that use it - BL2VR, Sniper Elite, After the Fall, Alvo, and others I'm not remembering.

• Like 2

Update:

Another update as of 2/11/2023

I have realized that I violated the rules and had 51 games on my list, therefore, one of my games does not actually count. So I lost 'The Medium' as my Feb game. Luckily, I finished Dead Space a few days ago and I am glad that I did. It was so much better than the first time I played it. While not scary, it has held up well despite it being a PS3 game, the graphics are surprisingly good.

The 'don't get cocky kid' gave me problems, but I was happy to report that I did manage to complete Impossible mode, get all the kill trophies, and max out my weapons. Which was pretty cool.

Adding Dead Space: Extraction and Dead Space 2 to my list, bringing me back up to a complete 50 game list. Probably not smart, but can't resist.

@StraightVege how was Duke Nukem?

@Boorish sorry about the mixup, your list should be fixed now.

@Darling Baphomet whoot full game-list club! I am glad there is a way to automate some of the grind in Grid, and hopefully it doesn't take to long so your system can get a rest.

• Like 4

On 2/12/2023 at 0:53 PM, BlazzingWind said:

I have realized that I violated the rules and had 51 games on my list, therefore, one of my games does not actually count. So I lost 'The Medium' as my Feb game. Luckily, I finished Dead Space a few days ago and I am glad that I did. It was so much better than the first time I played it. While not scary, it has held up well despite it being a PS3 game, the graphics are surprisingly good.

Oof, removing a completed game from your list seems like a harsh penalty considering how easy it can be to lose track when counting out 50 games. I suppose I'll start using a numbered list to make sure I don't go overboard.

Anyway, finished Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom! A competent platformer and a solid PS+ addition. It's a very fun, unique game which is a good reminder of how much more creative games used to be - nowadays every big game sticks to the same old copypasted game mechanics and plays it safe because it's too risky to blow a triple A budget. This game most certainly does not have that big a budget, as some sections and animations are extremely janky. But it manages to be a fun, colorful collectathon nonetheless and I'm definitely going to try the Cosmic Shake in the future - after giving it some time to get patched up, of course.

The GRID grind continues - I'm at over 12k miles now, so hopefully I'll be done in a week or so. Also, since I have another slot free, I'll be adding Ghost of Tsushima to my list.

Backlog Games:

Spoiler

IN PROGRESS (10/50)

1. BoxVR - 58%
  2. Shadow Point - 13%
  3. Evil Dead: The Game - 9%
  4. GRID - 8%
  5. Lucky's Tale - 12%
  6. Along Together - 34%
  7. After The Fall - 41%
  8. Chromagun VR - 26%
  9. Prodeus - 37%
  10. Powerslave Exhumed - 14%

FINISHED (4)

(January) Moss - 100%

(January) Serious Sam 4 - 100%

(January) Serious Sam Collection - 100%

(February) Manifold Garden - 100%

(February) Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - 100%

NOT STARTED (40/50)

1. Curse of the Dead Gods - 21%
  2. Stray - 4%
  3. Pixel Ripped 1995 - 10%
  4. Megaquarium - 0%
  5. Creed: Rise to Glory - 0%
  6. Cat Quest - 0%
  7. Cat Quest 2 - 0%
  8. Foreclosed - 0%
  9. Forgotton Anne - 8%
  10. Fracked - 1%
  11. Groundhog Day: like father like son - 0%
  12. Hero Land - 0%
  13. Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! - 0%
  14. KeyWe - 0%
  15. Iris.Fall - 0%
  16. Time Carnage - 0%
  17. Neon City Riders - 0%
  18. Mythic Ocean - 0%
  19. Paper Beast - 3%
  20. Paradise Killer - 0%
  21. Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan - 0%
  22. Shady Part of Me - 0%
  23. Silence - 0%
  24. Spiritfarer - 0%
  25. Subnautica - 13%
  26. Table of Tales: The Crooked Crown - 0%
  27. The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners - 11%
  28. The Town of Light - 0%
  29. Mundaun - 0%
  30. XING: The Land Beyond - 0%
  31. Felix The reaper - 4%
  32. Falcon Age - 28%
  33. Wanderer - 0%
  34. The Walking Dead Onslaught - 0%
  35. Super Daryl Deluxe - 0%
  36. Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem - 4%
  37. BPM: Bullets Per Minute - 0%
  38. Star Renegades - 0%
  39. The Sims 4 - 4%
  40. Ghost of Tsushima - 1%

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 1

I made the choice to remove the point as it didnt seem fair.

However, that is not the set rule. If anyone goes over 50, they will just be reminded that the latest additions that took them over 50 won't be added to their official list at this time.

