Which Online Game Servers are/will "Shut Down"?

DarknessKey92

I have planned to make this thread for a while now. But wanted to see if it existed already. There are some, but are mainly directed to 1 game.

Like The title suggests, try giving information on games that have had their Servers Shut down over the past few years. Even Give a update on which servers are planned to be Shut Down in the near future. The purpose of this Thread is to warn or even help people who are planning to buy a Online game for the platinum. I know that some people don't like to play a game and later learn that the game is impossible to platinum. Not because of difficulty, but because of impossible access to the requirement. For instance, I made the very stupid mistake of not platinuming White Knight Chronicles 2 when the servers were up. But when i learned 2 months ago that the servers were shut down on June 18, 2013 the platinum has now become incredibly hard to get(it's still due able, but with lots of struggle).

I know some people will say, "well just play the game for the enjoyment, and be done with it". But the thing is, some of us here have become trophy perfectionists over the years(even if we may not all admit it). It just bothers some of us to see that game list unfinished, and then get irritated that it wasn't because we lacked the skill to do it. But because we just couldn't.

So just post which servers shut down or plan to go down with a deadline date. If you plan to "last chance" a platinum, you can link a topic or session in your post to the regarded game you are planning to last chance. This thread may help people avoid adding a fixed incomplete  trophy list to their profile. Not all of us are fully informed on the games we play, so information regarding this topic could be critical to many others.

So it seems Rockstar, Sega, Namco Bandai and Activision have already handled it on their end. So anything by them will stay up. EA..well...it's ea..expect them to be gone. Ubisoft, Capcom, & Bohemia are investigating what they can do. With capcom games you can check their website www.capcom-unity.com to find out. Gearbox...nothing from them yet. 

When i find out more i'll post again. I'll try to help you with this list Darkness so ppl can get these games outta the way now if they need too. 

Street fight 3 online can for sure can be removed. It's already been moved long ago. Iron Galaxy confirmed on twitter.

Red Dead redemption is for sure not closing down. Confirmed on their forums by Rockstar staff. 

All i have atm. Being EA you can bet they won't do anything. So Anything EA related, including crysis, should get it done soon. Capcom should have word up soon. 

Hope this helps guys. 

Edit: I wonder if bitching to sony about online trophies would get anyone anywhere. Seeing as they set the standards for what consists of a platinum and what not. Funny how most of the Shut down games you can't get's 100% anymore are mainly EA. They did get sued recently for closing server's down early. 

Edited by TalynnStrike
  • Like 1

I have planned to make this thread for a while now. But wanted to see if it existed already. There are some, but are mainly directed to 1 game.

Like The title suggests, try giving information on games that have had their Servers Shut down over the past few years. Even Give a update on which servers are planned to be Shut Down in the near future. The purpose of this Thread is to warn or even help people who are planning to buy a Online game for the platinum. I know that some people don't like to play a game and later learn that the game is impossible to platinum. Not because of difficulty, but because of impossible access to the requirement. For instance, I made the very stupid mistake of not platinuming White Knight Chronicles 2 when the servers were up. But when i learned 2 months ago that the servers were shut down on June 18, 2013 the platinum has now become incredibly hard to get(it's still due able, but with lots of struggle).

I know some people will say, "well just play the game for the enjoyment, and be done with it". But the thing is, some of us here have become trophy perfectionists over the years(even if we may not all admit it). It just bothers some of us to see that game list unfinished, and then get irritated that it wasn't because we lacked the skill to do it. But because we just couldn't.

So just post which servers shut down or plan to go down with a deadline date. If you plan to "last chance" a platinum, you can link a topic or session in your post to the regarded game you are planning to last chance. This thread may help people avoid adding a fixed incomplete  trophy list to their profile. Not all of us are fully informed on the games we play, so information regarding this topic could be critical to many others.

Alright since this list was posted previously i'll just post a newer updated list here instead of making a new topic. 

A.

Age of Booty  - May 31, 2014 - Iffy - Capcom is looking into a fix

B.

