Guide Writer's Headquarters

Oh hey! Thank you, Dragon. This will come in very useful. I'll bookmark this right now. :)

I'm still pretty terrified at the idea of making a guide, but this at least makes it a little less intimidating. xD

As long as the game doesn't have hundreds of random events or text in a language you don't understand, you should be fine.

Yea, those two as well. But I think I read something about GalGun as well. Maybe not Garcia, but he strikes me as the most probable one =D

Gal*Gun wasn't Garcia, that was Blue Flare. He said he was doing a guide on it but he didn't like the game too much, so he wasn't sure he would continue it. May not be spot on what he said, but it was something like that. :)

EDIT: Found his post.

Well a little status update on my guides, I don't think I'm gonna be doing the GalGun trophy guide anytime soon or at all because it's just so boring. I like PQube's efforts of releasing it uncensored and physically so I really like the publisher but I don't like Gal Gun as a game. I kept taking breaks, checking on my Vita battery and whatnot because it bored me so much after just one playthrough so I don't think I even want to make the trophy guide.

Edited by TheLastSurvivorD

I'm not sure if I remember this correctly, but I believe Garcia (once again xD) said something about wanting to do it.

Maybe contact him first just to be sure :)

Gal*Gun wasn't Garcia, that was Blue Flare. He said he was doing a guide on it but he didn't like the game too much, so he wasn't sure he would continue it. May not be spot on what he said, but it was something like that. :)

Well from that post Blue Flare made, it sounds like he's not interested in creating a guide for it anymore. Maybe I should message him just in case? Or is it safe to assume he's moved on?

Don't be terrified, it's fun =D

Especially for a game that has 0 info around the interwebzzz :awesome:

Oh God, I should of started with something easier. :|

Maybe I should create a guide for one of the Telltale games instead? Can never have too many of them. :awesome:

As long as the game doesn't have hundreds of random events or text in a language you don't understand, you should be fine.

I think you overestimate my abilities somewhat. I don't even know how to begin. :P I'm not sure how others do it, but I guess I should just do a regular playthough and take notes or something before getting fully into it. I mean I know next to nothing about the game after all. xD

I think you overestimate my abilities somewhat. I don't even know how to begin. :P I'm not sure how others do it, but I guess I should just do a regular playthough and take notes or something before getting fully into it. I mean I know next to nothing about the game after all. xD

Akira made some guides. I think that shows just how easy they are :awesome:

Damn, shots fired! xD Poor Akira... First he gets banned, and now this. Ouch. :P

He loves it :P

But for tips on writing a guide, make notes of what you did when each trophy popped. Guides are easiest to write at the same time that you play the game. Your memory is freshest and you'll also be able to track the order that they unlock. If you have the option, you might want to play through the game again on a second account to confirm the method to unlock a trophy. I did that quite a bit with my Hatoful Boyfriend guide to find the optimal save points. And if it's too much then you can always ask for help. If you have problems with grammar that you don't know how to fix then there's always people willing to join on as a contributor to help with that too. I've done that myself for a few guides.

• Like 2

But for tips on writing a guide, make notes of what you did when each trophy popped. Guides are easiest to write at the same time that you play the game. Your memory is freshest and you'll also be able to track the order that they unlock. If you have the option, you might want to play through the game again on a second account to confirm the method to unlock a trophy. I did that quite a bit with my Hatoful Boyfriend guide to find the optimal save points. And if it's too much then you can always ask for help. If you have problems with grammar that you don't know how to fix then there's always people willing to join on as a contributor to help with that too. I've done that myself for a few guides.

I appreciate the tips. :) I'll make sure I write down exactly what I did to make the trophy pop then. That will be even more important considering there's no real information out there for a lot of them. I was thinking about the alt account thing you mentioned, but since I have the Vita version of the game, I don't think that's going to be possible. That might be a problem. :unsure: I'll attempt it solo to start with to see how it goes, and if I end up needing help (most likely I will), then I'll see if I can find someone to give me a hand. :D

Edited by Undead Wolf

Aaah. Flare.

I knew someone wanted to make one =D

Just play and write. It comes naturally =D

And it's not like you need to write 20k words guide :awesome:

Just play and write. It comes naturally =D

I hope this is the case. I'm getting stressed out, and I haven't even begun yet. :P

And it's not like you need to write 20k words guide :awesome:

You've clearly not seen me write... well... anything.  :P My posts in the most recent platinum thread are examples of me going on waaaay loner than I should. I need to work on that. :giggle:

I hope this is the case. I'm getting stressed out, and I haven't even begun yet. :P

You've clearly not seen me write... well... anything.  :P My posts in the most recent platinum thread are examples of me going on waaaay loner than I should. I need to work on that. :giggle:

Yea, I have seen some of them =D Just proves you have the potential, just jump on it =D

• Like 1

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. There hasn't been a Gal*Gun guide created yet.

Well from that post Blue Flare made, it sounds like he's not interested in creating a guide for it anymore. Maybe I should message him just in case? Or is it safe to assume he's moved on?

Forgot to quote you too :facepalm:.

I second this.

That's ok, I do that too :highfive:.

• Like 2

Killzone Mercenary . It's a bit strange that one of the most popular and played games on Vita doesn't have a trophy guide here on PSNP yet .

Because most of the people who played games like that on Vita have long since abandoned it? :P That would be my guess anyway.

I mean the people who still play Vita to this day are most likely into Japanese games, and Killzone Mercenary is nothing of the sort. It represents everything we despise. :awesome: