trophy thoughts

spieleruber222

On 18/4/2023 at 8:37 AM, Valyrious said:

A whole new generation of gamers get to understand and appreciate one of the greatest villains in gaming history. Kefka is a true pioneer.

Thank you! I am! ?

I will get this plat for a yet to be decided milestone, best ff ever!!!

• Like 2

It's available on PSN now, just bought the bundle myself. It comes with a lot of avatars neat. Although I couldn't see the bundle version on my console's PSN store so I checked the website and it's up there.

Edited by PostGameBlues

On 4/18/2023 at 4:23 AM, Alayaes said:

Don't forget that these remasters come with a map that shows how many chests there are left in any given area. This will help prevent you from advancing prior to finding all the items.

What a handy feature! That's great news! These are going to be so much more playable than their SNES/NES counterparts, especially with being able to turn off Random Battles.

[EDIT: Played through this back in the 90s. Glorious game, little nervous about collecting all treasures though!]

Edited by tranquility101
Kupi Kupo

The game that got me to love JRPGS since I played it on SNES back in 94. I can't wait to reexperience it again on the TV in all it's glory.

Be aware there is a lot of missables from enemies, chests and Blue Magic. Best to use a good guide or wait for one to be posted on here.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 1:45 PM, Taruta13 said:

So it looks like you can buy the whole collection but they'll just download the game separately, so I will probably just buy the games separately as I will probably not be platinuming each title within a month. xD

I wouldn't cause together they are like 75 dollars American and buying separately to get them all it's nearly 100 dollars so 25+ more

18 hours ago, meotwist2 said:

I am using this guide right now:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=576830786

but it seems the bestiary numbers are different on my PS4 version, unless I’m missing something?

This guide is for old discontinued steam version of FF VI. Use another one:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2762645480

Edited by sshirogumi
  • Like 3

When I thought i finally got the platinum I realized I had yet to discover every location in the game... and theres not really any guide for that.

I guess Ill have to do a 2nd playthrough :(

Edit: Okay for this trophy you can discover places in diferent saves. I Just went back to a World of balance save i had, went to a grey spot and the trophy unlocked. 

First time I played FF 6 and I loved it, cant wait to try 5 next

Edited by MiguelStein
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MiguelStein said:

When I thought i finally got the platinum I realized I had yet to discover every location in the game... and theres not really any guide for that.

I guess Ill have to do a 2nd playthrough :(

Edit: Okay for this trophy you can discover places in diferent saves. I Just went back to a World of balance save i had, went to a grey spot and the trophy unlocked. 

First time I played FF 6 and I loved it, cant wait to try 5 next

A Grey spot?

On 24/4/2023 at 5:43 AM, CaptainJeff87 said:

First time playing FF6 and the guide says it's recommended to hold off on opening chests until later in the game to get better gear but isn't there the potential to miss out on chests if you hold off and aren't able to go back to it? 

Thats only to get a secret weapon or something like that. I can only tell you that theres a TON of missable chests. If you fail to get only one in every place you go you will lose that trophy.

So happy this is released with Trophies, one of my favorite games, I was a Junior in high school when it came out for the SNES. People don't realize, this game was $79.99 when first released in 1994 in North America, that's why I laugh whenever I see people complain about a decent price for a game. I've played it countless of times, especially when the saves always used to get deleted, especially if you blew in the cartridge, had to start over, didn't care either way. I knew this game and every secret by heart and it's coming back to me while playing now.

Edited by Nitemares-----

On 4/22/2023 at 3:41 PM, sshirogumi said:

This guide is for old discontinued steam version of FF VI. Use another one:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2762645480

Thanks for heads up mate I'm gonna start the game soon and almost started using the wrong guide, just to be sure but the PS4 has the same list right? Thanks a bunch.