Backlog by the Month Challenge 2023 (Sign-Ups Open!)

On 3/24/2023 at 2:59 PM, Boorish said:

The Gardens between was surprisingly a cute short puzzle game. The game had unique mechanics and the solutions to the puzzles aren't always as straightforward as you'd expect. Feels like a polished game with pretty graphics. The story service its purpose and keeps you engaged for the couple hours it takes to beat the game.

The trophy list is just for "gold trophy farming" and doesn't take too much effort other than beating the game. Do look them up beforehand if you plan to play it otherwise you'll be replaying levels annoyingly to get them,

Having just got the plat for Gardens myself as #139(I'll probably download the PS5 version to knock that on the back truck if I need another quick shot to fill up for later), I'd agree with you. The time manip mechanic was pretty decent and the story was very poignant. :)

• Like 2

I also loved The Outer Worlds and I keep meaning to go back to it since I played it before the DLC came out and it looks delightful.

I was happy that Psychonauts 2 was more of the same tbh, I was worried it wouldn’t be able to live up to the first one which is one of my all time favourite games. It would be nice to see them go bigger for a potential third game, but unfortunately that would also most likely be a Microsoft exclusive ? 

• Like 4

Just an update for any of your who use PS Plus Extra, the following games are being removed from the service in April

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Croixleur Sigma
Gabbuchi
Marvel Puzzle Quest Dark Reign
428 Shibuya Scramble
Steins Gate Elite
Zanki Zero Last Beginning
2Dark
The Caligula Effect Overdose
The Wonderful 101 Remastered

https://www.(URL not allowed)/n21448/playstation-plus-leaving 

I'll likely add a few of these to my backlog but i'll wait for my planned April revamp, no point adding them with 3 days to go when I still plan to try and get Maquette this month, while also grinding away for credits on Gran Turismo 7 (which will be added next month as one of my over 33% games)

• Like 4

January

Immortals Fenyx Rising (64%) :platinum: DLC (Not Started) 

Cat Quest (100%) :platinum:

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (100%)  :platinum:

inFamous: First Light (100%) :platinum:

February

Metro Exodus (73%) :platinum:

Final Fantasy XIII (100%) :platinum:

March

Assassin's Creed II (100%) :platinum:

1. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (19%)

2. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (4%)

3. Warhammer: Chaosbane (7%)

4. Vampyr (1%)

5. Monster Hunter World (71%)

6. Saints Row IV (10%)

7. Batman: Arkham City (43%) 

8. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (17%) 

9. LEGO DC Super-Villains (Not Started) 

10. Super Time Force Ultra (28%) 

11. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (4%) 

12. Fallout 3 (4%) 

13. Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince (20%) 

14. Scarlet Nexus (24%) 

15. Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons (Not Started)

16. Ghost of Tsushima (Not Started) 

17. STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order (Not Started) 

18. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Not Started) 

19. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered (4%) 

20. Stray (Not Started 

21. TOEM (Not Started) 

22. Fallout 76 (19%) 

23. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Not Started) 

24. Fallout: New Vegas (7%) 

25. South Park: The Stick of Truth (12%)

Adding another game to the massive list with South Park

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 9:16 AM, StraightVege said:

Wow, nice to see you folks have been obliterating your backlogs in my absence! Well done, everyone. Personally, I had planned to finish at least six games in March to make some kind of grand comeback, but we all know how plans often go awry...

Don't worry too much. Real Life always takes #1 priority to gaming. My closest friend and personal gym trainer has a 4-year old daughter who constantly harasses him so he can't play the games he wants to play(too M-rated :P), so he is always forced to play Monster Hunter Rise. He just barely managed to delete The Witcher 3 because his kid constantly wanted to see Geralt ride his horse. xD

I'm sure you'll catch up.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2023 at 10:37 AM, Hurricane_Tanya said:

I also loved The Outer Worlds and I keep meaning to go back to it since I played it before the DLC came out and it looks delightful.

