Gaming for the Animals 2: The Squeakquel

+1 vote for the Arctic Fox for finishing Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition. This game took me a while to complete, but really liked it. As some characters have animal traits, I though it would fit this event.

#1 - Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

#2 - Ratchet: Deadlocked

#3 - Stray

#4 - Petoons Party

#5 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2

#6 - Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition

• Like 4

My second entry… Sly 2: Band Of Thieves (PS3).

Lb62862.png

Spoiler

Poor Bentley.

Second animal vote… Red Fox (again).

Edited by Dry
Why no spoiler box option on mobile? -_- (Also hyperlink altered to accommodate PSN online ID change).
  • Like 4

Oh, almost forgot: Platted Lego Legends of Chima, the game for Lego's 2010's anthropomorphic animal based theme.

This one goes to the Pangolin, because those little guys need some more love than just one vote reflects. Also, it's an animal covered in fingernails! We don't get closer to eldritch creatures with mammals, I think.

• Like 4

Game number 3 is done and it's Ape Escape (PS5).

A game that brings me some childhood nostalgia and at the time was a showcase for the Dualshock 1 as you could only play it with that controller. Whilst the controls may seem irritating due to the right stick being used to control gadgets rather than the camera the game is a satisfying platformer.

Count this as a vote to the Orangtuan (male) in honour of liberating the Apes.

• Like 4

Alrighty I’ve completed 3 games, they are 

1. Spyro The Dragon. super fun and was enjoyable to collect everything. Some of the level layouts tho… oh boy

2. Goat simulator. I’ve been dreading doing this because of the infamous FlappyGoat task. Although my patience was tested it can be done

3. Nickelodeon All Star Brawl PS4. With the announcement of a sequel I had to jump back into this one. It’s no super smash bros but it’s decent enough.

I recently went to the zoo and saw a red panda. They are the cutest things out there so all 3 of my votes are going their way :)

• Like 4

So, I've given up on the Arctic Fox winning the challenge, but I have to at least try to keep it on the top 3. Considering this, I want to add two more votes, for my completion of Endling: Extinction is Forever and Untitled Goose Game.

#1 - Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

#2 - Ratchet: Deadlocked

#3 - Stray

#4 - Petoons Party

#5 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2

#6 - Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition

#7 - Endling: Extinction is Forever

#8 - Untitled Goose Game

• Like 3

Finished Sonic Forces earlier today! Given the game in question, I think the animal this vote will go to should be fairly obvious.

I also have a question. If I finished a game within the event's timeframe, but before I started posting in the thread, would it still count and would I still be able to use that completion to contribute a vote? I understand if that won't fly. But if it does, would Ape Escape count? Because I finished that on August 4th, and if it is acceptable for this event and I can include games I completed during the event period, but before posting, I'd like to use that for a vote, please. Again, I totally understand if the answer's no, I just wanna make 100% sure.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, blue_blur_98 said:

I also have a question. If I finished a game within the event's timeframe, but before I started posting in the thread, would it still count and would I still be able to use that completion to contribute a vote? I understand if that won't fly. But if it does, would Ape Escape count? Because I finished that on August 4th, and if it is acceptable for this event and I can include games I completed during the event period, but before posting, I'd like to use that for a vote, please. Again, I totally understand if the answer's no, I just wanna make 100% sure.

Sure, were you voting for another animal or the hedgehog?

I also completed a third game for the event! I finished up Endling, and my third vote goes to the hedgehog :D

Edited by MissShake
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MissShake said:

Sure, were you voting for another animal or the hedgehog?

I also completed a third game for the event! I finished up Endling, and my third vote goes to the hedgehog :D

Yeah, it'll be one more vote for the hedgehog. It'll also likely be my last vote unless I can somehow finish Dreams in two days.

