Backlog by the Month Challenge 2023 (Sign-Ups Open!)

January

Immortals Fenyx Rising 64% :platinum: DLC (Not Started) 

Cat Quest (100%) :platinum:

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (100%)  :platinum:

inFamous: First Light (100%) :platinum:

February

Metro Exodus (73%) :platinum:

Final Fantasy XIII (100%) :platinum:

March

Assassin's Creed II (100%) :platinum:

1. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (19%)

2. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (4%)

3. Warhammer: Chaosbane (7%)

4. Assassin's Creed Origins (19%)

5. Vampyr (1%)

7. Monster Hunter World (71%)

8. Saints Row IV (10%)

9. Batman: Arkham City (43%) 

10. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (17%) 

11. LEGO DC Super-Villains (Not Started) 

12. Super Time Force Ultra (28%) 

13. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (4%) 

14. Fallout 3 (4%) 

15. Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince (20%) 

16. Scarlet Nexus (24%) 

17. A Plague Tale: Innocence (12%)

18. Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons (Not Started)

19. Ghost of Tsushima (Not Started) 

20. STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order (Not Started) 

21. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Not Started) 

22. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered (4%) 

23. Stray (Not Started 

24. TOEM (Not Started) 

25. Fallout 76 (19%) 

26. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Not Started) 

27. Fallout: New Vegas (7%) 

Finished Lost Words and it was actually a really amazing game for how short it was and would recommend it for anyone. With that I've decided to expand my list a bit because I'm struggling a little bit with what to play so hopefully with a wider goal I can find something on my list instead of straying as often 

• Like 2

Finished the Fantasy Island DLC for Island Saver by Natwest for my March game. A decent free game to pass some hours (the DLC will set you back four pounds - but there's plenty in it for the price).

I should add Goat Simulator 3 to the complete list by the end of the month but it's taking its time as the collectibles and side missions are really tedious and the amount of them is unnecessary.

• Like 3

January

Immortals Fenyx Rising (64%) :platinum: DLC (Not Started) 

Cat Quest (100%) :platinum:

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (100%)  :platinum:

inFamous: First Light (100%) :platinum:

February

Metro Exodus (73%) :platinum:

Final Fantasy XIII (100%) :platinum:

March

Assassin's Creed II (100%) :platinum:

1. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (19%)

2. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (4%)

3. Warhammer: Chaosbane (7%)

4. Assassin's Creed Origins (19%)

5. Vampyr (1%)

6. Monster Hunter World (71%)

7. Saints Row IV (10%)

8. Batman: Arkham City (43%) 

9. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (17%) 

10. LEGO DC Super-Villains (Not Started) 

11. Super Time Force Ultra (28%) 

12. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (4%) 

13. Fallout 3 (4%) 

14. Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince (20%) 

15. Scarlet Nexus (24%) 

16. Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons (Not Started)

17. Ghost of Tsushima (Not Started) 

18. STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order (Not Started) 

19. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Not Started) 

20. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered (4%) 

21. Stray (Not Started 

22. TOEM (Not Started) 

23. Fallout 76 (19%) 

24. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Not Started) 

25. Fallout: New Vegas (7%) 

Another down for March with A Plague Tale. It wasn't my kind of game to be honest but if you like stealth/puzzle kinds of games then it could be decent 

• Like 4

Update - 14 March:

Completed:

Theatrhythm Final Bar Line – I really enjoyed this game – this is my favorite series in gaming and to have a celebration of the music (and with many other great SE titles) finally on home consoles is such a dream. I imagine I will continue to play this for years to come.

Adding to backlog:

Bastion 

Dragon's Crown – I decided I should probably play through all of Vanillaware's games in order, so I'll tackle this before I do the ones already on my list

• Like 4

Small update:

Slowly working through DioField Chronicle and Gungrave GORE, I was hoping to be further along but I'm a bit behind. Been busy moving to a new place and College stuff so I've been too tired to dedicate a bunch of time to gaming. So far I am really liking DioField, to me its kinda a hidden gem that many people passed over. Gungrave GORE has been getting a lot of QL updates so i've been pushing that back, one day I hope they allow me to turn off the controller speaker x_x

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BlazzingWind said:

Remember April is the first month you can remove games, so if you have been wanting to shake up your list now is the time to be thinking about it.