I was happy that Psychonauts 2 was more of the same tbh, I was worried it wouldn’t be able to live up to the first one which is one of my all time favourite games. It would be nice to see them go bigger for a potential third game, but unfortunately that would also most likely be a Microsoft exclusive 1f61e.png 

The DLCs were pretty good! I was compelled to unravel their many mysteries, even though the major plot twists are fairly obvious (I guessed both correctly). Of the two, I'd say Murder on Eridanos is the better experience. In it, you get hired to investigate the slaying of a famous aetherwave actress, and it really makes you feel like a noir detective. Also, one of the strongest science weapons is found there: the Spectrum Gatling. That thing shreds!

Yeah, it sounds like Psychonauts 2 definitely won't disappoint you, then. If you loved the original, then it's as comfortable as an old shoe.

4 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I've actually had this around as a rental for... probably a month or two now; god I've gotten out of hand with my backlog. Anyway, this review has convinced me to finally add it to this event's backlog - hopefully I can get it started with soon. I was hoping they'd release a PS5 version eventually, but seems like we get no such luck. Ah well. Anyway, good to see you're managing to be productive with your backlog!

Also finished Mythic Ocean, a charming indie game which is something like a 3D visual novel - you travel through a few underwater areas forming relationships with gods and giving them advice, influencing who gets to be the creator of the next world. It features a gorgeous art style and an even better, electronic soundtrack* that really contributes to the whole underwater aesthetic, and despite being rather short was all in all a wonderful little game.

*Here, take a peep of what I mean: https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=4IDZ0APLHZY&feature=share

Glad to hear that—it's very worthwhile for fans of the first, no doubt! And thanks, I'm certainly trying to when I have the energy. Fatigue is the worst.

Mythic Ocean actually sounds great, and I love the soundtrack already. Probably something I would've played myself in the past, but I seem to have severe difficulty maintaining interest in pure story games these days. The chronic gamer urge to swing a sword or shoot a gun, y'know how it is.

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

Don't worry too much. Real Life always takes #1 priority to gaming. My closest friend and personal gym trainer has a 4-year old daughter who constantly harasses him so he can't play the games he wants to play(too M-rated :P), so he is always forced to play Monster Hunter Rise. He just barely managed to delete The Witcher 3 because his kid constantly wanted to see Geralt ride his horse. xD

I'm sure you'll catch up.

True, and I appreciate the encouragement! ? I've been too occupied playing Hitman: Freelancer the last couple of nights to make any progress on my list, but now that I've finished a run, I should be able to get started once again. Hopefully April will be more productive.

• Like 3

Well, I got a very busy month (for what I'm used to complete) completing 3 games. 

Lego fatigue started showing up before I expected with only two Lego games played, probably because both games felt tedious and slow paced. I like to do stuff on Lego games, but Lego Batman didn't let me skip dialogues until I listened at least once, I know that Kevin Smith and Conan O'Brien probably did some writing in the game, but come on, introduction to a few characters were too long and really drag me down. I'm expecting the DLC to be straightforward, according to guides, it should take like 5 hours to complete every piece of it, but I hope to be well rested the time I got into it (June probably). And fucking hell with Nindroids, the game is weird, some levels are short (like 30 seconds) and others are way too long, then you can only use 3 Red Bricks limiting the studs you can earn, the amount of stuff that you can do in each level and duplicate, triplicate or more-ate the amount of times you have to replay a level because it asked you to beat it with 3 classes of characters. Oh, the prices, 60 millions studs for a Golden Main Character, first time ever playing a Lego game that I have to farm (replaying the same level like 10 times) to unlock a fucking character. 

I hope the last Lego Game on Vita I want to play isn't the same as this one, just give me relatively standard levels and replayability of maximum 3 times

And finally Uncharted 3, I'm glad of myself 10 years ago, when they release the online as a F2P launcher, that allowed to reach level 20 if I recall correctly, it gave me the only trophy I had on that list, the one that is unobtainable now, then like the maniac that I am. I bought the Goty edition of the game, that let you obtain the CoOp online trophy. It took 10 years, but I finally pop it. Still like Uncharted 2 over any other game in the franchise.

