Trophy thoughts?

GMVehox

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.4.2023 at 8:05 PM, Yoey_666 said:

Devs on Twitter told me that there are no missable trophies:

Are we sure about this?

Are all of the enemies needed for the bestiary available at every time? I just fought this Gorgon boss lady and all of a sudden she dropped her hair snakes on me. I killed one of it before i killed the boss and it registered in the bestiary. What if you miss this little "hair-snake"? Where could you get another one?

17 minutes ago, SG_Pfa said:

Are we sure about this?

Are all of the enemies needed for the bestiary available at every time? I just fought this Gorgon boss lady and all of a sudden she dropped her hair snakes on me. I killed one of it before i killed the boss and it registered in the bestiary. What if you miss this little "hair-snake"? Where could you get another one?

That you should ask the devs, not me.

• 2 weeks later...

This game is fucking garbage.  The ground slam move doesn't fucking work and does so completely inconsistently.  I don't know if there is an issue with the animation timing or what, but no matter what I did, I couldn't use it consistently, which is important as there are sections of the game that require its use and I am unable to use the fucking move consistently.  Hopefully it gets fixed in a future patch, but at this point I feel like I wasted my money as badly as I did when I bought that awful Secret of Mana remake. 

I vociferously recommend avoiding this fucking game.

• Haha 1

On 5/20/2023 at 1:00 AM, LordBilbanes said:

This game is fucking garbage.  The ground slam move doesn't fucking work and does so completely inconsistently.  I don't know if there is an issue with the animation timing or what, but no matter what I did, I couldn't use it consistently, which is important as there are sections of the game that require its use and I am unable to use the fucking move consistently.  Hopefully it gets fixed in a future patch, but at this point I feel like I wasted my money as badly as I did when I bought that awful Secret of Mana remake. 

The game is incredible and I'm gonna keep recommending it. I've played 20 hours but I've yet to get the ground slam move though.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 1

I've platted it and could use the downwards slam consistently. There were a few times where it didn't trigger when I expected it to but not to the point where I thought it was inconsistent. 

Really nice Metroidvania though, graphics are outstanding! 

• Like 1

I think I might be misconstruing moves.  The move I am having an issue with is the downward stabbing jump you get when you unlock the double jump.  That is the move that I have a problem with.  When standing in place it works fine, but any sort of lateral movement has me tearing out my hair in frustration as it doesn't trigger consistently.

On 2023. 05. 25. at 11:03 PM, LordBilbanes said:

I think I might be misconstruing moves.  The move I am having an issue with is the downward stabbing jump you get when you unlock the double jump.  That is the move that I have a problem with.  When standing in place it works fine, but any sort of lateral movement has me tearing out my hair in frustration as it doesn't trigger consistently.

Check your controller. Maybe it has some drift, and messing up the input. I have no problems so far, and have done some hard parts with it.

• 1 month later...
On 20.5.2023 at 7:00 AM, LordBilbanes said:

My man has 2 trophies in the game only plays the easiest games you can find on the market( Nothing wrong with that, play what you like) but maybe don't go around making false accusations for an indie gem like this that many more people should play just because you're bad at the game.Maybe if you gave the game a proper try you would get accustomed to the controls. People like complaining on the internet way too quickly, unbelievable.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 6/29/2023 at 4:53 PM, TIReckoningIT said:

My man has 2 trophies in the game only plays the easiest games you can find on the market( Nothing wrong with that, play what you like) but maybe don't go around making false accusations for an indie gem like this that many more people should play just because you're bad at the game.Maybe if you gave the game a proper try you would get accustomed to the controls. People like complaining on the internet way too quickly, unbelievable.

101% agreed, started this game last week and can`t stop playing it i am at 20 hours now and it`s one of the most on point metroidvanias since Blasphemous and Hollow Knight. Graphic wise AND gameplay wise an absolute dream. Many more should play this i hope so much the game and the devs get the attention it deserves. 

18 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

101% agreed, started this game last week and can`t stop playing it i am at 20 hours now and it`s one of the most on point metroidvanias since Blasphemous and Hollow Knight. Graphic wise AND gameplay wise an absolute dream. Many more should play this i hope so much the game and the devs get the attention it deserves. 

Very true, I'm a huge metroidvania fan and this might be my favorite one right after Hollow Knight. Isn't the hardest game out there but hey not every game has to be bonecrushingly difficult( Looking at the HK pantheons..) I only have very minor and nitpicky complaints with the game like it not having a minimap despite being MASSIVE and the trophy progression having a big nothing in the midgame but the amount of content and the amazing visuals/soundtrack are near unmatched in that genre. Deserves way more attention, can't wait for the next game from that devteam.

• 2 months later...

Just wrapped this one up and I ended up liking it a lot. The art is fantastic, the combat was fun with lots of different weapons and talents, and exploration was really rewarded. The map is huge and there always seemed to be something new to find if you just poked around. I will say the story was near incomprehensible (partially due to translation errors I think) but in the end I just rolled with it and it was fine. 😁

Also, demajen's map (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IBFGLjytEi6ApCBhI6ir6duuIU78Meg2) made the experience so much better. Never would had done the plat without it.