RPG Mania 2023 - The Octo-Path to Redemption - Congrats to SWWDevereux! (Completed)

8 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

The Tenth Line is fine, I'm unsure about Risk of Rain as I believe there is no levelling or assigning of skills and plays more like Enter the Gungeon. Clicker Heroes will definitely need to be changed though, after spending weeks grinding this, I can unequivocally say there is very little in the way of actual gameplay, just time management.

Tomorrow has come! Yes, the first theme we have relates to Easter, Spring and all the new growing that's happening. So the theme for April is Rebirth. Anything that involves resurrection, coming back from the dead or creating new life would qualify. Some pictoral evidence would be appreciated, if possible when claiming the Seasonal Bonus.

You are just in time! I will add you when I get to a computer. Welcome to our 31st competitor.

In this very rare instance, I will allow it on FFXIV only. Aren't you running out of RPG's to play now? ;)

Sweet, finally now i have a motivation to plat it xD Also, no i'm not running out of it yet especially since the likes of Kemco keep popping theirs rofl.

The seasonal theme for April is interesting, right now i'm currently playing Mass Effect series and i'm gonna try finding something to qualify for the seasonal theme bonus, with this kind of sci-fi space game thing there's bound to be something that has anything to do with Rebirth

16 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Future plans:

1. Making FFXIV be my 200th platinum which it was denied in my last account.
  2. Making Hogwarts Legacy my 175th platinum.
  3. Getting Lord f'king Garmadon off my PS4(seriously, LEGO Ninjago The Movie Game is so f'ked up tech wise beca--- oh sorry, not an RPG <_<)

I see you play FFXIV too, that is awesome making that game for your milestone.

Also, Callout :

@YokA_sun and P5R ( Persona 5 Royal )

Edited by Laburnski
  • Like 1

good luck all i am currently doing persona 5 its my last persona 5 game the other 2 are done since i got my ps5 i can replay dbz kakarot without auto popping i am not a fan of auto popping i play games normal without autopoping i wish everyone good luck with the rpg games 

4 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Hmmm I don't have any real callout games because pretty much everything is finished on my profile, should I just compile and drop a list here of games I have not started?

Yeah that would be the best and hope someone who has not called out someone (as I think you only get one this season, I could be wrong) notices it and calls you out. If you get along with any of the other members you could always pm them and call each other out as well.

Doing fine now, I just booted up Hogwarts Legacy and am trying to figure out how to create a new character, gonna try to get the three extra Map Chamber trophies today, or at least one of them, before I continue with my Ravenclaw. I do intend to also do Disgaea 4 Complete+... I just need to put my PS4 in the fridge as it overheated and now gives errors when I restart. :(

41 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

Doing fine now, I just booted up Hogwarts Legacy and am trying to figure out how to create a new character, gonna try to get the three extra Map Chamber trophies today, or at least one of them, before I continue with my Ravenclaw. I do intend to also do Disgaea 4 Complete+... I just need to put my PS4 in the fridge as it overheated and now gives errors when I restart. :(

If your ps4 is overheating you probably have major dust build up. 

On 31/03/2023 at 0:32 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

To all, everyone who has posted their Double and Triple points, thank you and the spreadsheet should be all up to date.

@ApriIis, @CokeEnnyday, @Lord_Bane999 and @serrated-banner9 I'm awaiting your 2x and 3x games.

From tomorrow, the competitions starts and competitors can be called out. If anyone has mentioned in the thread that they can be called out from their library ( @acasser, @blu3st4rdust305 and @Leon Castle I believe have said this but there may be more) DM them directly. When calling out someone, remember that each competitor has to be called out once, before they can receive a second nomination. 

I hope to see some reviews or tips for the game that you complete, recommendations for new games that I might enjoy are always welcome, as well as for everyone else. 