Points Breakdown 

(January) Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition [+1.0]

(February) WWE 2K Battlegrounds [+1.0]

(March) LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham [+1.0]

(March) Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

(March) LEGO Ninjago Nindroids 

Backlog list:

Crash Bandicoot DLC

Detroit: Become Human

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham DLC*

LEGO City Undercover

LEGO Dimensions

LEGO Lord of the Rings

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Multiversus 

Pac-Man World RePac

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition DLC*

South Park: Stick of Truth

Yakuza 3

Added:

WWE 2k22

And finally, for April I'm debating what 2 games over 33% to add. Probably Stray and Heavy Rain/Beyond/God of War, Stray will be my next platinum because it will be number 50, but the other games, should have to wait between the race against time of Multiversus (that's going down on June) and WWE 2k22 which servers will be dead by the end of the year.

Busy April I guess

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ChecoMayor said:

Lego fatigue started showing up before I expected with only two Lego games played, probably because both games felt tedious and slow paced. I like to do stuff on Lego games, but Lego Batman didn't let me skip dialogues until I listened at least once

That nonskippable stuff is a staple in any LEGO game on the PS4 and a few on the PS Vita, you just live with it. My advice? Swap Ninjago Nindroids with Shadow of Ronin, it's a much more fun Ninjago game. I platted that and even though it had unskippable cutscenes, they were all funny. Also, do the Beyond Gotham DLC NOW. It's all very short and easy to clear and fun to play. ;)

I'd also do LEGO City Undercover, I really enjoyed that game despite its gargatuan open world. Once you get all of Chase's disguises, you can pretty much go anywhere. ^_^

• Like 1

January

Immortals Fenyx Rising (64%) :platinum: DLC (Not Started) 

Cat Quest (100%) :platinum:

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (100%)  :platinum:

inFamous: First Light (100%) :platinum:

February

Metro Exodus (73%) :platinum:

Final Fantasy XIII (100%) :platinum:

March

Assassin's Creed II (100%) :platinum:

1. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (19%)

2. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (4%)

3. Warhammer: Chaosbane (7%)

4. Vampyr (1%)

5. Monster Hunter World (71%)

6. Saints Row IV (10%)

7. Batman: Arkham City (43%) 

8. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (17%) 

9. LEGO DC Super-Villains (Not Started) 

10. Super Time Force Ultra (28%) 

11. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (4%) 

12. Fallout 3 (4%) 

13. Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince (20%) 

14. Scarlet Nexus (24%) 

15. Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons (Not Started)

16. Ghost of Tsushima (Not Started) 

17. STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order (Not Started) 

18. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Not Started) 

19. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered (4%) 

20. Stray (Not Started 

21. TOEM (Not Started) 

22. Fallout 76 (19%) 

23. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Not Started) 

24. Fallout: New Vegas (7%) 

Got a cheeky one in before the end of the month with South Park: Stick of Truth and it was funny and fairly decent but the amount of missables and need for a guide did ruin the experience a bit. 

Also question about the 3 over 33% that can be added in April. Is that 3 more, bringing up the total on the backlog that is over 33% to 3 or if that 3 have been used at the start of the year then it's already used? 

Edited by Hitman_Spinksy1
  • Like 4

On 1-3-2023 at 3:45 PM, Priorum2 said:

I'm down, my list will be:

1. Minecraft.

2. Minecraft: story mode.

3. Minecraft: Dungeons.

4. Minecraft: Legends.

5. GTA 3.

6. GTA: San Andreas.

7. GTA: Vice CIty.

8. GTA IV.

9. GTA V.

10. A Way Out.

11. Marvel's Spider-Man (GOTY).

12. Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

13. Stray.

14. Days Gone.

15. Mafia 1: Definitive Edition.

16. Mafia 2: Definitive Edition.

17: Mafia 3: Definitive Edtion.

18. Far Cry 2.

19. Far Cry 3.

20. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon/

21. Far Cry 4.

22. Far Cry primal.

23. Far Cry 5.

24. Far Cry New Dawn.

25.  Far Cry 6.

26. Knack.

27. Knack 2.

28. Toem.

29. Detroit Become Human.

30. Superhot.

In March, I completed:

1. Toem.

2. Spider-Man Miles Morales.

April will be a way better month with completing games. I will probably complete 5 - 10 games.

• Like 2

I have a quick question about the timeframe for duplicate games. I just finished the PS5 version of lawn mowing simulator, but it’s not on my list (didn’t make the cut of games over 33%), so I don’t get points. I’m going to play the PS4 version. I just started it up and did one contract to check that nothing autopops. Can I add it to my list and get a point for that if I play it sometime in the next couple months, or is it disqualified for a while even though I didn’t get a point for the first one?

