Trophies for Sunbreak?

GMVehox

Hello guys.

Does anyone know if there'll be trophies for Sunbreak? If yes, will we get an extra trophy list including a Platinum like in Iceborne (from MHW) or will there be a separate DLC trophy list for the main game?

Thanks so far!

I assume it'll have its own plat like Iceborne did. Here are the badges from the Switch version, which, if like Rise, will be the trophy list. The last one is going to be the platinum.

https://game8.co/games/Monster-Hunter-Rise/archives/351473

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I wouldn't take that as a guarantee the way Switch did it's achievements was strange.

The award you're likely thinking is the platinum works differently in Sunbreak compared to Rise. In Rise that award was added during Switch's title update 3 when the last of the monsters for gold crowns was added among other awards for story PS4/5 got all these updates on it's release. It was the final award for base game and getting every award before it was a 100%. However in Sunbreak this was added on Switch's release and Sunbreak added more awards after this through title updates. 

The gold crown award was also out on release for Sunbreak and players only needed the crowns from the 16 new monsters in Sunbreaks launch to earn it. PS4/5 will be getting the content upto update 3 on it's release and I'm not sure if they'll leave the crowns as is or add the additional 10 monsters from those updates to the PS4/5s crown award.

Additionally there was new trinkets found in the lotteries that were added with the title updates and these didn't count towards the award but may now do so. Either way if they don't you will likely be getting most of them trying to get the ones that are required because it's random.

I do fully expect a award/trophy rework for Sunbreak on these consoles as the award for earning every award wouldn't be counting the extra awards added in the later updates that will now be there on release for this version.

One advantage players here will have is you can double up the 100 inflicted monsters and the level anomaly investigations awards at the same time. Switch players were unfortunate not to have the extra anomaly systems on release and farmed 100 inflicted the more unrewarding way.

There's only a week until we find out what happens but I don't think this is as simple as a copy paste from switch but I could be wrong.

Edited by SirJacobFlames
Spell changes

I have it on Steam and its not a separate achievement list, but who know? My game has 100 steam achievements under Monster hunter Rise

Saying that, Monster Hunter Worlds is also listed as 100 steam achievements not 2 lists where PSN is 2 lists

• Like 1

The game should be out in a few hours, so we should be able to see the list soon enough! I'm pretty sure it will be like World/Iceborne, which wouldn't make sense otherwise, imo.

In the meantime, I found this:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps5/399255-monster-hunter-rise-sunbreak/trophies

though it looks like they copy/pasted the Steam achievements.

EDIT: Well, nevermind...

photo-5064729610331204531-y.jpg

Edited by ZinHunterAK
Updated info
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, ZinHunterAK said:

That's... disgusting, to say the least. What the fuck are they smoking?

There's infinitely less incentive for one to purposefully go out of their way for Sunbreak's trophies without there being an additional platinum involved. What a cruel joke. lol

Edited by Zephrese

12 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

That's... disgusting, to say the least. What the fuck are they smoking?

There's infinitely less incentive to do purposefully go out of one's way for Sunbreak's trophies without there being an additional platinum involved. What a cruel joke. lol

Idk man, that's the ugliest thing I've seen in a while. And yeah, the "platinum" is now a Gold trophy in the 6th list lol

I remember a lot of people would only platinum base World and never bothered with Iceborne. Now if you want to 100% on this game you HAVE to buy the expansion. So many reasons why this decision is wrong

Just now, ZinHunterAK said:

Idk man, that's the ugliest thing I've seen in a while. And yeah, the "platinum" is now a Gold trophy in the 6th list lol

I remember a lot of people would only platinum base World and never bothered with Iceborne. Now if you want to 100% on this game you HAVE to buy the expansion. So many reasons why this decision is wrong

It would've taken them no additional effort to make it an entirely separate list, so I don't know why they decided to go this route this time when they didn't with Iceborne. lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ZinHunterAK said:

The game should be out in a few hours, so we should be able to see the list soon enough! I'm pretty sure it will be like World/Iceborne, which wouldn't make sense otherwise, imo.

In the meantime, I found this:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps5/399255-monster-hunter-rise-sunbreak/trophies

though it looks like they copy/pasted the Steam achievements.

Disappointing to see no platinum for sunbreak especially considering Sunbreak will have more content, harder and grindier than MH rise. Still gonna aim for 100% though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Laburnski said:

Disappointing to see no platinum for sunbreak especially considering Sunbreak will have more content, harder and grindier than MH rise. Still gonna aim for 100% though.

WHAAAAAT?! Please tell me that’s not the real list?! It’s not showing up on the site for me yet. I assumed it would have a platinum like Iceborne!! Devastated?

1 minute ago, smudgedhorizon said:

WHAAAAAT?! Please tell me that’s not the real list?! It’s not showing up on the site for me yet. I assumed it would have a platinum like Iceborne!! Devastated1f62d.png

It is the official list, I took the screenshot myself lol

• Like 1

Just now, ZinHunterAK said:

It is the official list, I took the screenshot myself lol

I’m so gutted! Are they showing up on the console itself then? I’ve been waiting for them to scan in on the site, I never thought to check my console list. 

I can’t get over just how awful that is, they’ve made a total mess of it. Iceborne was perfect.

9 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

The game not having a plat like Iceborne did is a cruel joke if you realize how much effort you have to put into the sunbreak trophies... the grind is even crazier than the main game.

Exactly!!! I did the 100% on switch and the anomaly grind is absolutely unreal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zephrese said:

Yup, checked for myself a few minutes ago.

I just saw myself in the PS app, my 100% is now 47% 

To add insult to injury the list isn’t even split between the 6 groups in a way that makes sense. Like the all gold crowns award & the all mini crowns award are in separate lists and list 5 and list 6 have just two trophies in each WHYYYY?!?!! It looks so awful, what a disgusting bodge job. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

One of the most deranged trophy choices I think I've seen, to be honest. I was confident it would either be another Iceborne or have no trophies at all. There go my hopes of using the Sunbreak plat for a milestone...

Same here I was planning on making it my 225th plat! I never for a single second ever thought it wouldn’t have a platinum, and definitely not this 6 list travesty.