Hidden Summons + Adamant Armor & Missables

DexTepa

On 4/18/2023 at 11:10 AM, MagusCreed said:

I was pretty keen on getting these Platinums but holy moly, getting Adamant armor and all the rare summon drops is bonkers.  

I have never in my probably 20ish times beating this game been able to get a pink tail to drop, so this'll be interesting. 

Farmed it a bunch on the SNES, the PSP, and PS1 versions but gave up after a while on each.  Out of all of these remasters IV is the one I want the platinum on the most, so we'll see how that turns out.  Maybe my luck will finally change for the better.

Unless the drop rates for the secret summons have been buffed, I'm not going for this Platinum. I remember grinding for 25 hours before Mindflayer finally dropped back when I was a teen, but I don't really have time for that shit now that I'm almost forty.

I have the plat. The drop rates are either significantly improved or I was unbelievably lucky. Never played the PC/Mobile versions so I don't know how this compares.

My drop rates were:

Summons

Goblin - I ended with 47 but I got this in my second encounter of the entire game right outside Baron

Cockatrice - 60               Mt. Hobbs by save point on I think the second screen

Mind Flayer - 44           Used sirens one step inside Magnetic Cavern

Dark Grenade, Balloon - 63, 27      Used West Lunar Passage

Pink Tail

Flan Princess - 20       Two sirens initially and decided to come back later. Got it on 4th siren used the second time in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VegaTheGreat said:

Can you confirm that Sirens/ Alarms are purchasable in the console versions and that you don't have to grind for 198 of them on that missable enemy?

Yes you can buy them eventually.

Spoiler

You can buy them from the Hummingway location on the Moon for 3000 each. I bought a full stack end game and didn't even use half of them before getting all the drops needed for trophies.

Edited by DQDQDQ

You guys got really lucky then. Each secret summon drop took me around 1 hr+, with Mindflayer taking more than 90 minutes or so. For the pink tail it took me one hour as well (killed like 200+ flan princesses). With that being said, the grind is definitely easier on this version. The fact that you can buy Sirens alone from Hummingway is already a godsend. 

I got the shaft with Mindflayer earlier lol. Got an hourglass item from them which is their 4th (ultra rare) drop. Seems in this version Mindflayer summon (Goblin too), has been bumped from 4th to 3rd drops. If I was playing any other version I would have got it.

Oh well I guess that's what the sirens are for later. ?

Edited by Caldor2K2

On 4/18/2023 at 10:10 AM, MagusCreed said:

I was pretty keen on getting these Platinums but holy moly, getting Adamant armor and all the rare summon drops is bonkers.  

It took me 2 hours using Sirens to summon the 5x Flan Princess fight for every battle to get that damn drop.  

5 hours ago, DragoonBilly said:

It took me 2 hours using Sirens to summon the 5x Flan Princess fight for every battle to get that damn drop.  

2 hours isn't so bad. I remember trying to get it in the non siren buying versions and sometimes it took 2 hours to fight them once.

On 4/21/2023 at 4:04 AM, DQDQDQ said:

I have the plat. The drop rates are either significantly improved or I was unbelievably lucky. Never played the PC/Mobile versions so I don't know how this compares.

My drop rates were:

Summons

Goblin - I ended with 47 but I got this in my second encounter of the entire game right outside Baron

Cockatrice - 60               Mt. Hobbs by save point on I think the second screen

Mind Flayer - 44           Used sirens one step inside Magnetic Cavern

Dark Grenade, Balloon - 63, 27      Used West Lunar Passage

Pink Tail

Flan Princess - 20       Two sirens initially and decided to come back later. Got it on 4th siren used the second time in there.

Summons

Goblin - 3

Cockatrice - 3

Mind Flayer - 3

Dark Grenade, Balloon - 10

Pink Tail

Flan Princess - I lost count, 3h

I also encountered the Mech thing in 1 after 10mins and the Iron Giant in 2 as my first encounter. What was the difficult one in 3, don't remember the name, but that was also in a 10min timeframe.

It seems my luck finally ran out.

I've always been lucky with this kind of thing. When I went to farm the Crusader enchant in WoW with a droprate of 0.1% or something I got it in 2006 after 1h and in Classic in 2019 after my 3rd mob lol

Edited by Demortuus
Updated timeframe for Pink Tail

3 hours ago, Demortuus said:

Summons

Goblin - 3

Cockatrice - 3

Mind Flayer - 3

Dark Grenade, Balloon - 10

Pink Tail

Flan Princess - I lost count, 3h

I also encountered the Mech thing in 1 after 10mins and the Iron Giant in 2 as my first encounter. What was the difficult one in 3, don't remember the name, but that was also in a 10min timeframe.

It seems my luck finally ran out.

I've always been lucky with this kind of thing. When I went to farm the Crusader enchant in WoW with a droprate of 0.1% or something I got it in 2006 after 1h and in Classic in 2019 after my 3rd mob lol

Same here, got everything in a few fights... until I had to farm Pink Tails... used 50+ alarms.

well with quick save, farming should not use too many items. I remember farming for the 3D remake on pc, and I used to use a few alarms, if nothing dropped, just reload the quick save.

I suspected the drops had been boosted, just looking at the %s for the trophies. Shouldn't be too hard.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I got sort of lucky with these? I already had Goblin and Bomb from just playing normal battles during the story. Have had them since the first like 3-5 hours, without any farming. So that’s half done already.

I tried Mindflayer for a few mins last night, 38 sirens, didn’t get anything. Will try again later.

Edit: Got Mindflayer on my 99th siren (reloading save method)

Edit 2: Got cockatrice with about 20-25 sirens, I lost count. All done.

Edited by Veritas7Ax