This platinum is ridiculously INSANE!

your a bit late half the world already complained about these same things when it came out. it took me i think 2 months straight and every single thing you said was spot on. the worst was the mp trying to grind that out while everyone else was trying to kill me to take the grind spots. and then some of the animals would never appear ever. i think it took me 3 real days to find the last animal. and also the challenges were a nightmare for me as well. i think playstation said i put in around 400 hours at the end of the year on it. it was worth it and i took my time but the mp, the animal, and i think it was the stupid flowers you got to collect really made me leave the game with a hatred

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I will say you did go about grinding level 50 in the most unefficient way possible.  I did the treasure hunting role and knocked it out in a few sessions.

From what I've been told from friends who've played the game, only the gold medals are a problem,  the hunting wasn't too bad.

wasnt there a helpful trick to the gold medals. i think if you re did them during the story youd have more ammo or something i forget. and i think they might of did a patch. all i remember is i had to redo them afterwards and it really sucked and was harder. but honestly im shit at games. if i can finish it anyone can

Took me almost 400 hours to get this plat and you know what? If they released a PS5 version of the game I'd do it all over again!

Yes the MP kinda blows, but the game is fantastic and I was happy to get to spend so much time with it. Just gotta be patient and enjoy the ride, partner!

• Like 4

I've been playing for 200 hours so far, and the only part which actually felt a bit grindy so far were the exotic requests. A few gold medals early on were a bit annoying with the long horse rides and hard objectives with bad deadeye level, but if you're only going for the trophy you can easily skip missions like those. 

Did you save everything for the endgame? If so I can imagine getting quite burned out by it; I've been doing my hunting and challenges in between main missions, and just letting myself be immersed in the game world. Really glad I played this now, I was kinda doubtful seeing as I really didn't like the direction Rockstar went in with GTA5. A benefit of playing it in 2023 is not only the 2019 patch which made the replays way easier, but also that the game is extremely well-documented; it's easy to find guides for all the gold medals (these should be cross-checked as well - some labeled as hard in one is not in another), as well as good spawn points for the animals.

...the downside of that is that for some reason people want to comment about the ending in gold medal vids for chapter 2. ? But I guess that's my thing to get the ending spoiled in RDR games; for the original one it happened through an non-spoiler-marked topic on the GameFAQs forums. 

• Like 1

I don't see why you would discourage people to platinum one of the best games on the ps4? Sure it is tedious - but also very enjoyeable, i had 0 issues going for the platinum.

Also for grinding to lvl 50, Rockstar has added the collector role and makes a significant difference to when i did it on release.

I wouldn't even mind a PS5 version to redo everything from scratch.

Edited by Jason-DFG
  • Like 1

Honestly this game was one of my favourites all time. Yeah it took forever to complete it, I still need like 10 gold medals for platinum but I paused the game just to enjoy it all again when I get back to it.

There were some frustrating times while looking for 100% completing, especially with some grindy challenges #blackjack, but gosh I'd love to rediscover this masterpiece like the first time! Time consuming platinum, but so much pride to get this done as well! Reading your post kind of convinced me to get back at it as soon as I'm done with Horizon Forbidden West haha

• Like 1