Individual games boosting/mulitplayer/co-op threads

I think every game should have it's own boosting/multiplayer/co-op thread.

It would cut back the amount of new threads being made for boosting and is greatly more efficient than using the gaming sessions to search for games/other players.

Thanks.

Gaming sessions are fine. With or without boosting threads people still create new ones as they dont read.

Gaming sessions are just boosting threads with a much better angle. I can imagine a few adfitions that could make them better, but at least they dont cluster up the forums!

• Like 3

You do realize that the moderators are letting there be only one boosting thread for every game already, right?  It was mentioned some time ago because they were getting sick of locking so many "boosting" threads.

As Memnoch said, gaming sessions are fine.  People are always going to create new ones and they will be locked.  It is just being patient and spreading the word around (by not making another thread, but maybe saying something on your status update.) to new members.   

boosting threads are a great place to make known there's a session.

In my opinion gaming sessions are way to isolated to be easily accessible hence all why everyday people have to give links to people to the section of the site.

It's literally impossible to make it any less isolated:

PodvN.png

When you view a game:

S3rZn.png

Game sessions are good whe they work - I.e. when everyone shows up and followes the rules, but without any retribution for players who fail to show up it can be a little frustrating .

If you need 4 players, often times you need to make a six or eight player session to ensure at least 4 ppl turn up, but a lot of people dont bother joining a session as an 'understudy' - I.e. if the session is for max 8 ppl but states that only 4 are needed a lot of people will not want to join as the 5th player.

A boosting thread can be more useful, as simply running through the most recent few pages and adding everyone makes getting 4 ppl online at any one time much more feasable.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

I don't agree with creating threads for boosting, the gaming sessions work well, but could use a couple tweaks. I know at least one has already been discussed.

First: Feedback system for Gaming Session participation. Penalize people who sign up but don't show up, recognition for people who do.

Second: Some type of screen that stops a person from posting the first time and specifically explains the gaming sessions section. Maybe even a funny three question newbie quiz that must be completed before posting. (Three questions so it doesn't deter people too much from completing it and thus joining this great group of individuals.)

Boosting threads are kind of annoying when there's a whole section of the site designated for just that, but I recognize they'll never completely go away.

I don't mind, the only issue is probably uninformed newbies coming here and instantly posting topics for boosting

They do that with or without boosting threads though :P How many times has 'here is the thread you want' been posted ?

Although Gaming sessions don't answer 100% of needs, they do at least 90%

I have noticed that the mod team are very leanient when it comes to threads that relate to trophies that are difficult to encompass under these sessions so it"s not as if there should be too many issues.

Most people want this kind of thread because it's what they use on other sites, the thing is that Sly has tried something different that ultimately works better (although I do understand there is a need for more user feedback)

I like DocDoom's suggestion too. I remember ps3t having something similar. It was hit or miss there though. People sign up for boosting a game or trophy and then don't take they're name out when they've finished. There's also the guys that sign up for boosting whatever and don't care to do it whenever they get contacted.

I don't get it. Were would these threads be located? In the game's proper section? Or will a new one be created?

I just don't want to see it on the general section or something like that, because that would be a lot of threads I don't need.

Edited by Arkthur_us

Sly, would it be possible (well, more like feasible) to give the option to the users to flag oneself as "looking for boosting"?

With no specific trophy indication tho, just a general flag.

Then you could have all the "looking for boosting" users appear in a box much like the one you have posted about upcoming session.

And an auto remove when the game is 100% could be useful to keep the list up to date, at least in part. Maybe the boosting status could be automatically removed after ~3 months?

The box should be collapsed by default to avoid cluttering the game page.

It could be helpful for people who are trying to decide to start the game too. If they see that there are many other gamers "looking for boost".

:hmm:

Just a thought.

It looks cool in my mind, but I don't know how troublesome it could be to implement/maintain.

Edit:

Like this :hmm:

The view button could be set up to open the game "unearned trophy list" of the target user

4cd1c220876e6ee85295b23d0541495f.pnga2436215bc92eac58bddd33d394f1909.png

This is how I did it on .com, before I made PSNP, it sucked.

• Like 1

You should have some kind of rating system like trueachievements does like after the session you leave feedback and it goes on there boosting score as I've had a few people join a session get the trophy they want then just leave as they had no intention of helping the other player/s which really annoys me