Impossible mode?

dougrayman

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

About to start this masterpiece!!! ???? Cant wait to get the plat! Glad they didnt change or remove impossible mode?

Edit: after reading about impossible, its one save and one life now... Preetty sure this wasnt the case on ps3... Dont remember... But annyways real nice... Cant wait for a challenge... 

it was not like this in the original, instead they carried this over from Dead Space 3s Hardcore mode.

• Like 1

I just played the entire game on Impossible, and after backing up save, purposely died to end boss, and chose to continue on hard, and then further dropped it to story, didn’t try hard/medium/easy, maybe I should have tho, and Untouchable didn’t pop.

This was on 1.04 too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KiefferBell said:

I just played the entire game on Impossible, and after backing up save, purposely died to end boss, and chose to continue on hard, and then further dropped it to story, didn’t try hard/medium/easy, maybe I should have tho, and Untouchable didn’t pop.

This was on 1.04 too.

try it on medium, there's a guy at powerpyx says he's done it on medium

story mode is already confirmed not to pop

Edited by TwoWinged_PS

11 minutes ago, Maggot9 said:

Sooooo, what's the verdict on this workaround?  Continuing on medium/hard confirmed to work?  

I'm personally waiting to check now as I'm towards the end of my NG+ run and need to start again anyway from the progress I made, as it was on story.

Will probably do the confirmed hard up to the point of the end boss, cloud save, drop to medium and then test that. Could be a few days until I get around to it.

Its weird that the glitch apparently works on Medium, but not on Story.

Those here that have put it on Story though, you seem to have one small variable missing and that is that you havent triggered any checkpoints after switching the difficulty.

Its a longshot I know but working on Medium/Hard but not Story is strange.

Those who popped it on Medium/Hard always switched difficulty earlier, basically had tonnes of checkpoints and manual saves afterwards. 

The whole glitch may work because of the checkpoints remembering Impossible always, or the Manual Saves and those that have switched to Hard, have just coincidentally reload checkpoints and autosaves as well which were triggered AFTER changing difficulty!

I know there is no checkpoint after the final boss or just before as I had to redo it a few times.

I think somebody needs to drop the difficulty to Story BEFORE the last autosave just to be sure.

At least we know now though so I can look at doing the testing on the saving longshot ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Its weird that the glitch apparently works on Medium, but not on Story.

Those here that have put it on Story though, you seem to have one small variable missing and that is that you havent triggered any checkpoints after switching the difficulty.

Its a longshot I know but working on Medium/Hard but not Story is strange.

Those who popped it on Medium/Hard always switched difficulty earlier, basically had tonnes of checkpoints and manual saves afterwards. 

The whole glitch may work because of the checkpoints remembering Impossible always, or the Manual Saves and those that have switched to Hard, have just coincidentally reload checkpoints and autosaves as well which were triggered AFTER changing difficulty!

I know there is no checkpoint after the final boss or just before as I had to redo it a few times.

I think somebody needs to drop the difficulty to Story BEFORE the last autosave just to be sure.

At least we know now though so I can look at doing the testing on the saving longshot ;)

Sound logic. Can't figure it out either. Changed my mind and am finishing NG+ first. 

After reading all these posts about switching the difficulty to normal, etc, is kinda well, weird to say the least. Impossible mode or Hard mode is not that bad to warrant risking an entire run to not get the Untouchable :gold: to unlock at the end. Just play it as it is intended and call it a day - especially since you can literally save as many times as you want/need and even upload/download it to the PS+ Cloud. 

Sure the beginning is rough, but I am not about to waste an entire run on Impossible mode (hard mode) to not get the trophy in the end. You even have the Pulse Rifle exploit which makes credits a joke. Just pop on a random Youtube video while doing the exploit and call it a day.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

After reading all these posts about switching the difficulty to normal, etc, is kinda well, weird to say the least. Impossible mode or Hard mode is not that bad to warrant risking an entire run to not get the Untouchable :gold: to unlock at the end. Just play it as it is intended and call it a day - especially since you can literally save as many times as you want/need and even upload/download it to the PS+ Cloud. 

I think considering whether you could do a story cheese was worth it considering how much easier it is pile be  However, if the basis for this cheese is medium or hard , I'm sort of at the line of thinking. Wouldn't be much worse to just do it legit at this point. 

2 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I think considering whether you could do a story cheese was worth it considering how much easier it is pile be  However, if the basis for this cheese is medium or hard , I'm sort of at the line of thinking. Wouldn't be much worse to just do it legit at this point. 

i think medium is still quite easiler than hard

11 hours ago, Optinooby said:

As i've already explained a few posts ago, I changed difficulty to story in chapter 3. I triggered dozens of checkpoints and saved over my manual save file many times afterwards. 

There are several other possible explanations, why the trophy didn't pop:

1) Only one single guy on PowerPyx comments has ever said that it worked on a difficulty lower than hard. He might be confused or whatever.