Here is an example of what the scoring calculator should look like:

Disgaea 6 Complete 100 + (3xG, 9xS, 23xB) = 59 - 28.41 - 10 (14% completion before event (14xB)) = 120.59 x (multiplier e.g x5 Most Wanted) +25 (SS) +50 (NG) +50 (SR) = 727.95pts

I'll user these as placeholders as I may switch them out after I figure out what I'll be playing vs what might be feasibly possible / actually available.

2X Games

Honkai Star Rail

Baldur's Gate 3

3X Game

Diablo IV

Edited by Lord_Bane999

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Callout! @Eternal_Rach Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. I see you have it loaded on your psn list with no earned trophies. I hope you still have it. 

WHAT? @Eternal_Rach, you have Ni No Kuni and haven't played it yet? I'd call it out too, but rules say you can't have two people call you out.

No trophy progress, but I am planning on Hogwarts Legacy progress despite putting up a straw poll. My main is a Ravenclaw so I created the characters for Hufflepuff, Slytherin and Gryffindor (who I got input from my four-year niece, so cute ^_^), running through the final student and this night I will try to get everyone to the Map Chamber, though I might stall Esmee to do some Merlin Trials so I can expand her gear inventory. Tomorrow morning I will start working on Disgaea 4 Complete - still need to work on LEGO Ninjago Movie the Game to get that platinum, because OMG that game is f'king bugged and I just want to get 100% and delete it. :angry::ninja:

Edited by Taruta13

12 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

WHAT? @Eternal_Rach, you have Ni No Kuni and haven't played it yet? I'd call it out too, but rules say you can't have two people call you out.

No trophy progress, but I am planning on Hogwarts Legacy progress despite putting up a straw poll. My main is a Ravenclaw so I created the characters for Hufflepuff, Slytherin and Gryffindor (who I got input from my four-year niece, so cute ^_^), running through the final student and this night I will try to get everyone to the Map Chamber, though I might stall Esmee to do some Merlin Trials so I can expand her gear inventory. Tomorrow morning I will start working on Disgaea 4 Complete - still need to work on LEGO Ninjago Movie the Game to get that platinum, because OMG that game is f'king bugged and I just want to get 100% and delete it. :angry::ninja:

Is there a callout list I can refer to? I meant to add....I'll just check the first post. Duh! 

Edited by Edunstar84

Another silly question that was probably answered. I've been playing mato anomalies.. I've earned almost all of the trophies in March but yet to get the platinum. Will getting that in April count or do the games trophies need to be all obtained after the start of the competition 

27 minutes ago, vividamage123 said:

Another silly question that was probably answered. I've been playing mato anomalies.. I've earned almost all of the trophies in March but yet to get the platinum. Will getting that in April count or do the games trophies need to be all obtained after the start of the competition 

It will count but there will be a point penalty based on how many trophies you got before April 1st. The scoring section in the top post has the details

• Like 1

@Edunstar84 I'm jumping on the callout train, and I hope you realize how dangerous your backlog is! I'll throw you a relative softball with Nier, assuming you still own it. I also happened to notice that both of our first platinums were Rayman Origins for Vita; not at all relevant, but I thought it was neat!

@SWWDevereux Good luck with Dawn of the New World! That has to be the worst game on my trophy list, and that's a low bar to clear. At least the platinum isn't that much more painful than the game itself is.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

I just need to put my PS4 in the fridge as it overheated and now gives errors when I restart. :(

Here's a cute little "lifehack" I've used for my consoles for nearly fifteen years now:  I stole a "baker's rack" from my mother's kitchen, one of those little wire-frame things that you can put a pie on after pulling it out of the oven for while it cools.  I set my console on top of it, and that gives airflow all around my console by keeping it off the floor/carpet.  I think I've had one time since then that I had the console overheat and shut off, and that was on a day when it was like 105 degrees and humid and the Air Conditioning just couldn't keep up.

11 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Hmmm I don't have any real callout games because pretty much everything is finished on my profile, should I just compile and drop a list here of games I have not started?

If you DM me a list, @Sendai-Horatio, I'll call out a game for you.

And if somebody would like to call me out, I'll provide my list to them.

