GameSpy servers going offline May 31

DarkStar83x

Oh man this is going to suck i have yet to start Mortal Kombat, Borderlands, Bulletstorm, Battlefield 2, and FEAR 2 on this account. Teach me to start a new one.

P.S Why don't company's just patch out the online trophies so people can still get plats?

It would help ease the pain of losing online trophies.

Oh man this is going to suck i have yet to start Mortal Kombat, Borderlands, Bulletstorm, Battlefield 2, and FEAR 2 on this account. Teach me to start a new one.

P.S Why don't company's just patch out the online trophies so people can still get plats?

It would help ease the pain of losing online trophies.

A patch costs $40.000 that's why

I really want to play Borderlands, just not any time soon. Looks like I'll have to get the viral trophy real quick and then hide the game on my list until I decide to pick it up again.

Just do it without hiding them.  You know you'll get back to them eventually.  Who  cares what others think, yeah?

EDIT: Basically what I'm saying is don't let trophies like that keep you from playing awesome games.  

Edited by daftprophet

You mean the "And They"ll Tell Two Friends" trophy? lol Luckily I already had it from someone a year ago. That just leaves the arena trophies. 

You might know this already but you can do the arena trophies with a second controller.

Looks like I need to crank up Two Worlds II and get those done, luckily there's only 1 trophy, Ruthless, that I can't do by myself with 2 PS3s.

Edit:  Gearbox is currently looking into what they can do regarding the Borderlands 1 servers - "We're working on a solution now. Nothing official to announce just now - but know that we've got our guys on it!" https://twitter.com/BooneJusticius/status/452075953632473089

Edited by BooneJusticius

Bulletstorm doesn't make EA any money, so I highly doubt we will see those servers saved. I don't care about platinum that much, but i played through on Very Hard so I wanna finish it up!

and hopefully MK for Vita gets unaffected, i know the plat is already near impossible, but I at least want a chance to smash it.

has anyone gotten word about GTA4 and RDR?

is that $40 or $40,000? -___-

One of the articles states that Rockstar's servers won't be affected by this. 

Thankfully I got GTA IV done last year and I still need to finish the Red Dead DLC MP... Ugh knew this day would come eventually. Time to start grinding!

I still have a bunch of co-op shit.  We could/should tackle them together ;)

Edited by daftprophet

well, there hasnt been official word, and its kinda confusing to still have the games listed as being (possibly) shutdown, if they arent actually gonna be affected =/

One of the articles states that Rockstar's servers won't be affected by this. 

I still have a bunch of co-op shit.  We could/should tackle them together ;)

Just because a game is going to be "affected" doesn't mean the multiplayer for that game will be completely down. GameSpy servers can be used for other things than straight-up hosting. Newer games are less likely to be seriously affected.

Seems like a lot for a few non-tangible worthless trophies I'd say

well i only have to grind $1.2 million in gta4, for the plat .. i need to get gold on the co-op missions and round 15 in undead nightmare in RDR ... and i already have 315 online wins in unreal tournament 3 and one more chapter to complete in co-op ... im only pissed about fear 2 xp, i still have 900k to go :(  :( :(