Battlefield 1942  - Unaffected

Battlefield Bad Company 2  - Unaffected 

Beijing 2008  - May 31, 2014

Blitz The League II  - May 31, 2014

Borderlands  - May 31, 2014 - Iffy Working on a fix

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway  - May 31, 2014

Bulletstorm  - May 31, 2014

C.

CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars  - May 31, 2014

Crysis 2  - Unaffected

Condemned 2: Bloodshot  - May 31, 2014 - Iffy. Warner bros and Sega made this. While Sega has stated they won't be affected Warner Bros has not stated anything. Game doesn't have Trophies. 

D.

Damnation  - May 31, 2014

Dungeon Defenders - May 31, 2014 - No trophies affected. Just a little more difficult to get. 

F.

Fatal Inertia EX  - May 31, 2014

Fairytale Fights  - May 31, 2014

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin  - May 31, 2014 - Warner Bros

Flock!  - May 31, 2014

Fuel  - May 31, 2014

Full Auto 2: Battlelines - May 31, 2014

G.

Grand Theft Auto IV  - May 31, 2014 - Iffy Working on a fix

Guardians of Middle-Earth  - May 31, 2014 - Warner Bros

H.

Hail to the Chimp  - May 31, 2014

High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker - May 31, 2014

Hunted: The Demon's Forge  - May 31, 2014

L.

Legendary  - May 31, 2014

Lost Planet 3  - May 31, 2014 - Iffy Capcom looking into it

M.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance  - May 31, 2014

Midnight Club: Los Angeles  - May 31, 2014 - Iffy Rockstar looking into it

Monster Madness: Grave Danger  - May 31, 2014

Mortal Kombat(2011)  - May 31, 2014 - Warner Bros

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe  - May 31, 2014

MotoGP '08  - May 31, 2014

N.

NBA Ballers: Chosen One  - May 31, 2014

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit  - May 31, 2014

R.

Red Baron Arcade  - May 31, 2014

Red Dead Redemption  - May 31, 2014 - Iffy. Rockstar is looking into it. 

S.

Saints Row 2  - May 31, 2014 No trophies

SBK 08: Superbike World Championship  - May 31, 2014

SBK 09: Superbike World Championship  - May 31, 2014

SBK X  - May 31, 2014

SEGA Superstars Tennis  - May 31, 2014 - Iffy Sega stated looking into a fix

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution  - May 31, 2014

Street Fighter III: Online Edition  - Unaffected

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered BattleCars  - May 31, 2014

Superstars V8 Racing  - May 31, 2014

T.

TimeShift  - May 31, 2014

Tom Clancy's HAWX  - May 31, 2014

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty  - May 31, 2014

Two Worlds II  - May 31, 2014

U.

UFC 2009 Undisputed  - May 31, 2014

UFC Undisputed 2010  - May 31, 2014

Unreal Tournament III  - May 31, 2014 - Iffy, the unreal games have already supposed to have been moved. I can't confirm though. 

W.

WWE Legends of Wrestlemania  - May 31, 2014

WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2009  - May 31, 2014

WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2010  - May 31, 2014

Note, on the Warner Bros games i haven't changed the dates but put who made it due to fact Warner Bros has not stated anything yet. They are pretty much the Developer and Publisher of the games as they own both parts. Seeing as Injustice is made by Netherrealm i don't think it would be to hard to update Mortal Kombat. I know Mortal Kombat is still used for tourney's also. So i'm thinking those games should be saved. I emailed Warner Bros directly to ask them. Hopefully i can remove them in a few days after i get the email back. Rockstar, 2k and Capcom are still looking into fixes so will not remove them till there is word. Saying and Doing is 2 different things in the gaming industry. 

Looks like any and all sports games are gone. 

EA's letting everything go except Battlefield series. Kinda sad imo. Save the games making us rich and the games that are still played bringing in no money, screw it. Oh well it's EA..would we expect different? 

Edited by TalynnStrike

Official word from 2k games concerning their pc games and the fate of Borderlands and Civilization on PS3

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/201967707-2K-Online-Server-Migration-from-GameSpy-Technology

I contacted WBI and they said their games will not be going down. I am going to go a little higher in their contact list though to double check. 

If what the dude said is true though then

Guardians of Middle Earth

F.E.A.R. 2

Mortal Kombat

Condemned 2 Bloodshot

Will not be going offline.