Been waiting for the turn of the month for a bit now, lol. Haven't finished anything else yet, but I'm working on it. I'm removing Powerslave Exhumed, Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem, and Dungeon Defenders: Awakened from my list. In their place I'll be adding Fortnite (PS5), Pyre, Mass Effect Andromeda, and Q.U.B.E. 2.

Backlog Games:

Spoiler

IN PROGRESS

1. Shadow Point - 13%
  2. Lucky's Tale - 12%
  3. Along Together - 34%
  4. After The Fall - 45%
  5. Chromagun VR - 35%
  6. The Sims 4 - 17%
  7. Fracked - 27%
  8. Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan - 46%
  9. Far Cry 6 - 5%
  10. Grid Legends - 22%
  11. World War Z: Aftermath - 17%

FINISHED

(January) Moss - 100%

(January) Serious Sam 4 - 100%

(January) Serious Sam Collection - 100%

(February) Manifold Garden - 100%

(February) Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - 100%

(February) Stray - 100%

(February) BoxVR - 100%

(February) Cat Quest - 100%

(March) Cat Quest 2 - 100%

(March) GRID - 71%

(March) Prodeus - 100%

(March) Mundaun - 100%

(March) Creed: Rise to Glory - 100%

(March) Evil Dead: The Game - 100%

(March) Mythic Ocean - 100%

January: Moss + Serious Sam 4 + Serious Sam Collection = 2

February: Manifold Garden + Spongebob Squarepants + Stray + BoxVR + Cat Quest = 3

March: Cat Quest 2 + GRID + Prodeus + Mundaun + Creed: Rise to Glory + Evil Dead: The Game + Mythic Ocean = 4

NOT STARTED

1. Curse of the Dead Gods - 21%
  2. Pixel Ripped 1995 - 10%
  3. Megaquarium - 0%
  4. Foreclosed - 0%
  5. Forgotton Anne - 8%
  6. Groundhog Day: like father like son - 0%
  7. Hero Land - 0%
  8. Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! - 0%
  9. KeyWe - 0%
  10. Iris.Fall - 0%
  11. Time Carnage - 0%
  12. Neon City Riders - 0%
  13. Paper Beast - 3%
  14. Paradise Killer - 0%
  15. Shady Part of Me - 0%
  16. Silence - 0%
  17. Spiritfarer - 0%
  18. Subnautica - 13%
  19. Table of Tales: The Crooked Crown - 0%
  20. The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners - 11%
  21. The Town of Light - 0%
  22. XING: The Land Beyond - 0%
  23. Felix The Reaper - 4%
  24. Falcon Age - 28%
  25. Wanderer - 0%
  26. The Walking Dead Onslaught - 0%
  27. Super Daryl Deluxe - 0%
  28. BPM: Bullets Per Minute - 0%
  29. Star Renegades - 0%
  30. Ghost of Tsushima - 1%
  31. Sniper Elite VR - 1%
  32. Return of the Obra Dinn - 0%
  33. OhShape - 0%
  34. Resident Evil 2 - 0%
  35. Psychonauts 2 - 0%
  36. Fortnite - 57%
  37. Pyre - 57%
  38. Mass Effect Andromeda - 78%
  39. Q.U.B.E. 2 - 54%

• Like 4

It’s April and I have decided to remove Knack and Fallout 76, I’ve added Tchia a couple weeks ago in March, and I’d like to also add Powerwash Simulator, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider Definitive Edition which is definitely above 33%, but the last trophies I have are for grinding up to level 60 in multiplayer and unlocking everything in multiplayer so it might take a while still.

Last month was a bit of a slow month for me, hopefully I’ll get a few more games done this month. I think I have 23 games left to go on my list so I better get a move on.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

It’s April and I have decided to remove Knack and Fallout 76

“You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.” - Colette xD

You did the right thing. I've played Knack before and did not enjoy having to play the story 238 times just to get all of the crystals because you can't respawn chests. Also, I heard horror stories about Fallout 76 so you probably were better off not playing that. :P

• Like 1