• Like 1

Hello again friends, it's been about a month since I posted my Crash Team Rumble and it's this little bastard's fault. Yes, my play through clocked up to over 200 hours of this monster on an RPG. It's the iconic Persona 5 Royal (PS5). Now you may wonder why I didn't play any smaller games in the mean time, and that's because this is also my 400th Platinum?! So yeah... Endling got a little shafted.

colpire gocciolare vertice persona 5 morgana gif gioviale Manga Raffineria

Since this occupied my life for so long, it's reasonable to believe that this was my first playthrough, well... I played the original Persona 5 in 2017, (okay so that's one playthrough,) I got the platinum later on which required getting basically to the end of the game on NG+, (two now, but surely you're only playing Royal for the extra stuff,) then Royal came out on PS4 in 2020 (oh god...) and I played it again (three... and you need help.) Also (...when are we getting to the PS5 game?) the anime got dubbed into English so I watched it...(four) and once more with someone else (...five). That brings us to now where I've played the same story for a 6th time... It's still brilliant and I've pleased it's a milestone.

Morgana is obviously our animal representative here, he is a real cat/van that makes the protagonist lose his ability to think for himself, what a nice cat. At least he's stopped mandating my bedtime. In Royal's extra story, Morgana's story discusses themes of identity, while this was only touched upon in the main game, is bestowed with very human like abilities that lead him to believe he's human... but he's a cat. He even has nightmares about his doubts, fearing he's just in denial, mirroring a wide range of identity crisis-es people go through. Not going to spoil, but the answer is a satisfying non-cop out that won't invalidate either answer.

Royal is a story about escapism, and how it shouldn't be used to avoid your problems... maybe my replaying it is a little ironic. Maruki's addition is a fantastic addition and the voice acting is excellent, which only makes Kametz's passing even sadder than it already was. I know that some folks prefer the original happier ending where everyone stays together, but I like the neater ending that this game had. 

Now I shall give my song that I made about my Morgana plushie that I came up with in 2017 which my family hated:

Anywhere Morgana goes,

I go too.

Anything Morgana does,

I go through.

Anytime with Morgana,

Just me and you.

'Cause anywhere Morgana goes,

I go too.

Anyway voting time, I'm going Red panda cuz the time is getting down to the wire.

Red-panda-cub GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 4

Fihished my last three and I have maxed out the event. Lake is a game about moving to fake Crater Lake, Oregon and delivering mail but there's a cat lady and you have to take care of her cats and help get them to the vet. Snoopy's Grand Adventure is a standard platformer with Snoopy and Woodstock. Icons. Lastly, Endling: Extinction is Forever the PS$ version which qualifies, where you play as a mother fox trying to save her cubs.

Completed 10/10

Final Fantasy XVI
JoJo Siwa's Worldwide Party (PS4)
JoJo Siwa's Worldwide Party (PS5)
Stray
Paw Patrol: Grand Prix (PS4)
Paw Patrol: Grand Prix (PS5)
Sonic Origins (PS4)

Lake

Snoopy's Grand Adventure

Endling: Extinction is Forever (PS4)

+3 more votes for Hedgehog. Just to secure first place. Thanks again for a great event!

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 3

I finished Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, which is the most animal game ever made. Not only is every human turned into an animal, but you spend the entire game swapping between various animal forms. The dragon is clearly the best, but I'm not sure that really counts as an animal, so I'm going to say the frog was my favorite.

Another vote for Red Panda. Let's bring it home, Team Panda!

• Like 3

My final entry: Minecraft Dungeons, by way of summoning animals. A wolf and llama helping me in battle, supported by the occassional bee swarm, were constant companions. And a fox, but it did nothing, it was just there. The final boss can even be beaten handily by bringing in three bee swarms and avoiding his attacks. I tried.

This vote goes the the Red Panda.

• Like 3

Game #5:

Final Fantasy VI Platinum

L34039d.png

Two characters that you can recruit to your party are:

-Mog, a Moogle

-Gogo, a Yeti

Also, the character Shadow has a (probably) Doberman Pinscher named Interceptor who is the goodest boy.

I'm going to cast a final vote for the Red Panda!

The past few days have been insanely busy, and the FFVI plat took me much longer than anticipated, so I'm bummed that I wasn't able to at least complete a sixth game for this event. (Or find more random adorable animal facts to include in this post). 

Thanks @MissShake for running such a fun event, and for such a fantastic cause!

• Like 3