@Psy-Tychist: Quick question on the "rebirth" theme.  How elastic are we defining this?  I was hoping to use Void Terrarium 2 to satisfy the theme, but I suppose that depends on how loosely we're going to apply the term.

On 01/04/2023 at 6:58 AM, Sanevin said:

Could we get a "Seasonal Bonus Game List" on the tracker? It would be neat to see what everybody picks for each theme, and it could be used to easily see which games have already been "Approved"

Anyway, finished Dredge and putting some points on the board.  It was a fantastic game and meshed fishing and horror pretty well.  Wish the "All sidequest" trophy had you actually complete all the sidequests, instead of a failure counting as a completion.  They did a good job with making each area feel unique, and I loved seeing all the "mutations" of the fish.

Dredge: 100 + (4xG, 7xS, 12xB) = 150 - 5.61 - 10 (25% when competition started 1s, 15b) = 134.39 + 50SR + 50NG = 234.39

I will put a page on the Spreadsheet so that everyone can see what people have picked when they complete them.

Also, congrats for the first completion!

8 hours ago, acasser said:

@Psy-Tychist: Quick question on the "rebirth" theme.  How elastic are we defining this?  I was hoping to use Void Terrarium 2 to satisfy the theme, but I suppose that depends on how loosely we're going to apply the term.

Well, as long as you can show me an example of Rebirth in the game you have, then I can make judgment from there. I know some ideas will be easier than others to display, so I'm always open for what you have in mind.

On 01/04/2023 at 0:42 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Yes, something like that would work. Creative solutions are always fun.

Are there any other kind of restrictions or limitations on this? Using a revival item in an RPG is quite broad as nearly every game has them. I’m thinking it’s a once and done thing so each revival/rebirth/etc has to be a different method? Otherwise people would be able to wrack up some serious bonus points if they’ve got a stack of shorter games (looking at you Kemco).

16 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Callout! @Eternal_Rach Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. I see you have it loaded on your psn list with no earned trophies. I hope you still have it. 

Thank you! I definitely still have this game and actually had it on my list of games I want to complete this year so that works perfectly in with my plans.

15 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

I’ve actually played the PS3 version years ago, the callout is for the PS4 version. I’m a huge Ghibli fan and fell in love with the original so couldn’t help double dipping when it was re-released. Looking forward to experiencing it again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vividamage123 said:

Sure, you can add it, it will count... but you will get a crappy amount of points for it because you have almost all the trophies since the initial points you get drops for every trophy you earn and for the more completion percentage you have. That's why it's best to add games you haven't started yet as only their rarity will decrease the points you get. *shrug*

10 hours ago, acasser said:

Here's a cute little "lifehack" I've used for my consoles for nearly fifteen years now:  I stole a "baker's rack" from my mother's kitchen, one of those little wire-frame things that you can put a pie on after pulling it out of the oven for while it cools.  I set my console on top of it, and that gives airflow all around my console by keeping it off the floor/carpet.  I think I've had one time since then that I had the console overheat and shut off, and that was on a day when it was like 105 degrees and humid and the Air Conditioning just couldn't keep up.

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely look into that when I go grocery shopping today. :D

16 hours ago, Xylobe said:

@Edunstar84 I'm jumping on the callout train, and I hope you realize how dangerous your backlog is! I'll throw you a relative softball with Nier, assuming you still own it. I also happened to notice that both of our first platinums were Rayman Origins for Vita; not at all relevant, but I thought it was neat!

You are too nice! :D I do have absolute killers in my backlog that I always wanted to complete.

7 hours ago, Eternal_Rach said:

Thank you! I definitely still have this game and actually had it on my list of games I want to complete this year so that works perfectly in with my plans.

I’ve actually played the PS3 version years ago, the callout is for the PS4 version. I’m a huge Ghibli fan and fell in love with the original so couldn’t help double dipping when it was re-released. Looking forward to experiencing it again.

I'm glad you like the game at least. I love Ghibli, but don't consider myself as a huge fan. I have completed the PS3 version and plan to do the PS4 one as well.

• Like 1