Renaissance Man trophy unobtainable. (FIXED)

TheGreaterMoose

On 10/23/2023 at 11:56 PM, Saiko-Senpai94 said:

Its sad to see this happen right after i was starting to go for the plat. Im following this thread for a while now and its always the same answer from Ubisoft. I hope they are really working on this and its not just some marketing answer.

When I platted FC3 (not to long ago) I looked for the FC4 trophy guide, it’s a good job I did and seen this thread. I ended up skipping FC4 and went straight for FC5 platinum, got that plat and now onto 6, however assassins creed mirage took priority. Will get back onto 6 after mirage. I doubt they’ll fix FC4 since the game is ancient, but we can only hope.

2 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

When I platted FC3 (not to long ago) I looked for the FC4 trophy guide, it’s a good job I did and seen this thread. I ended up skipping FC4 and went straight for FC5 platinum, got that plat and now onto 6, however assassins creed mirage took priority. Will get back onto 6 after mirage. I doubt they’ll fix FC4 since the game is ancient, but we can only hope.

Should have checked before as well, but a friend meant its still doable. Couple of weeks later i started it and i didnt bother checking again, which i should have.

One can only hope now that they are really fixing it.

Edited by Saiko-Senpai94
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Saiko-Senpai94 said:

Should have checked before as well, but a friend meant its still doable. Couple of weeks later i startet it and i didnt bother checking again, which i should have.

One can only hope now that they are really fixing it.

If they do, I’ll jump straight on it to get those online trophies before anything else happens. 

8 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:
  Hide contents

Hello RetroManiac!

Thank you for reaching out to us, we apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We value your patience and appreciate the effort you've taken to contact us.  

If you continue to experience issues, you can re-open this ticket, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.  

If you no longer require assistance for your issue, please feel free to ignore this message.

Kind regards,
Ubisoft Support
------------------------------------------------------------

Hey RetroManiac,

Thanks for replying and for updating us about your concern. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through all the support cases that are sent to us.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues in regard to the Far Cry 4 multiplayer.

We are aware of an issue affecting players from being unable to connect to any other multiplayer match type, except Over Run, in the Battle of Kyrat game mode.

We understand this can be frustrating, but rest assured this matter has been forwarded to the responsible team for further investigation.

If there is anything else you need, feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,

Ubi-Shark
Ubisoft Support

Hello RetroManiac,

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft support.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues in regards to the Far Cry 4 multiplayer.

We are aware of an issue affecting players from being unable to connect to any other multiplayer match type, except Over Run, in the Battle of Kyrat game mode.

We understand this can be frustrating, but rest assured this matter has been forwarded to the responsible team for further investigation.

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us at any time!

Best regards,
Ubi-MrTambourine
Ubisoft support

Hello RetroManiac,

My name is Ubi-Panzerjager and I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Thank you for reaching back to us, and we are sorry that you are still experiencing connectivity issue with multiplayer in Far Cry 4, no worries! Let me continue providing assistance!

We have escalated your case for further review. We ask that you refrain from responding to this thread in the meantime as we await for a response from the team to prevent the case from being returned back to the regular queue.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Best regards,
Ubi-Panzerjager
Ubisoft Support
----------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

As mentioned, this is being worked on by our Far Cry team at the best possible pace, but it has proven to be a persistent issue, and a solution that resolves the problem for all players affected by this has so far not been found and implemented.

As I am sure you are aware, modern games are incredibly complex, especially being played on multiple different platforms, so sometimes resolving these issues can take a little time.

I am also aware this is not something you would wish to hear, but we will need to ask for your patience on this for a little longer. We do hope to have this resolved soon.

If there is anything else we can assist with, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,

Finn

Ubisoft Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support.

I sincerely apologize for the delayed response. We have been extremely busy as of late and are working to answer all the support cases that are coming in.

We are very sorry for any trouble this issue has caused you.

We have received your request for issues in multiplayer only being able to connect to overrun

We have escalated this further to concerned game team.

Irrespective of case being closed, your ticket will be investigated

We request your patience in the meantime

Thanks and Regards,
Ubi-Sybil
Ubisoft support

Dear Player,

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support. My name is Ubi-Spy, and I would be assisting you today with your Far Cry 4 online services issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. As previously advised, the issue is currently under investigation, and we do not have any news to share at the moment. We recommend keeping an eye on our official support page or social media for any updates regarding the issue.

In the meantime, we suggest trying to play offline to avoid the crash or selecting other game modes that do not cause your game to crash.

Regarding the Renaissance Man Trophy Achievement, please ensure that you have completed all necessary prerequisites before attempting to obtain it. You can also try to retrace your steps or contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thanks & Regards,
Ubi-Spy

---------------------------------------------------

Hi there

We would like to assure you this issue for Far Cry 4 is under investigation, and we ask to kindly remain patience while the appropriate team works on a fix, please. We do not have a timeline on when it will be fixed, but we can assure you that the correct team is on the case for it.

