Renaissance Man trophy unobtainable. (FIXED)

TheGreaterMoose

5 minutes ago, AsTr0-_-Ag3nT said:

It says that 2 people have gotten the trophy within this month so I am assuming that the problem has been fixed. If anyone can confirm that then i would appreciate it.

Those players are hackers/cheats who need reporting - the MP servers are still not working properly, as confirmed yesterday by @CristianX-97 so there's currently no way to legitimately earn the affected trophies.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

It's a shame, it's been almost 5 months since the error of this trophy and multiplayer in general, although Ubisoft is still being notified, there are few relevant responses.

Hope went from waiting weeks with information to months with little or no information.

Unfortunately we are still in the same situation, just keep waiting :(

• Like 2

There might have been some movement here: now, when trying to find a match, it does no longer put you in an Overrun lobby. It just keeps searching. I've tried a couple of times in the past few days, and it's only personal experience, of course it could be nothing. But if it's something, I hope it means they're working on it. 

1 hour ago, claud_inc said:

There might have been some movement here: now, when trying to find a match, it does no longer put you in an Overrun lobby. It just keeps searching. I've tried a couple of times in the past few days, and it's only personal experience, of course it could be nothing. But if it's something, I hope it means they're working on it. 

My game is still force closing when searching. Might just be that they're either fixing or preparing to shut it down. Most likely the latter given how old the game is but hopefully a fix! 

7 hours ago, AronJ3197 said:

My game is still force closing when searching. Might just be that they're either fixing or preparing to shut it down. Most likely the latter given how old the game is but hopefully a fix! 

They would have to announce a shutdown not just close it. After the 2021 fiasco where they tried to close various games without warning, they won't do it again. The backlash was so severe they revoked their decision and claimed it was server maintenance despite adding all the games they shut down for a week or 2 to a sunset list, and auto replying to emails with 'servers for these titles have been sunset and are no longer supported'.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

They would have to announce a shutdown not just close it. After the 2021 fiasco where they tried to close various games without warning, they won't do it again. The backlash was so severe they revoked their decision and claimed it was server maintenance despite adding all the games they shut down for a week or 2 to a sunset list, and auto replying to emails with 'servers for these titles have been sunset and are no longer supported'.

Hope you're right, but what does our EULA state for these titles? Back on the PS3 they were required a 90 day public disclose of some kind. Nowadays the terms and conditions seem to allow for instant and sudden discontinuation at the discretion of the publisher.

Even if they announce a shutdown they probably won't fix it would be my guess, of course I would love for them to do it, so I can get this game done and actually have a series completion. Hard to say what searching and searching now means maybe the servers have got worse, and now we are at this stage and an announcement will happen before the year is out.

8 hours ago, Moostache7 said:

Hope you're right, but what does our EULA state for these titles? Back on the PS3 they were required a 90 day public disclose of some kind. Nowadays the terms and conditions seem to allow for instant and sudden discontinuation at the discretion of the publisher.

The EULAs haven't changed but these days, devs and publishers treat them more as optional "Guidelines" instead of hard and fast rules so often ignore them since no penalties are enforced for screwing people over with near instant shutdowns.

• Like 4

I'm in the official Ubisoft discord and people have started spamming the same message to at least get some reaction, tho mods there are not at fault 

So far, less than a hundred players reported servers issue in that discord, so admins/mods there probably don't take it as an important issue 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by LeonStJohn
Grammar

16 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Yeah, a good group of us have been trying, but it has fizzled out now as we have accepted they're just lazy and have no intention of fixing it ever at this point as it does not make them money. While some have speculated now its left PS Plus there is a higher chance as it could lead to sales of the game but highly unlikely, I can only see this being fixed if somebody over there presses the wrong button like how some of the PS3 titles that just magically came back on lol.

It's come to the point where game companies doesn't care if their game is fully functional or not. What a time we live in.

• Like 3