Gaming for the Animals 2: The Squeakquel

2 hours ago, Dezorak said:

sure no problem and its a new mechanic from what i remember anyway.  but to give a tldr its the fact that druids can unlock abilities to have either ravens, wolves or werewolves to follow them and attack.  (they can also shapeshift into a bear lol).  all of them are optional and you can also complete the game without using a single one

Sounds good to me, I'll count it when you get the plat :)

• Like 1

Game # 2 Complete Inscryption

Fastest Completion: 2 Days 5 Hours

50th Fastest: 1 Week 4 Days

Saw this submitted last year and was able to play it this year. An animal themed card game with many a secret. Vote #2 Goes towards Spotted Jaguar to keep things interesting.

• Like 4

My first game done:

Meow Motors 

As you can probably tell by the name, there are cats involved. You start out with one kitty to play as, and as you go you end up recruiting more to your roster and even at the end you recruit the "bad guy" kitty. It's a cute game, nothing too crazy. My favourite item to use in the game is either the shampoo bubbles or the bubblegum.

Somehow the one drift trophy is harder than anything in Team Sonic Racing (because it keeps cancelling the drift combo while you're still drifting so you have to finagle with the controls more than you would think). I am surprised the fastest time is over three hours, though I shouldn't really say anything cause it took me almost a week to complete it. Anyways, my first vote is for the honeybee because we need those little guys and all their bumbly goodness. 

Edited by Vulpine9Tails
  • Like 4

While I'm not quite done with NG+ for Spidey Junior yet, I threw in a cute and short  cat game from my backlog that has a level where eyes are growing out of the walls and stare at you. That's right, I completed Hidden Paws Mystery! What, what cat game with a level with eyes growing out of the walls staring at you did you think I was talking about?

L50ed39.png

Vote goes to the platypus. Fascinating creatures and the environmental issues they face are quite important beyond their own well-being because they are heavily affected by water quality issues.

Edited by shadaik
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, shadaik said:

While I'm not quite down with NG+ for Spidey Junior yet, I threw in a cute and short  cat game from my backlog that has a level where eyes are growing out of the walls and stare at you. That's right, I completed Hidden Paws Mystery! What, what cat game with a level with eyes growing out of the walls staring at you did you think I was talking about?

L50ed39.png

Vote goes to the platypus. Fascinating creatures and the environmental issues they face are quite important beyond their own well-being because they are heavily affected by water quality issues.

Hi there! I went on your profile and I don't see this game, can you link it for me please?

Game # 3 Complete Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

Fastest Completion: 49 Minutes 36 Seconds

50th Fastest: 6 Hours 38 Minutes

Right on the edge of acceptable fastest times but it seems the average is 5-6 hours. In any case vote #3 and probably my final vote this year goes to the Red Panda.

• Like 4

Hi everyone! We are a week into the event and I figured it'd be fun to throw some updates out.

As of right now we have a tie between the red panda and the spotted jaguar, but the arctic fox and hedgehog are not far behind! Here are some stats of how the event is playing out so far:

Most Played Franchise - Ratchet and Clank (4)

Most Played Game - Stray (3)

Most Played Genre - Adventure

Most Critically Endangered Animal (that has votes) - Vaquita

Users with the Most Votes - @DonLin091 and @nashoyo68

• Like 4

Hey @MissShake - got a quick question for ya vis-a-vis the rules!

I'm planning on doing Endling as my first game for this event (after being completely side-tracked by Fights in Tight Spaces when the Event actually began, and after doing Skyrim for it... then realising after the fact that I'm a moron who apparently can't read a calendar, and did it a full month before the event even kicked off.... ?)

...but I noticed it is currently only a biscuit away from disqualification due to this rule:

If the player uses Autopop, OR if the fastest (not obviously Autopopped or cheated) time on the Fastest Leaderboard section is under 30 minutes, OR the 50th place on the 'Fastest Leaderboard' is under one and a half hours, it will not be counted.

I'm not trying to circumvent the rule (especially since, as I recall, I had a hand in crafting it last year ?)...

...but I did wonder exactly how it is implemented?

In some events - (the UR Clean Up, for example) - declaring a game while it is eligible, is enough to guarantee it can be included, even if it slips from eligibility while the person is playing it...

...is that the case with this event too?

Just a question - I'm going to be playing it anyways - but just wondered, if I say I'm doing it now, and while I am, some Speedy Gonzales's push that 50th place finish to under 90 minutes while I'm still Tortoising my way through it, can it still be used, or will I have missed the window?

Two more for me to put up today with Jojo Siwa's Worldwide Party. 

S127872.pngThere a string of level where you play as her dog.

As well as the PS4 version of Stray.

S40f8df.png It was leaving PS plus next week so now seemed like the best time to get that double plat.

Two more votes for Hedgehog please.

• Like 3

Fourth game finished:

New Super Lucky`s Tale.

The protagonist in this fun Jump `n Run is a fox and the (interactable) inhabitants of the different hub worlds are yeti monks, fish (the long, thin ones with the weird mouth that are the common people in mass scenes in Sponge Bob - didn`t know the name of the species) and worms that wouldn`t look out of place in an episode of Dukes of Hazzard.

My vote goes to the hedgehog, as usual.

• Like 3

And my number 2:

Spider-Man: Miles Morales is this weekend's animal plat, though I do hope to finish Stray tomorrow. We'll see.

For now, because there was a draw and I'd been thinking about voting this guy anyway, one vote goes to the Red Panda. Like my previous vote, the red panda stands for a whole ecosystem that is endangered, in this case the bamboo forests of China which have suffered from fragmentation due to human settlement and transportation infrastrusture, though the red panda is far less dependent on these forests than the more famous giant panda is.

• Like 4