I've been meaning to ask just for clarification - are you allowed to add games above the usual 33% threshold only once during April / August, like how you're only allowed to remove games once, or can you do so multiple times throughout the month?

Anyway, great work as usual keeping the event running - I can't imagine it's particularly easy sorting through all of us like this.

• Like 1

Just now, Darling Baphomet said:

I've been meaning to ask just for clarification - are you allowed to add games above the usual 33% threshold only once during April / August, like how you're only allowed to remove games once, or can you do so multiple times throughout the month?

Anyway, great work as usual keeping the event running - I can't imagine it's particularly easy sorting through all of us like this.

Yes, in April and August you can add games above the 33% threshold up to the limit of 50.

I have been debating for the past two months and I am okay with April and August being the wacky months. So you are able to add games above 33% in April and August at any time. But the removal rule still applies. You can only do one removal post in that month.

I think that makes it fair.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

My gaming/forum time has been lacking due to interviewing for a FT job, and a general surge of apathy toward taking time to play vs. applying to jobs.  But I just accepted a position. So hopefully an actual schedule can be done.

Congrats on landing a position!! Interviewing can be exhausting.

On another note, if you need any help with updating spreadsheets/tracking people’s lists, I’d be happy to pitch in! Otherwise, appreciate all the work you put into this :) 

• Like 1

Finished another game for March with Spyro the Dragon. I thought this was going to be an easy and short platinum based on the trophy guide, but I forgot how comically bad I am at platformers. I had so many deaths come by simply walking off a platform instead of jumping to the point where I had to use the 99 lives cheat twice. At least I started getting better near the end of the game.

Might spend the rest of the month focusing on the Witcher 3 in hopes of getting that platinum before the summer, but we shall see. Looking back at my list now, I am starting to realize just how many grindy games I put on there.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, grumpaluffagus_1 said:

Finished another game for March with Spyro the Dragon. I thought this was going to be an easy and short platinum based on the trophy guide, but I forgot how comically bad I am at platformers. I had so many deaths come by simply walking off a platform instead of jumping to the point where I had to use the 99 lives cheat twice. At least I started getting better near the end of the game.

Don't be ashamed of it, I did the same thing. Tree Tops is pure EVIL. xD

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Edit: Almost forgot: adding Grid Legends since I decided to splurge on the 1$ month of EA Play and I've been meaning to pick it up for a long while now. So I'm going to try to platinum that in a month.

Mundaun has been on my wish list for a while and hearing that there’s only one jump scare has moved it up my list.

Also, thank you for mentioning the EA play discount, I’ll go ahead and get that. There are a few games I’m interested in playing, but not interested enough to pay for (Fe, Lost in Random, Star Wars Battlefront), I’ll probably pick 1 or 2 to add to my list

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

Mundaun has been on my wish list for a while and hearing that there’s only one jump scare has moved it up my list.

Also, thank you for mentioning the EA play discount, I’ll go ahead and get that. There are a few games I’m interested in playing, but not interested enough to pay for (Fe, Lost in Random, Star Wars Battlefront), I’ll probably pick 1 or 2 to add to my list

I can definitely recommend it. Despite not liking jumpscares much at all I'm a big fan of psychological horror. Although Mundaun is more weird than it is really scary all in all. Definitely worth playing especially if you can get it on sale, IMO.

And yeah, I bought two or three months of the 1$ deal back in the day as well and between that and my poor spending habits I've cleared out almost all of the games I want from EA Play, save for Unraveled and Grid Legends. Definitely worth it whenever it drops that low, just remember to cancel.

I can personally recommend Lost In Random - very unique game with a great art style, I platinumed it last year and enjoyed it.

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 3

January Completion

Demon's Souls (PS5)  :platinum: January 29th, 2023

February Completions

Catherine: Full Body :platinum: February 3, 2023

Prototype :platinum: February 22, 2023

March Completions

Deadbolt :platinum: March 5, 2023

PowerWash Simulator :platinum: March 22, 2023

Another game done today in PowerWash Simulator, a really relaxing game that's great to play while listening to a podcast. It's been a nice way to relax and not have to think much while I was working on 2 much harder games in Deadbolt and Jump King. The campaign was just the right length and ended as I was starting to get tired of the game and the challenges aren't too bad as you only need 5 of them and get to choose which you think you'll be best at.

