Prestiging an Outpost to MAX

TheMrFrick

Based on the Trophy's image, I think MAX outpost level is 10. 

I curretly have a few outposts to at level 2 and 3. 

I'm wondering if anyone knows the cost to progress for each level in a Normal, Dangerous, and Brutal map since each seems to have a different requirement per level. 

Additionally, any tips to get a base MAX quickly would be helpful! 

18 minutes ago, Solis_Trad said:

The problem is nobody give any distinction before leaving an outpost. 1f914.png

Indeed. I'm up to a 5 but not sure I'll get much further without accolades. Not sure everyone realises you have to press square not X to give them and also that you can give 2 per level. 

Either that or they just really didn't like my level ?

• Like 3

I have confirmed that when you get this trophy, you also get your coop partner.

If you take it on both ps4 and ps5, the cost is halved if you and a friend do it together.

I noticed this when I was getting it twice.......................shit.

Haven’t played this game yet. Is there any other way to raise the outpost level? If I understand correctly it levels up if you kill raiders and upgrade it along the way. But I kind of compare this to Mario Maker. What if there are millions of levels at some point but only a few players, so your level doesn’t get played anymore?

Or how does this work? I want to jump into this game but also complete it because it looks interesting. But if you are absolutely in need of strangers from the internet it could suck.

29 minutes ago, xIRockyRock said:

Haven’t played this game yet. Is there any other way to raise the outpost level? If I understand correctly it levels up if you kill raiders and upgrade it along the way. But I kind of compare this to Mario Maker. What if there are millions of levels at some point but only a few players, so your level doesn’t get played anymore?

Or how does this work? I want to jump into this game but also complete it because it looks interesting. But if you are absolutely in need of strangers from the internet it could suck.

When you set your outpost to "Active" it can randomly spawn as one of the choices for a player to raid. You cannot search for "Active" outposts, so it all comes down to luck. Prestige experience is gained for every death (+10) and accolade received (+20). This can be further increased (by 5%, 10%, or 15%) using a "boost" that costs resources.

One thing to keep note of is that you don't have to, and shouldn't, prestige your outpost right away. Any additional prestige experience you have past the limit will carry over to the next level, so only prestige after your outpost is drained of resources to maximize your gains.

Edited by tmlfan73
  • Like 4

If your base runs out of matgen you can refill it with yellow credits, as if you were levelling it up. I already got one at 10 and another at 6, but my friend is having less people raiding his base so yeah its luck base but not missable in any way. Btw the smaller the base, less prestige points it require. The small one cots 125 at lvl 6, while the bigg one cost almost 500 at 4-5.

• Like 3

Just platinumed it tonight and reaching prestige 10 on an outpost was easier than I thought. Different sizes require different amounts of points. If you use a small outpost you will only need little more than 1000 total points to go from level 1 to 10. By the time my small dangerous outpost was level 3, I had already accumulated enough prestige points to reach max with hundreds left over.

When looking at the prestige menu for an outpost, the prestige level is displayed as a large number in a yellow box. Next to that box will be a vertical bar with a number on top of it. That number is how many times you can prestige the outpost with your current amount of points. So my level 3 outpost said +7 indicating I could reach max prestige.

• Like 1

I have a Large Brutal outpost with around 300 kills and a bunch of accolades, but that's barely enough to make it to prestige 7.

I made a new, Small Normal outpost that looks pretty cool (Pyramid shaped with another inverted pyramid on top of it) and that is not hard (Average kill is around 3 per attempt). It's been attacked around 30 times in like 2 days and has received a lot of accolades. I could already make it prestige 10 but since I do enjoy the game, I decided to prestige it once per 24hours (when it runs out of GenMat) and not just rush for the plat.

My thought process was that making a Normal difficulty outpost would make it attacked more by new players and being easier would also make people more inclined to give accolades. I made it look cool to make it alluring when looking at it from the outposts attack list and to receive more accolades.

