Hard to enjoy the game with trophies like Chatterbox

JG-Ray

I try to enjoy games freely as well as get every trophy.

It appears that part of the 100% complete trophy is to talk to idiots along the game and if you pass them you have to start a fresh game. I'm about 50% through and found that out.

What a stupid idea.

Really? Extra dialogue is that much a drag for you?

Yeah, this time.

30 minutes in the game I was suppose to follow some dude under he gets to the door. Then he whined that he needed help with opening the door. So I open it.

As the 100% trophy states you have to go up to him and talk to him first before you open it or you have to start over.

I would've been following it but there is like 10 missable trophies.

You shouldn't let trophies dictate to you if a game is fun or not. Just play the game and enjoy it first then after you completed it then go and focus on trophies ... too many people seem so focused on trophies that they forget games are designed to be fun :)

I agree. You should try playing the game for the experience and just enjoying the gameplay rather than worrying about trophies. Not every game has to be platinum'd :P at least that's what I live by.

• Like 2

Really? I rather have the whole game with chatterbox than one round in that atrocious MP. It kept me from platinum on ps3 with 91% and currently I'm playing on ps4 and the same thing will happen again, since I don't have patience for it. Gives me headache :(

i could not agree more

Mp is fcked up beyond everything...

I spent whole day today boosting mp solo to get plat for amazing game

Couse SP is great.

But why on earth they have to put MP in every game nowadays (They could spend that time to add smth in SP)

And why they make trophies for that

Mp on this game is peetty much dead and you cant make legit plat in reasonable time couse of that...

As for chatterbox:

Cmon there is only 6 situations when you meet your crew (2 of them doesnt even count for trophy)

Next time read some guide and see missables or just play 1st time for fun and story and then make trophies

Thats what i do and for me its the only way.

If game is cool i want to play it again and ita no problem to make plat in your 2nd 3rd or 10th playthrough

• Like 2

I knew of it but forgot to talk to do the first lot of conversations on Shipwreck beach! So annoying!

I have a save point at Shanty Town with all the conversations done before the Shipwreck beach ones. Does anyone know if I can carry on from this? I don't see why I wouldn't be able to.

Yeah, I missed out on chatterbox at the beginning for not talking to him before upgrading my hatchet. Not that I mind playing it again. Trying to get all the trophies in one play through takes a lot of the fun out of a game for me. I would rather enjoy the game and then worry about the trophies later. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chatterbox is no problem I got it wouthout a guide. I'd say the worse thing about this is level 60 in mp and that's why I am never getting this plat

Getting to level 60 is easy. You could do this yourself. Just create a private session (like the one that having you picking up medical packs), and play it by yourself. Since you play it by yourself, no enemy to worry about. A few hours of these will get you to level 60.

I try to enjoy games freely as well as get every trophy.

It appears that part of the 100% complete trophy is to talk to idiots along the game and if you pass them you have to start a fresh game. I'm about 50% through and found that out.

What a stupid idea.

You must really hate most old school JRPGs then. If it bothers you that bad then I'd say just let it be one of those "free" experiences for you.

Awesome name by the way...I'd totally rotfl if I saw that pop up on a deathmatch or something, lol

Edited by merciful84

Getting to level 60 is easy. You could do this yourself. Just create a private session (like the one that having you picking up medical packs), and play it by yourself. Since you play it by yourself, no enemy to worry about. A few hours of these will get you to level 60.

Is it really that easy? I just played like 2 games and thought it's absolutely horrible so I just didn't wanted to do it.

Is it really that easy? I just played like 2 games and thought it's absolutely horrible so I just didn't wanted to do it.

Yes, it's absolutely easy. Here is a more detail on how to do it: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1856-Tomb-Raider/51-True-Commitment

it took me like 12h to get lvl 60 boosting solo

12h running around NON STOP

so no its not that easy

worst trophy grind so far for me

Yes, it's pretty boring to do the same run over and over again, but the run itself is very easy.