Gaming for the Animals 2: The Squeakquel

Hi guys! I know I've posted this year's Gaming for the Animals a bit early, but that's because I have a change to the rules that may mean people need to plan a bit more: to earn a badge you need to finish three games! I've added a couple of new things to the FAQ, so be sure to read them over :)

Start date is July 4th, so you have plenty of time to save some games up! Get excited for another fun summer event :D

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'm participating in way too many events already...

...so what's one more gonna do? 1f602.png

I'm in 270b.png

Good to have you back! And besides, there's no such thing as too many event ;)

Edited by MissShake
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Hi guys! I know I've posted this year's Gaming for the Animals a bit early, but that's because I have a change to the rules that may mean people need to plan a bit more: to earn a badge you need to plat three games!

I assume that's finish 3 games - non plat games would still count for the minimum badge requirement rule?

Oh, this looks really fun, plus it's a great cause! I'm going to join as well. (Plus I'm a sucker for events with badges, lol!)

Just for clarification, I could have games with partial trophy progress before the start of the event - I only need to pop the platinum on or after July 4th, correct? 

Though, I didn't realize that there are so many animals to pick from! A maximum of 10 votes feels cruel! ...Though, I haven't even looked through my backlog to see if I have enough games that are eligible - so my voting choices might be even harder to make. ?

Cobra-photo-card.jpg

I did not realize that bees and cobras were endangered species! We need to protect the bees, without them honey cannot exist and we would all die from lack of oxygen due to massive plant extinction due to lack of pollination!

Oh, and I love snakes, so sue me if I want one of the most poisonous snakes to not go extinct, especially since it inspired a Pokemon called Arbok, one of my favorite Pokemon. :)

Since I don't know how much it costs to join you in symbolic adoption, I might as well just participate in this event. World of Final Fantasy has a lot of Mirages which look like animals and you can capture them and raise them like Pokemon as allies, so I guess that game will go on hiatus until Independence Day. Fair enough, it'll let FFXII: The Zodiac Age get some work in.

28 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

I did not realize that bees and cobras were endangered species! We need to protect the bees, without them honey cannot exist and we would all die from lack of oxygen due to massive plant extinction due to lack of pollination!

Bumblebees are a dfferent set of species from honeybees. Domestic honeybees are fine, but most of their wild relatives are suffering from stuff like being affected by chemicals that are supposed to kill pests - and sometimes even from lack of food due to the sheer number of honeybees humans bring eating it all up.

Not all of these are directly endangered as species, some are stand-ins for their natural habitat which is shrinking or other larger issues.

E.g. peacocks are fine and common throughout Eurasia (they were introduced in europe as pets, mostly present in castles where they roam freely among the tourists), but the jungles they originally hail from are in danger.

• Like 1

OH YOU KNOW I'M UP FOR THIS! and I couldn't help but laugh as I saw the rule that got added cause of me last year xD

I already have a few games planned, F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch , Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series + 2, Crash Bandicoot: Warped and the Shantae series as Shantae herself can transform into Animals through the POWER OF BELLY DANCE!

Edited by Sylvanticore
  • Like 1