If you have any other question or concerns, please do let us know.

Kind regards,
Ubi-SamesJulliva
Ubisoft Support

---------------------------------------------------

Ubisoft Support

Which reply is your favourite, I have been documenting them in our Discord server to see how much they change things up in the replies etc.

They don’t have a timeline on when this will be fixed? I highly doubt this is gonna be fixed at all. :( 

Another shit reply after waiting a month and not hearing anything I followed up with oh consider me shocked it's been a month and no reply, and then I get a generic as fuck response. A few people have asked me why I have given up its shit like this, some of these replies feel like BOTS, not humans.

Hello RetroManiac!

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support. We apologize for the delay in our response and for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are currently experiencing high case volumes and are working to address any continued issues. If you are still experiencing your issue, please follow up with us here and we will be glad to assist. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve your issue. If no further assistance is needed, feel free to ignore this message and your case will be automatically closed in 4 days. Kind regards, Ubisoft Support

Hi RetroManiac, thanks for contacting Ubisoft Support!  I understand that you're having issues with connecting to Far Cry 4 servers.  No worries, let me assist! For this matter, we would like for you to attempt to play offline and see if you are able to enter the game. Once you are in, try to connect again. I hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance. All the best, Ubi-Astra Ubisoft Support

OK I think this one tops them all, I am in disbelief this cannot be a fucking HUMAN at this point they know damn well their servers are not working, and they tell me to do this OK then lol.

Edited by TheRetroManiac
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

I think these replies just get worse and worse, like seriously!

Unfortunately that's a typical braindead customer service reply, from someone who has minimal training and only a basic hint sheet in front of them so has zero clue what what you're on about or how to fix it :(. The common sense approach, would be to automatically escalate the report so someone with more experience can handle it but unfortunately, these customer service people have almost no common sense so that rarely happens :(.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, ryuzakix5 said:

I have a friend in Ubisoft Newcastle, and obviously she doesn't know shit about Far Cry 4 issues 🤣 nor does she know about a fix or if there will ever be a fix.

With this answer it is confirmation that these trash who only have money as an unhealthy obsession will do nothing and don't care at all.... It's like for Garden warfar 2, They are removing game modes which were linked to the DLC trophies and are never returned... It will be the same for fyr cry 4...

5 hours ago, ryuzakix5 said:

I have a friend in Ubisoft Newcastle, and obviously she doesn't know shit about Far Cry 4 issues 🤣 nor does she know about a fix or if there will ever be a fix.

But how is this even possible? I mean is it like:  „okay this game is out now never check it ever again or look for tweets about our „old“ Games?“

Why don't they just shut the server down and end this headache even though i really want them to fix it but from what i've seen since May 2023 till now is that they either don't know don't care and even if they do they won't bother, so our only hope is that the server fix itself by itself.

But let's look at few past cases here, 007 Bloodstone it had a bug and then the server got fixed, i highly doubt Activision even bothered, same thing with Far Cry 2.

And do you guys believe that Ubisoft fixed Splinter Cell Blacklist ? it was broken for a long time and suddenly it came back but i don't know who or what fixed it ?

So maybe it's not 100% impossible for FC 4 to be fixed only god knows 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

In this case, Ubisoft simply doesn't care. Blacklist and the other games getting revived was a mistake on Ubisoft's part so shouldn't have happened, therefore all the revived games should be regarded as ticking time bombs waiting to go off, because the next time they go offline, it will be forever. The FC2 and 4 problems are fixable, it's just a matter of manpower, resources and money, none of which Ubisoft care to use on either game.

It's a joke company, no wonder why so many people making fun of them and i was wondering until i saw that myself when every single time i try to boost a Ubisoft game (of course with online) i have issues connecting with others, in addition to the games that die out of nowhere like FC 2,4 and Blacklist.

I had issues connecting with my boosting partners in both Watch Dogs games and now Assassin's Creed Unity so i ended up doing them legit and even that is a struggle to find randoms.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 7:08 PM, MrTacos98 said:

Ubisoft has to be the worst AAA developer ever. Even Activision and EA aren't this incompetent when it comes to this stuff. Their customer support is staffed with morons. They just give you the run around when you ask them for help. And they still have never fixed the bugged trophy in The Crew almost 10 years later. My friend is locked out of that platinum because of it and has not been able to get his account reset. I think they just need to be banned from making any more online games.

Yeah. Not to mention some games randomly going back online and offline. AC Rev and AC III went back online after the shutdown and Far Cry 2 just keeps being offline and online

• Like 1