PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

If you have an issue related to receiving the free upgrade for a previously purchased game, please contact PlayStation customer support.

6 hours ago, andshrew said:

Have you only just bought it? I had this problem a short while ago when buying a PS1 game on a PS3. The transaction completed but I couldn't download the game on PS3, and wasn't eligible for the free upgrade on PS5. In the end support had to refund the PS3 purchase (which wasn't a problem as I wasn't able to even download the game, it just took some time for them to do this).

Yep I did yesterday. Problem is, first I bought both TM 1 and 2 but my PS3 froze at checkout and same outcome. Money gone, no games. I thought it was due to the system freezing so I asked for a refund which I got.
But then I tried again on the Vita with just TM 1. It went through just fine and the “buy now” button changed to “download” but when I hit that the vita loads then nothing, no game. It’s not in my download list on any system but there’s a record of the purchase in my transaction history.

So yeah I already did the refund thing, I’d rather not do it again so soon, would prefer to have the game instead. Troubleshooting through support doesn’t help that’s why I thought maybe jefXfree knows the right team to contact. The problem seems to be on Sony’s end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Yep I did yesterday. Problem is, first I bought both TM 1 and 2 but my PS3 froze at checkout and same outcome. Money gone, no games. I thought it was due to the system freezing so I asked for a refund which I got.
But then I tried again on the Vita with just TM 1. It went through just fine and the “buy now” button changed to “download” but when I hit that the vita loads then nothing, no game. It’s not in my download list on any system but there’s a record of the purchase in my transaction history.

So yeah I already did the refund thing, I’d rather not do it again so soon, would prefer to have the game instead. Troubleshooting through support doesn’t help that’s why I thought maybe jefXfree knows the right team to contact. The problem seems to be on Sony’s end.

Just out of curiosity, for my own knowledge and maybe to help with what's going on, why buy from PS3/Vita and not directly on the PS4/PS5?

13 minutes ago, jefXfree said:

Just out of curiosity, for my own knowledge and maybe to help with what's going on, why buy from PS3/Vita and not directly on the PS4/PS5?

"Forward compatibility" in a sense: Sony said, they will honor any purchases of PS1 Classics and PSP (on Vita/PS3), when that same game get's released on PS4/PS5, so if you have the PS1 Classic or PSP game from that generation in your account, you get it for free on PS4/PS5.

It doesn't work the other way around, unless the title in question is marked as "cross-buy" with Vita/PS3, which isn't the case with PS1 Classics. That's why they purchase the game on the old Store. If you buy it on the PS4/PS5 Store, you don't get access to the game on Vita and PS3 (given it ever was published digitally in your region).

Edited by StarWolf3000
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, MarcioAP1 said:

What was the game you bought that also had this problem?

Syphon Filter.

2 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Same, my PS3 crashed during the checkout process. After refunding I bought again (via PS3) and it worked. Don't leave it too long to query this second failed purchase as I think you only have 14 days to request the refund.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

I’m sorry if this has been reported but whenever I launch up Twisted Metal PS5v I can’t use any controls. It launches up the main menu and no matter what button I press nothing seems to work. I’ve uninstalled and re-installed but no dice. Anyone else having this issue? 

Have you tried to click with the right half of the touchpad? TM is a PS1 game, and 

Start button is right half of touchpad and Select on left half.

26 minutes ago, StarWolf3000 said:

Have you tried to click with the right half of the touchpad? TM is a PS1 game, and 

Start button is right half of touchpad and Select on left half.

I relaunched it and start/select/rewind and they all worked. I then launched up Twisted Metal 2 and at the main menu the cursor kept scrolling left on the options menu. I used a different newer controller and everything worked fine, as well as the first game. I think the issue is if your controller has any stick drift you won’t be able to control anything because the game freaks out. 

Edited by ArabianSwordsman

On 7/19/2023 at 4:27 PM, andshrew said:

Same, my PS3 crashed during the checkout process. After refunding I bought again (via PS3) and it worked. Don't leave it too long to query this second failed purchase as I think you only have 14 days to request the refund.

