Elite Racer

samy002

18 minutes ago, samy002 said:

This one seems scary!

Would be interesting to know what it takes to reach the Elite Division.

Wonder if it's easier or harder than the usual "win 50/100 races online"...

unless you're a great driver, most players won't get that cursed trophy

Sooo, it's gonna be like a weekly challenge, where you're in a group of 100 drivers and at the end of the week, only some top percentage will be promoted. We dunno how big the percentage is, but I assume higher you go, the less percent it will be. Maybe it won't that bad, probably just to play a lot of races and keep it clean, so you can move up. Will see, but all in all, trophies like that sucks, when you have to depend on other people so they won't ram into you and etc.

Also, putting division ranked lobbies in a game that will be dead next year is ridiculous. They think this is iRacing and there will thousands of people playing all the time? What a morons... 

06036bd3fe5a7ffd00748139eb4e3ce3c6504173

Edited by Patrickosan
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Sooo, it's gonna be like a weekly challenge, where you're in a group of 100 drivers and at the end of the week, only some top percentage will be promoted. We dunno how big the percentage is, but I assume higher you go, the less percent it will be. Maybe it won't that bad, probably just to play a lot of races and keep it clean, so you can move up. Will see, but all in all, trophies like that sucks, when you have to depend on other people so they won't ram into you and etc.

Also, putting division ranked lobbies in a game that will be dead next year is ridiculous. They think this is iRacing and there will thousands of people playing all the time? What a morons... 

Yeah I wonder if you can just "no-life" it. xD 

I mean you know, if you're an average racer.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

19 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

06036bd3fe5a7ffd00748139eb4e3ce3c6504173

With all the players acting like rammers, reaching elite division will still prove a big challenge ? 

Well, I'm probably skipping it this year. It all depends how progression will work. If it something like just keep clean racing than maybe I will consider it. I only wonder how that dumb division progression will work when online will be dead. They gonna fill group with AI or just couple of players? 

Like I said, this is probably one of the most idiotic progression design I saw. It would be good for a giant online game that is supported for many years, not for yearly reskin with few thousand of players in a peak and dead after a year. 

Edited by Patrickosan
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Well, I'm probably skipping it this year. It all depends how progression will work. If it something like just keep clean racing than maybe I will consider it. I only wonder how that dumb division progression will work when online will be dead. They gonna fill group with AI or just couple of players? 

Like I said, this is probably one of the most idiotic progression design I saw. It would be good for a giant online game that is supported for many years, not for yearly reskin with few thousand of players in a peak and dead after a year. 

Man this Elite trophy is bullshit EA pretty much Fifa divisions into an F1 game where people will and always destroy you into the first corner, Having done every F1 game possible since 2010 this looks way out of reach unless I quit my job and live on it lol.

It's not worth it and not buying it should be a clear sign for them that this is bullshit. I know trophy hunter community is small and irrelevant for them, but I stand with my principals and won't give them a cent for shit like this. 

Now I'm worried for the next WRC game and what online shit they gonna put there. It's the same studio, so I won't be surprised if they will do same there. 

• Like 1

Im out for this year. I mean GT Sport was probably harder but I wont spend so much time just to achieve this. Already doing 100 races in online was pain in the.... last year coz I dont like to play online in F1 and trophy for win in ranked and unranked I had after few races.

I've just done 2 ranked races. Each time there were 2 people in the lobby. First race I won, scored 11 points (very early but put me 4th in my group). Second race I came 2nd and lost 5 points, so now down to 6 points. The losing points makes it even harder.

28 minutes ago, ph0nix123 said:

I've just done 2 ranked races. Each time there were 2 people in the lobby. First race I won, scored 11 points (very early but put me 4th in my group). Second race I came 2nd and lost 5 points, so now down to 6 points. The losing points makes it even harder.

Sounds like such a shit system, Knowing how much chaos is caused in F1 lobbies people taking you out etc will ruin chances of moving into next league.

