This platinum is ridiculously INSANE!

6 hours ago, k0edb said:

I particularly hated rdr2. I loved rdr1 but 2, too much unecessary realism in my opinion, like the horse dying hitting a small Stone. The character is heavy. Many side missions and missions and now that im old, im not a fan of american history. I just went to the platinum because my wife opened it in my account, it was the most boring 300 hours i spent in a game

Nice work, wife! 🤣

• Haha 2

Alot of people are conflating him saying not to platinum the game as don't play the game at all. They also can't seem to seperate the quality of the game with the quality of the trophy list. A game can be both a masterpiece and have an awful, don't respect your time trophy list.

The other guy was right though. Trophies are bad for your health.

• Like 1

I think OP not only wanted to warn people about the requirements for platinum, but also wanted to get attention and respect for his achievements.

But I don't know whether you should be more proud of - a painful platinum experience or an entertaining fun experience regardless of difficulty or length.

RDR2 is a game that i wish i have platinum for. I am new to all this platinum hunting and played the game but didn’t grind for platinum 😕 I was just enjoying in everything. Maybe one day i go on for the platinum also, but as many of you guys said this is one of the best games there is so if you want platinum or not just play it and take your time 👌

Edited by CracK061196
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

RDR2 is a very overrated game imo, but… the plat is hardly insane. Just a brief online grind and then doing most of what the game has to offer. It’s not like it requires all gold medals or every random encounter or whatever done. It’s a pretty fair and well rounded trophy list overall so idk what this topic is for.

29 minutes ago, ElektrickRage said:

You must have really bad maths with that ratio you pulled out. Nothing like you described. I hope it bothers you and makes you mad! I can have what I wish on my profile. Its called boosting you nut. Go cry to daddy about it.

Frogo requires boosting?

This thread can probably get closed since its devolved into a two way goading-fest. [ Edit: Posts were removed. Let's keep it civil. ] 

@ElektrickRage  Constructive criticism here : If you want to warn people about a grind, then do just that. 

However, suggesting to people that they shouldn't start a game (for any reason) is implying how they have to think, and as such, that they'll automatically hate the platinum journey. People don't like being told if they'll enjoy an experience.

E.g. Some people don't care about grinds if the game is good enough, or might play the game differently by taking in and enjoying the environment while naturally getting trophies, or won't "feel" the grind because they just love the game that much. Some people may even agree 100% with your criticisms but still think it's worth the time.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 3

Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the greatest games ever made, and while its platinum is a grind, I think it's worth it. I don't have the platinum, but one day I plan to return to it and try to get it. Amazing game.

I cannot stand multiplayer trophies in a single player game, however. One day, this plat may be unobtainable for people because the servers are shut down, and that sucks, man. 

Edited by AlonMercer
  • Like 1

This is one of my proudest platinums and I enjoyed every second of it. My son started this game on my account and when I decided to be a completionist, I knew what had to be done. I did everything as I played the story just soaking in the beauty and perfection of this masterpiece of a game. I would stop to do the random tasks, study animals, catch fish, etc. and I was able to complete everything naturally without much grind. I even got the Legend of the East outfit for Arthur by doing herbalist 9 using a carriage from Saint Denis to avoid the invisible sniper. Arthur deserved to wear it. My son starting this game on my account was truly a blessing in disguise and it made me the trophy hunter I am today. The MP trophies weren't too bad either. I never needed to boost any of them. Maybe I was just lucky. Anyways, everyone owes it to themselves to play this game.

• Like 1