Harry Potter Hogwarts Legacy Game Discussion

Annoyingtiger888

If you have a Twitch account and link it to the WB, you can get some in-game cosmetics. Mostly doing it for the Merlin's cloak. I'm just keeping it running with my sound down in the background to get the stuff for when I have it. 

https://www.dexerto.com/hogwarts-legacy/how-to-get-hogwarts-legacy-twitch-drops-2054097/

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to read fellow gamers/fans of the movies are praising it. Once I'm done watching the movies for the first time, I'll purchase it. I know it's a prequel to the movies but I wanted to be familiar with the series. I just finished watching Goblet of Fire.

Never read a Harry Potter book, never seen a Harry Potter film so I’m someone playing this with no pre conceptions or no understanding or appreciation of any lore or any characters. I will do a proper review once the plat is done (if they patch the take the biscuit side quest that is as that’s currently broken in my game) but my impressions so far is that this is a good open world game. It does very much feel to me like one of the newer assassins creed games with a different aesthetic and a different weapon, mainly because of the huuuuuuge amount of collectibles, but also because it’s utilises very much the tried and tested open world gameplay mechanics. Which I enjoy, I say none of this as a slight on the game, just reflecting on the gameplay so far. I do enjoy the broom riding, and the ease with which they have designed both ‘mounting’ and ‘demounting’ and the actual control of movement of the broom. The inputs are smooth and natural, easier to control than most flying mechanics in most other games.

bugged side quests aside, if you like open world games I think you’ll like this, whether you a Harry Potter fan, or have no clue about any of it like me.

biggest grumble I have so far apart from the bugged side quest....there are too many padlocks in this game. At a certain point the game should offer you a quality of life, just one button input to unlock these. After your 500th padlock you're beyond fed up with the unlocking mini game.....

biggest compliment i can give the  game so far is that it looks fantastic.

On 23/2/2023 at 4:57 AM, Void said:

Well we know why the game "requires" internet for a single player game now. The disc only has the prologue on it everything else has to be downloaded. Maybe they will release an edition with the entire game on disc.

It's the new stupid trend it seems. Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will also require internet access for the single player portion.

On 2/22/2023 at 11:52 PM, PotrikBerger said:

Never read a Harry Potter book, never seen a Harry Potter film so I’m someone playing this with no pre conceptions or no understanding or appreciation of any lore or any characters. I will do a proper review once the plat is done (if they patch the take the biscuit side quest that is as that’s currently broken in my game) but my impressions so far is that this is a good open world game. It does very much feel to me like one of the newer assassins creed games with a different aesthetic and a different weapon, mainly because of the huuuuuuge amount of collectibles, but also because it’s utilises very much the tried and tested open world gameplay mechanics. Which I enjoy, I say none of this as a slight on the game, just reflecting on the gameplay so far. I do enjoy the broom riding, and the ease with which they have designed both ‘mounting’ and ‘demounting’ and the actual control of movement of the broom. The inputs are smooth and natural, easier to control than most flying mechanics in most other games.

bugged side quests aside, if you like open world games I think you’ll like this, whether you a Harry Potter fan, or have no clue about any of it like me.

biggest grumble I have so far apart from the bugged side quest....there are too many padlocks in this game. At a certain point the game should offer you a quality of life, just one button input to unlock these. After your 500th padlock you're beyond fed up with the unlocking mini game.....

biggest compliment i can give the  game so far is that it looks fantastic.

Uh there infact is such a quality of life thing. Just press square to go into the minigame then press square to automatically unlock it and skip the minigame I been doing this since my second lock

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Uh there infact is such a quality of life thing. Just press square to go into the minigame then press square to automatically unlock it and skip the minigame I been doing this since my second lock

Wow, I’ve managed to complete everything other than the bugged stuff and somehow never noticed this was a thing! Thanks for letting me know....maybe someone else has been playing the game with their eyes closed also and will find this useful. I’m feeling like a right plonker now lol

41 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

Wow, I’ve managed to complete everything other than the bugged stuff and somehow never noticed this was a thing! Thanks for letting me know....maybe someone else has been playing the game with their eyes closed also and will find this useful. I’m feeling like a right plonker now lol

Lol don't feel too bad I see people on Reddit and other places lamenting the lack of an auto solve and im like but there is one

• 2 weeks later...

PS4 and Xbox One versions have been delayed to May 5th.

The announcement comes from the official Hogwarts Legacy Discord channel where the following message was posted:

We’re overwhelmed with gratitude for the response to Hogwarts Legacy from fans around the globe. The team is working hard to deliver the best possible experience on all platforms and we need more time to do this. Hogwarts Legacy will launch for PS4 and Xbox One May 5, 2023.

Edited by Ghost

On 26-2-2023 at 6:13 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

Lol don't feel too bad I see people on Reddit and other places lamenting the lack of an auto solve and im like but there is one

Only on Story Mode. I too could not find the auto unlock untill i put the game on Story mode. :)

• Like 2

On 07/03/2023 at 9:04 AM, Waspfarmer said:

rekon they will add quidditch dlc? that be amazing

I read somewhere that the devs have spoken out about not making any DLCs anytime soon, maybe they'll change their minds in the near future though.

On 07/03/2023 at 0:24 PM, Beekske said:

Only on Story Mode. I too could not find the auto unlock untill i put the game on Story mode. :)

I came across that conclusion a couple of weeks ago when I was in a party with friends who were also on the game, I mentioned the auto solve thing in question and he wasn't able to see it on his game. 

On 06/03/2023 at 6:32 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Bittersweet for me! I've been counting down the days to play it on my PS4, but I guess I'll finish Legend of Dragoon, then play some Octopath.

It's a shame they've delayed it by another month on PS4 now. :T

• Like 1

This game absolutely nailed the world and the lore. The castle design and world layout is perfection. Really detailed and right in line with the books and movies. 

The story is alright and serves its purpose. There's just enough variety in the side content to keep you playing without getting too redundant although there are way too many Merlin Trial's. I hate trivial busywork puzzles like that that seem to be in every open-world game and this game is no exception. Other than that, I really enjoyed the side content and exploring the open world just as much as the main story. Only a few counter intuitive puzzles that frustrated me which is far less than most other RPG's. 

The game itself is very good, the trophy list is a slog though especially when you're nearing the end and you're trying to track down the last collectibles you need. It feels never ending but I'm almost there. Only about 30 more collectibles to go at this point. Everybody complains about the bugs and glitches like this game is an absolute mess but I only ran into one all this time and it was a minor one. In the Feldcroft Catacomb one of the skeletons glitched out on me and wouldn't let me grab it so I had to exit the catacomb and reenter it and it fixed itself. For as vast as this game is, I feel like it's quite polished judging from my own experience. Just wish they'd add better trackers for the trophies. Trying to figure out which enemy you still have to use ancient magic on is a nightmare when you only have one left and there's absolutely no way of telling which one you didn't get yet. Little things like that go a long way in making the platinum run on a game like this more enjoyable. 

On 07/03/2023 at 0:24 PM, Beekske said:

Yeah, only on Story mode. I play on Normal difficulty as that's my preference and don't wanna turn down the difficulty every time I have to pick a lock.

Really, the developers should have made it an accessibility option.