On 6/10/2023 at 0:25 AM, Patrickosan said:

It's not worth it and not buying it should be a clear sign for them that this is bullshit. I know trophy hunter community is small and irrelevant for them, but I stand with my principals and won't give them a cent for shit like this. 

Now I'm worried for the next WRC game and what online shit they gonna put there. It's the same studio, so I won't be surprised if they will do same there. 

Except that trophy hunters are the very small minority and they don't give a shit about us, if you think of not buying the game because of an online trophy will change anything you are naive.

EDIT: I mean in general people are naive not you particulary. Just wanted to clarify.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG

3 hours ago, ph0nix123 said:

Thanks for the info. The fact that you can lose points doesn’t sound good. Yes the ranking system already worked like that but adding the divisions on top of that kind of seems like they want to extend the life of MP artificially (for trophy hunters at least).

2 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Sounds like such a shit system, Knowing how much chaos is caused in F1 lobbies people taking you out etc will ruin chances of moving into next league.

Right? Last year, as soon as I got my ranked win I just moved onto unranked/no collision to finish the rest of my 100 races because it’s so annoying.

On a personal note, I’m probably not even going to bother with this trophy unless there’s some work around when online dies down.

Holy shit, they bring back losing points? What a morons... In F1 2019 we made a big move on Codemasters forums, because there was trophy for going gold in ranking (or something like that) and the point system was unfair as fack. You were winning barely any points and if you score lower than podium (after getting higher), you lose a lot of points, even after disconnect or being rammed to wall by someone, you were still losing tons of them. They've admitted after long time that it was broken and "fixed it" (you weren't losing so much points anymore, but still), so here we go again... 

They can take that game and shove it up their asses. 

Edited by Patrickosan
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cojotaho_ said:

Just wanted to add that in the Bronze league it’s ghosted so maybe the whole thing will be ghosted. Also it seems like you can do it with a quantity over quality type thing.

just to add on its not all ghosted, in bronze and i also think silver they ghost everyone to stop people going straight into you for no reason, ghosting goes off eventually in  gold i think as you're considered a fair racer then lol

So is anyone going for this right now? I'm thinking that this will be much easier later in time, because whoever wanted it already done it, and good players will be already in Gold/Elite. Launch window will be the worst, because everybody will want to do it at once, hence getting higher can be much harder. Also, can for example Gold ranking play with Bronze/Silver ranking? Because that gives some room for boosting, even in 1vs1 ranked. Plus, can someone notice how many people are promoted in each division? How many goes up from bronze/silver/gold? As I'm angry on this, I'm still curious about it how it will work out in the end. 

Edited by Patrickosan

The losing points adds to the frustration. 
We all know people like playing F1 wreckfest instead.

Also once gou get promoted, can you get demoted again

Once you reach silver and don't play, will you move back down to bronze?

i'd rather see a system without losing points, if you have a bad race you just don't get any points. This way more people will get a chance to get to the elite ranks, it will take some time but with a bit less frustration if you don't loose points

Edited by mika8276
  • Like 1

They got to change this trophy playing this ranked over an over it gets boring plus I’m not the best an racing games love F1 why put division ranks as a trophy don’t even get points for being in the top 3 lost them instead get 11 points 1st place and lose 5 burh

plus u get promoted every week if you have enough points so at this case it’s gonna me a month to get to elite 

Edited by Fresh-Tech1

Looking at the group that I am in there are 29 people in the group. Not sure if/when they will add more. But out of the 29, at this stage 21 are getting promoted (to silver 1) so it looks like it might be easy to get out of bronze at least.

The ghosting is related to licence level. With licence level C and D there is ghosting. My licence is currently B and when I have searched for a match it says there are no lobbies at my licence level do I want to join a lobby at a lower licence level. I would suspect you would be able to match with people at a lower licence level and this maybe there is a way to boost.

With the points the more people in the race the more points you get. I got 62 points for coming 2nd in a lobby with 8 people and 40 points for coming 4th in a lobby with 9. I'm not sure at what point you start losing points though.

Also it looks like there are only 3 tracks per week. This week it is Canada, Japan and Brazil.

Edited by ph0nix123