Edited by Windex-Qc-
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Windex-Qc- said:

I have a Large Brutal outpost with around 300 kills and a bunch of accolades, but that's barely enough to make it to prestige 6.

I made a new, Small Normal outpost that looks pretty cool (Pyramid shaped with another inverted pyramid on top of it) and that is not hard (Average kill is around 3 per attempt). It's been attacked around 30 times in like 2 days and has received a lot of accolades. I could already make it prestige 10 but since I do enjoy the game, I decided to prestige it once per 24hours (when it runs out of GenMat) and not just rush for the plat.

My thought process was that making a Normal difficulty outpost would make it attacked more by new players and being easier would also make people more inclined to give accolades. I made it look cool to make it alluring when looking at it from the outposts attack list and to receive more accolades.

LOL< Ironically Im in the same boat now.... But it seems easier to prestige normal bases than the Brutal ones.

I believe it costs close to 1k Prestige for a Dangerouse base to 10 and 1.5k Prestige for a Brutal to 10.

I got my Brutal bass to Prestige 10 in just 2 days as it got attempted like 150 times with nearly 600 deaths. Think I got lucky though.

People also kept voting it as ‘Fun’ and ‘Artistic’ with like 90 Artistic ratings and 70 Fun ratings which sped up the prestige.

I basically built the facade of a mansion on top of my actual base

Edited by Oberlin1694

On 4/8/2023 at 8:15 PM, NeedleMover said:

I cant get past 4 prestige, might have to make a new one. This trophy might be impossible for now

It's not impossible. Lots of players already have platinum including myself. No offence and I'm not being rude but Maybe you just need to make a better outpost? It might not be good.

• Like 1

If it gives anyone some hope, I made a fairly basic outpost late last night…normal level…did at least make sure it played ok, didn’t have any holes and added a few stickers to tart it up a bit. In the 12 hours since it’s only had four plays but they got me 8 kills and 2 accolades which equated to 120 prestige points (needing 30 per level by the look of it - at least it’s 30 from level 1 to 2 and it’s showing me I can go up three levels). It took me maybe half hour to make the level. It may or may not get enough plays to make max, but if that amount of work can get me to 4 it shouldn’t be too bad to get there in general.

16 hours ago, Oberlin1694 said:

I believe it costs close to 1k Prestige for a Dangerouse base to 10 and 1.5k Prestige for a Brutal to 10.

I got my Brutal bass to Prestige 10 in just 2 days as it got attempted like 150 times with nearly 600 deaths. Think I got lucky though.

People also kept voting it as ‘Fun’ and ‘Artistic’ with like 90 Artistic ratings and 70 Fun ratings which sped up the prestige.

I basically built the facade of a mansion on top of my actual base

A couple person have been comparing the difficulty ratings of the bases and how it affects how many points you need to prestige them. It's not the rating that matters, it's the size of the outposts. If it was the difficulty, you could just make a brutal one, rack up kills, get the amount you needed to get a "Normal" base to prestige 10 and just destroy everything in your base and rebuild it to be classified as "Normal" instead of brutal. But that's not how it works. A smaller outpost requires less points to prestige than a larger one.

Edited by Windex-Qc-
  • Like 2

So, has anyone tried to reset their dungeon yet? I have two big exhausted dungeons, I love them and I don't want to lose them. Does resetting take away all my blocks and traps, forcing me to start a new build?

The first one is prestige 4, it made 95 kills for 18 attempts, but only recovered 15 distinctions. I don't find this base complicated, but players tend to keep visiting the enemy-filled nooks and crannies instead of continuing the dungeon, so I have a lot of quit rage.