How long did you wait before buying the game again on PS3? Did you do "Restore Licenses" on PS4 at any point around the time? 

6 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

How long did you wait before buying the game again on PS3? Did you do "Restore Licenses" on PS4 at any point around the time? 

I did try the restore licenses option as support suggested that to begin with, but it didn't work and they ended up just refunding. I can't remember exactly how long I waited until I tried to buy it again but I don't think it was long.

@jefXfree

Is there a reason the most recent releases default the video aspect ratio option to 4:3 for 16:10? I noticed both Twisted Metal games do this, and Wild Arms has now been patched again and that too now defaults to this. Seems a bit odd given every resolution the PS4/PS5 output is a 16:9 aspect ratio.

Edited by andshrew

6 hours ago, andshrew said:

@jefXfree

Is there a reason the most recent releases default the video aspect ratio option to 4:3 for 16:10? I noticed both Twisted Metal games do this, and Wild Arms has now been patched again and that too now defaults to this. Seems a bit odd given every resolution the PS4/PS5 output is a 16:9 aspect ratio.

I'll look into it.

• Like 1

Someone told me to post an issue I shared about the PSClassic on PS4/5 Wild Arms, after the latest update.

My saves weren't recognized from the ingame memory card when I booted the game up after the latest update (I started playing like a month ago, so it's only the latest update that happened between when I stopped playing last and now) and I didn't know what to do. I did manage to find a solution though, seemingly the update had put my game into NTSC mode (in the emulation menu there is an option to switch regions), it didn't say it was NTSC but I decided to try to switch to PAL, and it worked (from Europe so I would assume when I downloaded the game it was automatically in PAL mode from the EU store). Dunno if this is relevant to this thread or anything, but wanted to add all the info I thought relevant, maybe other games have similar issues with saved data and region options.

• Like 1

On 2023-07-18 at 7:49 PM, Shintetsuken said:

Not sure if it’s related, but a ton of of the Premium games are showing up as “Last Chance to Play” on the store, including Twisted Metal 1/2 and Gravity Crash Portable. Is this a mistake?

On 2023-07-19 at 9:02 AM, jefXfree said:

Passed along.

This is now resolved, the proper games are thankfully showing now. Thanks!

4 hours ago, thelapsukainen said:

Looks like Key of Heaven/Kingdom of Paradise trophy patch will be releasing soon!

https://www.exophase.com/game/kingdom-of-paradise-psn-2/trophies/ [PS4]

https://www.exophase.com/game/kingdom-of-paradise-psn/trophies/ [PS5]

This means echochrome is now the only first party classic without trophy support.

Aw fuck, I really wanted an Echochrome platinum. The PS3 version doesn't have a platinum and the PSP classic doesn't even have trophies. Hopefully a patch happens soon?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

Aw fuck, I really wanted an Echochrome platinum. The PS3 version doesn't have a platinum and the PSP classic doesn't even have trophies. Hopefully a patch happens soon?

It is bound to be the next one surely, since all the other first-party classics now have trophies. Echochrome platinum will soon be yours! ?

• Like 1

@jefXfree Hi, sorry if I post again but I see you always notify when you pass along reports and you didn't with my post about RRT4 and Gravity Crash, so I was wondering if it was missed. If instead you did see it and you're working on it (or if it's not possible to fix) then sorry for the double post ? don't want to annoy, it's just to be sure that it wasn't missed

On 18/7/2023 at 7:50 PM, knackered968 said:

@jefXfreefirst of all thank you for everything you're doing ?

I have just a couple things to report

Ridge Racer Type 4: the dpad is turned "off", it is probably caused by the original game using the physical switch between digital and analog on the controller. Usually it wouldn't be a big deal but Ridge Racer is very arcade-y and many people prefer the digital controls feel

I was wondering if there was a way to convert the physical analog button of the Dualshock into a virtual toggle that we can activate through the Options menu. Alternatively, if that isn't possible, I wonder if the analog steering could be remapped on the dpad

The other thing is yet another remapping request ? Gravity Crash Portable would greatly benefit from a buttons-to-right analog remap similar to the one you've implemented for Super Stardust Portable.

It would be great if you could please look into this ?