I'm also going to add Tchia and Ape Academy 2 to my list of games.

Edited by seannyboy913
  • Like 4

I finished Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order yesterday! I was really excited about this game and leave it a little disappointed. I didn't love the combat system, it felt kind of clunky and unimaginative (though force-pushing Stormtroopers off ledges never gets old :D) and the maps were hard to navigate - making collectible hunting a bit of a pain. Lastly, I absolutely hated the sliding sections. The camera angles felt wrong, jumps always fell short, and I was constantly slipping off the edge as there was no real way to slow yourself down.  

Overall, glad I played it, and a step in the right direction for the Star Wars universe - I just thought it could have been better. 

Adding SOMA and Sound Shapes (PS3) to my list to get back to 10 games. 

• Like 3

Finished up Creed on Monday with a 3 hour session that near broke me. Had to rest for like 5 hours before I could finish up the last few trophies (which took like 10-15 minutes) because I was physically incapable by the end of the first session. Fun enough game - VR boxing is a lot of fun and the graphics are pretty impressive for the PSVR1, though there's a lot of little annoyances like the stamina system making you unable to move your arms in game after a few hits and enemy fighters being unbalanced.

Also started Grid Legends and finished the story, starting out the career grind. Got a fair bit further in Rainbow Billy too.

Backlog Games:

Spoiler

IN PROGRESS

1. Shadow Point - 13%
  2. Evil Dead: The Game - 73%
  3. Lucky's Tale - 12%
  4. Along Together - 34%
  5. After The Fall - 45%
  6. Chromagun VR - 35%
  7. Powerslave Exhumed - 14%
  8. The Sims 4 - 17%
  9. Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem - 16%
  10. Fracked - 27%
  11. Mythic Ocean - 54%
  12. Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan - 46%
  13. Dungeon Defenders Awakened - 4%
  14. Far Cry 6 - 5%
  15. Grid Legends - 13%

FINISHED

(January) Moss - 100%

(January) Serious Sam 4 - 100%

(January) Serious Sam Collection - 100%

(February) Manifold Garden - 100%

(February) Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - 100%

(February) Stray - 100%

(February) BoxVR - 100%

(February) Cat Quest - 100%

(March) Cat Quest 2 - 100%

(March) GRID - 71%

(March) Prodeus - 100%

(March) Mundaun - 100%

(March) Creed: Rise to Glory - 100%

NOT STARTED

1. Curse of the Dead Gods - 21%
  2. Pixel Ripped 1995 - 10%
  3. Megaquarium - 0%
  4. Foreclosed - 0%
  5. Forgotton Anne - 8%
  6. Groundhog Day: like father like son - 0%
  7. Hero Land - 0%
  8. Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! - 0%
  9. KeyWe - 0%
  10. Iris.Fall - 0%
  11. Time Carnage - 0%
  12. Neon City Riders - 0%
  13. Paper Beast - 3%
  14. Paradise Killer - 0%
  15. Shady Part of Me - 0%
  16. Silence - 0%
  17. Spiritfarer - 0%
  18. Subnautica - 13%
  19. Table of Tales: The Crooked Crown - 0%
  20. The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners - 11%
  21. The Town of Light - 0%
  22. XING: The Land Beyond - 0%
  23. Felix The Reaper - 4%
  24. Falcon Age - 28%
  25. Wanderer - 0%
  26. The Walking Dead Onslaught - 0%
  27. Super Daryl Deluxe - 0%
  28. BPM: Bullets Per Minute - 0%
  29. Star Renegades - 0%
  30. Ghost of Tsushima - 1%
  31. Sniper Elite VR - 1%
  32. Return of the Obra Dinn - 0%
  33. World War Z: Aftermath - 10%
  34. OhShape - 0%

• Like 4

I have a lot of games that I started earlier this month that I never finished so I want to try to finish them.

My backlog games to complete:

Kayak VR: Mirage (51%)
Monopoly Madness (42%)
Goat Simulator (38%)
Ape Academy 2 (31%)
Tchia (0%)
Minecraft dungeons (27%)

Edited by Wes-709
  • Like 4