Renaissance Man trophy unobtainable. (FIXED)

TheGreaterMoose

On 8/6/2023 at 1:57 PM, POEman553 said:

In Ubisoft Discord, someone else posted a response that Far Cry 4 is no longer being supported and they will not issue a fix. So I'm cautious about any fix being incoming.

Maybe we should post Yves Guillemot's phone number and email and ask the boss directly to fix it (I'm kidding and not suggesting to do that, but Ubisoft support and anyone actually doing anything is not working).

The responses you get from the Ubi customer service reps are all over the place.

Here is what the Support Team posted on Discord:

Our latest update from our teams regarding this issue, reads as follows,

"We are aware of a recent issue where players are unable to connect to any multiplayer match type, except Over Run, in Battle of Kyrat, Far Cry 4.

We are investigating this issue now and we understand it may be affecting several platforms, thank you"

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I read this is obtainable, but it will come with a cost making us buy DLC for the fix, which is a joke in itself if it's true.

Never mind, people have already tried buying the DLC called OVERRUN as it's doing the rounds saying that's what fixes matchmaking, but some people in the Discord have said it does not work.

Edited by TheRetroManiac
wrong information

1 hour ago, TheRetroManiac said:

So I read this is obtainable, but it will come with a cost making us buy DLC for the fix, which is a joke in itself if it's true.

Never mind, people have already tried buying the DLC called OVERRUN as it's doing the rounds saying that's what fixes matchmaking, but some people in the Discord have said it does not work.

I think it will stop the game from crashing (not sure though) but there's no way to change game mode.

Edited by alien713

Yeah, I actually contacted the guy myself. He says he did some method where he grouped up with 5 others who had already unlocked the trophy in the past, and that they all had the same NAT Type as the requirements. Lastly, the guy mentioned how he joined the match in the last moments, which certainly leaves a bit to the imagination on how exactly his method works. But browsing through his profile he looks like a legit player through and through, so I'm going to take his word that whatever he did worked.

• Like 1

I have been trying the last few days. On my PS5 it would tell me this mode is currently unavailable. On my PS4 it would allow me to go Play a Top Rated Map and get "Community Surprise" Trophy.

Battle of Kyrat mode crashed a couple of times but like someone above mentioned if you download OVERRUN DLC (for me it was free) I got excited as i was able to join a lobby using quick join function and there was 5 players waiting in the lobby. We waited about 30 min but they all started leaving so i don't know if the mode is actually working or not.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 9:05 AM, CristianX-97 said:

Yeah, I actually contacted the guy myself. He says he did some method where he grouped up with 5 others who had already unlocked the trophy in the past, and that they all had the same NAT Type as the requirements. Lastly, the guy mentioned how he joined the match in the last moments, which certainly leaves a bit to the imagination on how exactly his method works. But browsing through his profile he looks like a legit player through and through, so I'm going to take his word that whatever he did worked.

I love how when anyone actually spends their time trying to find workarounds and they manage to work, 99% of the people on here immediately doubt and grab the pitchforks. You guys are insane sometimes lol it's mind blowing. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, illninoese said:

I love how when anyone actually spends their time trying to find workarounds and they manage to work, 99% of the people on here immediately doubt and grab the pitchforks. You guys are insane sometimes lol it's mind blowing. 

That is because you are not seeing what went down in the Discord, so yeah not everything has been posted in this thread, but it is all on Discord where the latest earner said he had paid $10 for somebody to do it for him, and he said it was safe and encouraged others to do it in which naturally it was met with lots of people saying no.

Edit: So 2 new earners on the PS3 version and the guy that did pay for it has reappeared on the PS4 achievers list.

Edited by TheRetroManiac
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigE1286 said:

I'm a bit confused now. Did he actually find a workaround that is viable for everyone or did he get someone to pop the trophy for him? I don't know anything about cheating trophies in and I'm not interested, just curious what actually happened. 

The person you're referring to is a confirmed cheat who paid someone to hack his save for him so he could get the trophy without actually earning it. There is no legitimate way to earn this trophy until Ubisoft get off their lazy backsides, pull their thumbs out and actually fix the root cause of the stability problems.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The person you're referring to is a confirmed cheat who paid for someone to hack his save for them so he could get the trophy without actually earning it. There is no legitimate way to earn this trophy until Ubisoft get off their lazy backsides, pull their thumbs out and actually fix the root cause of the stability problems.

So pitchforks were justified, thanks for clarifying. ✌️

Come on Ubisoft, considering you're still selling the game, get your shit together and work on that easy fix, please. 🙏

• Like 1

18 hours ago, illninoese said:

If they found a workaround, why not record it? It's easy to do on PS4/PS5. Of course people are doubtful since no one is giving any proof or detailed instructions.

Edited by alien713
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone me and a guy on Discord have decided to make a discord server about this trophy/achievement, the idea is we want to get anybody that needs it or even those that have it but want to help. One person makes a tweet and then as we are all in the chat everybody can flood into Twitter and upvote it repost get it as popular as we can on the Ubisoft Support account and if they see it's not just one person asking for a fix, and It's for example been upvoted 100 times they might take it more seriously and potentially fix it. Anything is worth a shot at this point. Add J4CK_10 on Discord as a friend, and he will invite you to the server page, cheers.

Discord is https://discord.gg/Kv7RaASkQx

Edited by TheRetroManiac

10 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Hey everyone me and a guy on Discord have decided to make a discord server about this trophy/achievement, the idea is we want to get anybody that needs it or even those that have it but want to help. One person makes a tweet and then as we are all in the chat everybody can flood into Twitter and upvote it repost get it as popular as we can on the Ubisoft Support account and if they see it's not just one person asking for a fix, and It's for example been upvoted 100 times they might take it more seriously and potentially fix it. Anything is worth a shot at this point. Add J4CK_10 on Discord as a friend, and he will invite you to the server page, cheers.

Discord is https://discord.gg/Kv7RaASkQx

I joined the Discord but i don't think there are nearly enough people out there to force Ubisoft via Twitter. Unless there are thousands of people liking and retweeting, opening tickets should always be the more productive way, at least imo. 

Like i said, i joined and i'm open for everything, but i personally think we also should slowly get used to the fact that they might never patch it. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BigE1286 said:

I joined the Discord but i don't think there are nearly enough people out there to force Ubisoft via Twitter. Unless there are thousands of people liking and retweeting, opening tickets should always be the more productive way, at least imo. 

Like i said, i joined and i'm open for everything, but i personally think we also should slowly get used to the fact that they might never patch it. 

Yeah, I know it's a very long shot and most likely will not work, but it's worth a go-to build up as many people as we can and see where it goes. It just sucks, missing series completion for something as simple as this trophy in Far Cry 4 because Ubisoft don't want to get off their backsides and fix it. I'm starting to jump on other posts on their Twitter like when Rainbow Six Siege has server problem they replied on there but nothing we haven't heard before, but that's only me posting it without any support but like I said it's a long shot but i wanna at least try to say we tried all possible ways.

Thank you for getting in touch. We are aware of the issues occurring with the multiplayer modes for Far Cry 4 and this is under investigation.

• Like 1