No one will loose points, I promise

• Like 3

Update 4: Completed Lego Harry Potter 1-4! Up to 3 points now (I noticed my list was updated but my points total on the leaderboard was not, NBD but wanted to point it out in case of confusion!). That brings my list down to 9 games with 10 months remaining in the year. I've added Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (PS4) to bump my total up to the required 10.

1. Hitman Contracts, 14% - I decided to do an easy shoot-everyone playthrough to learn the levels, then do SA's/get all weapons, and then play again on professional. 4 levels in so far. 
  2. Super Stardust HD, 93% - I'm so close. All that remains is Late Boomer. I got to 14 bombs once but got too excited and died. Some more practice and a little luck and I'll have this finished up.
  3. Malicious 
  4. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  5. Here They Lie
  6. The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners
  7. Paper Beast
  8. Moss
  9. Thumper
  10. Lego Harry Potter 5-7 (PS4)
  • Like 2

On 2/15/2023 at 2:08 AM, BlazzingWind said:

I made the choice to remove the point as it didnt seem fair.

However, that is not the set rule. If anyone goes over 50, they will just be reminded that the latest additions that took them over 50 won't be added to their official list at this time.

No one will loose points, I promise

Ah, ok, thanks for the clarification! That's big of you to remove one of your own points like that.

• Like 1

Another game down, Full Throttle, frustratingly completed a playthrough and missed a trophy, so started working on Escape Academy to calm down from the frustration, and then went back and polished off a 2nd playthrough to grab the platinum. Fun, short game which took me back to my childhood with games like Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle. Somehow never played Full Throttle back then but pleased to have finally completed it.

Should have Escape Academy done later today, and then need to get through ABC Murders before it leaves PS Plus Extra on Feb 21st.

Completed Games

1)Telling Lines

2)Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

3)Full Throttle

Backlog

1)Hot Wheels Unleashed (15%)

2)Last Stop (7%)

3)Escape Academy (0%)

4)Road 96 (0%)

5)Stray (0%)

6)Deliver Us The Moon (0%)

7)Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (0%)

8)Far Cry 3 (0%)

9)Man Eater (0%)

10)Batman: The Telltale Series (0%)

11)Hot Wheels Unleashed (15%) (removing in April)

12)Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (44%)

13)Minecraft: Story Mode (20%)

14)Maquette (0%)

15)Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders (0%)

16)Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry (0%)

17)MediEvil (0%) 

Had a big sort through my backlog so I'd like to add a few more games. Got plenty to hold back for later in the year however I'll add the following now to give me some more to work on

18)Ride 4 (23%)

19)Mafia (21%)

20)Lawn Mowing Simulator (15%)

21)What Remains of Edith Finch (0%)

22)Truberbrook (0%)

• Like 3

Sorry to sound like a whiny record, but can anyone confirm my new additions to the February quota? (SaGa Frontier Remastered, Shantae and the Seven Sirens) I really want to earn a trophy in SaGa Frontier but it's at 32% and it won't qualify if I earn a trophy and the mods say I can't add it. Just a quick PM, okay? Sorry, I'm just a bit anal at these sorts of things, that's one of my bad points.

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Sorry to sound like a whiny record, but can anyone confirm my new additions to the February quota? (SaGa Frontier Remastered, Shantae and the Seven Sirens) I really want to earn a trophy in SaGa Frontier but it's at 32% and it won't qualify if I earn a trophy and the mods say I can't add it. Just a quick PM, okay? Sorry, I'm just a bit anal at these sorts of things, that's one of my bad points.

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I work nights so I am usually sleeping during the day ? 

Thank you for posting the games, I have added them to the spreadsheet and will update the list on here when I have more time. Again, sorry!

4 hours ago, jones_jr02 said:

Another game down, Full Throttle, frustratingly completed a playthrough and missed a trophy, so started working on Escape Academy to calm down from the frustration, and then went back and polished off a 2nd playthrough to grab the platinum. Fun, short game which took me back to my childhood with games like Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle. Somehow never played Full Throttle back then but pleased to have finally completed it.

Should have Escape Academy done later today, and then need to get through ABC Murders before it leaves PS Plus Extra on Feb 21st.

Completed Games

1)Telling Lines

2)Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

3)Full Throttle

-snip-

Had a big sort through my backlog so I'd like to add a few more games. Got plenty to hold back for later in the year however I'll add the following now to give me some more to work on

18)Ride 4 (23%)

19)Mafia (21%)

20)Lawn Mowing Simulator (15%)

21)What Remains of Edith Finch (0%)

22)Truberbrook (0%)

Congrats on the completed game! I enjoyed Day of the Tentacle so interested in looking into Full Throttle.