2) Patch 1.04 dropped after he/she had written that comment. It might be fixed in 1.04 (for lower difficulties).

3) My game crashed once in chapter 12. IDK if this may have had any impact on the glitch.

Can someone test on Medium difficulty? If you're already far into the game on Impossible, you can just backup saves and test it.

Edited by proud2bNs
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, proud2bNs said:

As i've already explained a few posts ago, I changed difficulty to story in chapter 3. I triggered dozens of checkpoints and saved over my manual save file many times afterwards. 

1) Only one single guy on PowerPyx comments has ever said that it worked on a difficulty lower than hard. He might be confused or whatever.

2) Patch 1.04 dropped after he/she had written that comment. It might be fixed in 1.04 (for lower difficulties).

3) My game crashed once in chapter 12. IDK if this may have had any impact on the glitch.

Can someone test on Medium difficulty? If you're already far into the game on Impossible, you can just backup saves and test it.

Apologies, I didn't read that you changed it much earlier. Yea, doesn't sound like its a checkpoint thing then, or if it is, then its maybe a very specific sequence of actions.

Think i will just test a little bit then, but im not going to waste loads of time on it if a few different sequences of actions don't work.

I dont think the glitch is that useful if you cant switch it to Story. Hard doesnt make it easier, it just saves time without backing up and restoring, or quitting before you die.

Could have been a game changer with Story, but if its maybe not going to work there, then im not bothered with it personally.

Another thing nobody has said, is even with the glitch, can you actually NG+ Impossible from it, thats a major detail.

I wanted to keep my save on Impossible until the end to start testing with easy and then work upwards, I always start with the lowest variable, and then work upwards. Though I died properly by mistake while I was trying to optimise a particular section and decided to just not pause and look down at my notes, I forgot about the Impossible it was on xD. Guess can still test it, but I wanted to remain on Imposs ;(

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Another thing nobody has said, is even with the glitch, can you actually NG+ Impossible from it, thats a major detail.

If I start impossible, I die and finish the game at difficulty history, after I can play new game + with all my objects and play impossible?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SilviaAloy said:

If I start impossible, I die and finish the game at difficulty history, after I can play new game + with all my objects and play impossible?

We dont know yet, thats what I say, everybody who has used the glitch, has left out that detail ;(

Im on Chapter 8 atm, getting there slowly

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

I'd say point 1 is to be the case

Edited by TwoWinged_PS

I know there's no confirmation but it sounds like if you use the "Continue" glitch on Impossible, you get the trophy and nothing else. I figure if you don't get the Impossible rewards for doing so, you won't be able to NG+ on Impossible either, as it sounds like the game counts you completing it as completing it on a lower difficulty while also giving you the Impossible trophy since you started that run on that difficulty.

4 hours ago, Creasy007 said:

I know there's no confirmation but it sounds like if you use the "Continue" glitch on Impossible, you get the trophy and nothing else. I figure if you don't get the Impossible rewards for doing so, you won't be able to NG+ on Impossible either, as it sounds like the game counts you completing it as completing it on a lower difficulty while also giving you the Impossible trophy since you started that run on that difficulty.

Why allways glitch games? Why not just play it as its intended to be played. Whenever i come across a glitch myself. Im never sharing it. And nor am i using it. 

Just get guuud at the game?

Edited by DividedByMankind

Dunno if this has been mentioned but I'm pretty sure it has, I just haven't time to read every post. I've been playing on impossible and there is plenty of time to hit pause when the death animation starts and quit to the main menu without ruining your run.  As long as you save at every station and hit start as soon as the death music begins Impossible is easy.

CONFIRMED BY POWERPYX....trying this myself currently on my 1st Playthrough

Glitch / Exploit for Impossible (Works as of Patch 1.04 / February 03, 2023): As of Patch 1.04, when you die on an Impossible save file, your save will be reverted to Hard and you can continue. When you complete the game on this save file, Untouchable :gold: will unlock. This means you can complete the game without worry of the save file being deleted. It is currently unknown whether you can lower the difficulty further below Hard after dying. This method will likely get patched out in the future.

29 minutes ago, Mr_Buzzinka said:

CONFIRMED BY POWERPYX....trying this myself currently on my 1st Playthrough

Glitch / Exploit for Impossible (Works as of Patch 1.04 / February 03, 2023): As of Patch 1.04, when you die on an Impossible save file, your save will be reverted to Hard and you can continue. When you complete the game on this save file, Untouchable :gold: will unlock. This means you can complete the game without worry of the save file being deleted. It is currently unknown whether you can lower the difficulty further below Hard after dying. This method will likely get patched out in the future.

Thanks bro but we already know that 

Some players just want to know if it 100% work when you put the difficult on medium 

I’m already chapter 8 impossible run … I hope I don’t mess up haha 

Edited by amir_saman96
  • Like 3