GameSpy servers going offline May 31

DarkStar83x

Can anyone confirm that RDR is going offline for certain? I have had it downloaded on my hard drive for over a year and was sort of saving it for a rainy day. If so I guess I will drop what I am currently playing and start it immediately or a waste of $.

So does anyone know if Gearbox followed up on their statement about looking for a replacement for the Borderlands servers?

It's been reported gearbox is not saving borderlands from this. I know quite a few ppl are upset on that one. 

Edit: Ok someone else messed that up. I found a twitter post. They are attempting to fix it. 

Can anyone confirm that RDR is going offline for certain? I have had it downloaded on my hard drive for over a year and was sort of saving it for a rainy day. If so I guess I will drop what I am currently playing and start it immediately or a waste of $.

They originally stated RDR was not going down and they were gonna fix the glitches. Since then that post has been removed and no further info has been said. So that one is up in the air. I can't find anymore info out on it. Gonna keep looking though while i compile a full list of ps3 games going down. 

Thanks for posting that, although that doesn't even list most of them either. There's more than that. But, that actually has a few new games on the list that i ain't seen. 

Edited by TalynnStrike

Well, I went and got the one trophy I need from Borderlands before these server closures since I'm getting conflicting info. It nerfed my completion percentage a bit, but oh well.

Wasn't there more than one co-op trophy in borderlands or does the servers setting down only affect that one?

The only game I own that will be affected (Since Red Dead is saved) will be Tom Clancy's Hawk but I don't think i'll bother with that games multiplayer trophies.

Wasn't there more than one co-op trophy in borderlands or does the servers setting down only affect that one?

The only game I own that will be affected (Since Red Dead is saved) will be Tom Clancy's Hawk but I don't think i'll bother with that games multiplayer trophies.

"And They'll Tell Two Friends" is the only one that you absolutely have to do online, since you need to be in a session with someone who already has that trophy to get it. Borderlands has LAN play according to the menu, I wonder if you know someone who has that trophy, then can you get it that way after the servers close? The rest can be done in local coop with a second controller, whether you got someone else on that controller or you're using it yourself. It took me literally five seconds to get too. All I did was enter a session already in progress, it popped during the load screen because someone in session had the trophy.

Edited by damon8r351

Lost planet 3 is going down, i dont see LP2 in the list, odd all things considered...

Not really. They opted to use GameSpy instead of Games for Windows Live for their PC version of LP3 (which is what the two previous games, LP2 and Colonies had used) and so those servers carried over to the console versions.

Do you have a source for that? I've heard so much back and forth about it that it's hard to figure out if its official or someone just blowing smoke.

Here:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/22/5640100/gamespy-shutdown-borderlands-civilization-offline-steamworks-migration

The servers will be migrated to steamworks, it has no date on the migration though.

Here:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/22/5640100/gamespy-shutdown-borderlands-civilization-offline-steamworks-migration

The servers will be migrated to steamworks, it has no date on the migration though.

Just Windows PC version of Borderlands, PS3 version will go offline as scheduled while they "research the technical feasibility of transitioning" the game. So it looks like I made a good call grabbing that one trophy when I did.  :S

• 1 month later...

Red Dead Redemption has a lan mode so all you need is on router and 8 friends with the game and the same console the router doesn't need to have an internet connection to it for Red Dead Redemption to allow you to use the multiplayer all you need is a connection to the router. I don't know if you can mix consoles.