14 hours ago, KillerUni12 said:

Update 4: Completed Lego Harry Potter 1-4! Up to 3 points now (I noticed my list was updated but my points total on the leaderboard was not, NBD but wanted to point it out in case of confusion!). That brings my list down to 9 games with 10 months remaining in the year. I've added Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (PS4) to bump my total up to the required 10.

1. Hitman Contracts, 14% - I decided to do an easy shoot-everyone playthrough to learn the levels, then do SA's/get all weapons, and then play again on professional. 4 levels in so far. 
  2. Super Stardust HD, 93% - I'm so close. All that remains is Late Boomer. I got to 14 bombs once but got too excited and died. Some more practice and a little luck and I'll have this finished up.
  3. Malicious 
  4. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  5. Here They Lie
  6. The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners
  7. Paper Beast
  8. Moss
  9. Thumper
  10. Lego Harry Potter 5-7 (PS4)

Thank you for pointing out the mistake! I adjusted the points accordingly and have your list updated on the spreadsheet. I will do an update this Sunday!

Speaking of Super Stardust though, I tried playing it and Late Boomer is incredibly hard. I can't even get more than 4 bombs >>

23 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

adding Pinball Fx to my list (currently at 4%) before i accidentally go over the 33% rule, the game is a new free to play that came out today.

Got this added!

On 2/15/2023 at 10:12 PM, be_minor said:

Finally completed my February addition: Saints Row: The Third. I’ve never played a Saints Row game and found it overall to be a mixture of Grand Theft Auto sandbox/ gameplay and South Park humor (more NSFW than edgy). I had a few crashes playing as a male that resolved themselves after changing my sex. I also had framerate issues and freezes periodically. I have no idea how the original plays, but I wouldn’t recommend playing the PS5 version in its current state. 

Completed Games 

1. Bugsnax (JAN) 
  2. Cult of the Lamb (JAN) 
  3. Pinball Heroes (JAN) 
  4. Saints Row: The Third (FEB) 
  Reveal hidden contents

Backlog 

1. Afterparty 
  2. Biomutant - 1% 
  3. Bunny Raiders 
  4. Chernobylite 
  5. Child of Light 
  6. Control: Ultimate Edition 
  7. Cthulhu Saves Christmas 
  8. Cyberpunk 2077 
  9. Dark Souls Remastered 
  10. Deathloop 
  11. Deliver Us The Moon 
  12. Dishonored 2 - 18% 
  13. Dragon Age: Inquisition 
  14. Dragon Age Origins -  73% (DLC) 
  15. Dysmantle - 35%    
  16. Elden Ring 
  17. Final Fantasy VII - 2% 
  18. God of War Ragnarok 
  19. Gravity Rush Remastered - 4% 
  20. Hades 
  21. Hogwarts Legacy - 5% 
  22. Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! 
  23. Horizon Forbidden West - 95% (DLC) 
  24. I Am Dead 
  25. inFamous - 24% 
  26. Last Stop 
  27. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham 
  28. Life Is Strange 2 
  29. My Big Sister 
  30. Nobody Saves The World 
  31. Omno 
  32. Party Hard 
  33. Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition 
  34. Spiritfarer 
  35. Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated 
  36. The Artful Escape 
  37. The Last of Us Part 1 
  38. The Order: 1886 
  39. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct 
  40. TOEM 

Total Points:

I actually have Saints Row: The Third on PS3 and it is in my backlog. The only thing I have done is get the one online trophy out of the way. Hoping the glitches are a new thing for the 'updated' version and not in the original, but also not counting on it lol.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BlazzingWind said:

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I work nights so I am usually sleeping during the day 1f613.png 

Thank you for posting the games, I have added them to the spreadsheet and will update the list on here when I have more time. Again, sorry!

Okay, I understand. I know how hard it is to stay awake during the day at times. Thanks for the verification! As I said, I tend to be a bit annoying about things, so please forgive me. I will assume that the list gets updated if I announce any additions from here on out. :)

• Like 1

Finished Super Stardust HD! After getting to 14 bombs 3 times yesterday, I finally was able to get over the hump. It's a pretty difficult trophy - but only takes 2 or so (very stressful) minutes to achieve. 

To keep my list at 10, I'll be adding Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom 

• Like 3

On 2/11/2023 at 0:24 AM, Taruta13 said:

Completed Games:

• January: (Safe Month)
  • February: Ape Escape(PS5), LEGO MARVEL's Avengers, Shantae and the Seven Sirens(PS5)

So yeah, I added a game or two to my quota, because I knew I'd finish them this month. First off was the PS5 version of Shantae and the Seven Sirens because it was my 100th platinum. ^_^ Next up will be SaGa Frontier Remastered, on the fourth story now.

• Like 1