Edited by TalynnStrike

Yo this thing is being the nightmare of all trophy hunters out there lol...

9 games from the list...I have and would like to get plat on them.Some of them are still sealed though...I won't even try these.

But I hope that I can work on some of them and get the online trophies out of the way.

The first Borderlands online is shutting down on May 31st I Think

It's unconfirmed. 2k is looking into it. Official link is a few posts above this one. I need to reedit my post up above infact. It's a lot to look at. Confusing to say the least

Edit: I edited my original posts to get rid of all the spam from the first posts i was quoteing. Should be a little easier to read now and find links. I have posted a link directly from 2k games stating the info about borderlands 1 and civilization.

I will keep the info flowing as i find it. I've taken my query of fear 2 and mortal kombat games a little higher to WBI. As i don't like their reply i got. Seems like they was just trying to dismiss me. 

Edited by TalynnStrike

There I have made Edits to the "OP List" regarding Titles Affected by GameSpy, and with some links to what some developers have said over the matter or have conformed. I have Removed a couple of titles on the list, because those are games people feel strongly that they'll be truly saved. Although if you want to know which were removed, you can check

TalynnStrike's reply to my previous list on page 2. Again I'm kinda basing the updated list on information I have collected from multiple sources as of late. 

Where did you get Armored Core: V and Tom Clancy: Future Soldier  information from? 

Edit:  http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/03/13/armored-core-v-servers-shutting-down-on-march-20th/

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-future-soldier/229261-servers-shutdown.html

Ughh......  That sucks!  A game I will never be able to finish.  That's so dumb making an online-only game that can be shutdown whenever they choose to..

I'm not happy about this at all.  Article says can still be played offline but the team stuff won't be available.  Gonna check if that makes plat impossible now.  

Tom Clancy is safe from the sounds of it, they just have poor servers not working correctly. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

You need to add Gotham City Impostors to your list. It's a good thing it was on sale a week or two ago.  :shakefist:

I was told it was "Shuting Down", then I was told to "Remove it" because they thought the servers were getting switched, but okay i'll add it again.

Where did you find out that QOS ( Quantum Of Solace) and AVP ( Aliens Vs Predator) servers are closing, because i have yet to see anywhere it says they are 

People Said the PC version's Quantum Of Solace was getting affected, and was told to put it up there, since there was no word on whether the rest of the versions would also be affected. After seeing how the other games have been handled, developers don't bother to inform the condition on games they feel made poor sales meaning they have given up on them. 

As for Aliens Vs Predator, I remember a person making a Gaming Session saying the Servers were shutting down on the same date Gamespy is. So I'm going to take his word, since there is no harm in adding the title here, although not adding it could; since people would ignore it not focusing on the game, then on June 1's try to play & not get a response. Like I said already don't take the whole list to be %100 true,  but it's better to be safe then sorry. Plus the games people say are/aren't getting shut down will be answered on June 1th when the deadline has been crossed.

I make the list based on what people tell me, since I obviously don't have the games.

Is there ANY proof that Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (2010) is shutting down? I'm pretty sure someone got confused with the early 2000's Hot Pursuit that was only PC and mistook it for the 2010 one, but I'm not 100% certain. Does the 2010 game even use GameSpy? 

Someone help :(

Edited by willmill97

Is there ANY proof that Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (2010) is shutting down? I'm pretty sure someone got confused with the early 2000's Hot Pursuit that was only PC and mistook it for the 2010 one, but I'm not 100% certain. Does the 2010 game even use GameSpy? 

Someone help :(

People are still confused on whether it was referring to the 2000 PC version or the new 2010 version, but I got it done regardless of which one it was to be safe. So I have no worries at all anymore, but as I was playing online I meet 2 people that both were doing it based on the Servers Shutting Down on May 31th. The Online isn't hard at all, but would probably need to waste almost $30 on the DLC if you want %100.

The Trophies also affected by Online are the Dream Shot ones, Beat the Recommendation of a friend, and have 5 friends. The reason would be because without the servers/online you can't connect to the community or friends you have to do the requirements for. 

Edited by DarknessKey92