Leaked Images Show What Could Be Amazon's Video Game Controller

Lady Lilith

pyrwmx9w6cum5b9tcw1d.pngSEXPAND

The rumors about Amazon's entry into the game console/set-top box gained a ton of credibility this morning, as shots of a gamepad bearing the online giant's logo hit the web.P

Seen on The Verge, the images come from Anatel, a regulatory division of the Brazilian government analogous to the FCC in the U.S. With a blocky design reminiscent of the OnLive controller, the Amazon gamepad features what look like home, back and menu button, along with a dedicated input for the company's GameCircle storefront.P

RELATED
18wgj27wkjv0yjpg.jpg
Rumor: Amazon Is Making an Android Console

One of the biggest retailers in the world is rumored to be making an Android gaming console. Read…

Amazon has yet to officially comment on the living-room-aimed, Android-powered hardware that they're supposedly building. They bought game development studio Double Helix last month, calling the acquisition " part of our ongoing commitment to build innovative games for customers."P

Keep in mind this might not be a final design for the gamepad. We've reached out to Amazon about the game controller images and will update this story if they respond.P

hciec3qf6gxkrsfzhvoh.jpg

uoj94udj5onqoue1k728.jpg

I could have sworn I posted the original article when it was first leaked, but maybe it was on my old forum, since I can't find it.  

Anyway, the layout on this reminds me of a 360 controller with some added menu buttons.

Yeah I think MS may have something to say about that design :|

lol exactly. Though I have to say this design looks like crap, it's like they combined the very original Xbox controller with some of the elements of the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers, threw them in a blender, drank it and then puked it back out.

Edited by BooneJusticius
  • Like 1