The second one is prestige 3, it has 53 kills for 8 attempts for just 8 awards. I find it much less complicated than the previous one, but only PC players did this dungeon and when I look at their point of view, I have the impression that they are kids of 10 who take energy drinks by intravenous... I also like it a lot, so I made a portrait of Carlos the squid to hope to have artistic distinctions, but it was not enough :'(

While waiting for an answer, I put my dungeons in the social. My nickname is Germignion, the first dungeon is Valley cottage and the second dungeon is Pine city. Hoping that it can still kill other players :'(

11 hours ago, Windex-Qc- said:

A couple person have been comparing the difficulty ratings of the bases and how it affects how many points you need to prestige them. It's not the rating that matters, it's the size of the outposts. If it was the difficulty, you could just make a brutal one, rack up kills, get the amount you needed to get a "Normal" base to prestige 10 and just destroy everything in your base and rebuild it to be classified as "Normal" instead of brutal. But that's not how it works. A smaller outpost requires less points to prestige than a larger one.

You’re right, I meant small for mine. Medium sized one took 50 I think it was to go from 1-2 rather than 30 for example.

On 4/12/2023 at 7:06 AM, SuchRemorse said:

It's not impossible. Lots of players already have platinum including myself. No offence and I'm not being rude but Maybe you just need to make a better outpost? It might not be good.

I got it since, decided to just make a small post which worked

18 hours ago, NeedleMover said:

I got it since, decided to just make a small post which worked

Yeah a few hours after my comment I had like 20 raiders with over 100 deaths so I’m now we’ll over the limit needed for max prestige . Still doesn’t excuse this trophy since it directly relies on other players and usually a large part is receiving accolades not to mention inconsistency of the raiders. Overall not a fun trophy and I’m glad I’m done with it .

• Like 2

On 4/13/2023 at 2:59 AM, Germignion said:

So, has anyone tried to reset their dungeon yet? I have two big exhausted dungeons, I love them and I don't want to lose them. Does resetting take away all my blocks and traps, forcing me to start a new build?

The first one is prestige 4, it made 95 kills for 18 attempts, but only recovered 15 distinctions. I don't find this base complicated, but players tend to keep visiting the enemy-filled nooks and crannies instead of continuing the dungeon, so I have a lot of quit rage.

The second one is prestige 3, it has 53 kills for 8 attempts for just 8 awards. I find it much less complicated than the previous one, but only PC players did this dungeon and when I look at their point of view, I have the impression that they are kids of 10 who take energy drinks by intravenous... I also like it a lot, so I made a portrait of Carlos the squid to hope to have artistic distinctions, but it was not enough :'(

While waiting for an answer, I put my dungeons in the social. My nickname is Germignion, the first dungeon is Valley cottage and the second dungeon is Pine city. Hoping that it can still kill other players :'(

Sorry for the late answer and that I can only give you a partial answer. If you run out of GenMat and don't have enough prestige points, you only have the option to Reset it but resetting it doesn't "reset" anything that you've built. If I recall correctly, it resets your accumulated prestige points, what I don't clearly remember though, is if it also resets your Prestige Rank. I've had to reset an outpost once a while back but I don't quite remember if it also resets your outpost to rank 1. Anyway you don't really have a choice but to reset it once it depletes and you don't have enough to prestige it.

I’ve been keeping a note of the prestige points needed as I go. Will update further as possible:

Small base: Level 2 costs 30, 3 costs 55, 4 costs 85, 5 costs 115, 6 costs 130, 7 costs 145, 8 costs 170, 9 costs 195, 10 costs 225. TOTAL 1150 points.

Medium base: Level 2 costs 70*, 3 costs 150, 4 costs 225, 5 costs 300, 6 costs 345, 7 costs 390, 8 costs 450

Large base: Level 2 costs 125, 3 costs 250, 4 costs 375

* I think it was 70, forgot to write that one down.

Others feel free to confirm these or otherwise…I assume they are standard costs…?

Other notes: resetting your outpost keeps your current prestige level, but you lose any prestige points you had. A 9000 base will last for 24 hours collecting points before you prestige or reset. A 4500 base is 12 hours and a 7750 base 18 hours. I think they are the only three types. Unless you’ve built the ultimate death trap it pays to buy a 9000 base in the first place. Each time you prestige your base capacity increases a bit so you can add and refine traps, guards, etc to try and increase your kills or make it more appealing.

Edited by bobthecrazydog