Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 starts May 1st!

Are there any people interested in an event where you save a specific amount of plats and pop them on a pre-determined day? If there are at least 4 people willing to see it through to the end, I'll create a thread about it. Any game goes and auto-popping is allowed too. The target number I have in mind is 50 plats. Do note that it's still a draft version at this point and may be subject to change.

Well, made it to the eye poke machine in Dead Space 2. Not going any further in that game. The death scene from that is one of the few death scenes that makes me nauseous.

Move down to about 10mm(cm?) and then wait for his breathing to even out. Move closer about 2-3mm at a time, stopping whenever he gets panicked. Move to less than half a mm this way. Once you're there just wait for him to be completely calm and looking straight up and then finish it. Once you get the method you'll never fail it again.

I actually find that death animation ludicrous because the machine is moving so slowly, but if you fail it looks like an out of control jackhammer. Pretty sure that's not even close to what would happen in that scenario.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

Are there any people interested in an event where you save a specific amount of plats and pop them on a pre-determined day? If there are at least 4 people willing to see it through to the end, I'll create a thread about it. Any game goes and auto-popping is allowed too. The target number I have in mind is 50 plats. Do note that it's still a draft version at this point and may be subject to change.

I would but I kind of like the way Gerniflap027 and Gildenmagier described it, that people choose their own days and their own amount of platinum's.  If it was done that way then I'd definitely join, but I think I'd probably unnecessarily stress myself out if I was working toward a unified date or a group specified amount :)  Plus I'm not even sure I'd have the self restraint  :giggle:

Ganryu plays everything. Give that man a trophy for playing so many GGs.

Ohh! Thanks for this!

I really enjoyed all Golden Games so far (even DJ Hero 2)

I was lucky with DJ Hero as my parcel with the game come in the last day of the fixture.

I said about Geometry Wars 3 to my friend, but he don't even mark this game as bought when this game was in Ps+  as he though that this any poor indy game.

Is there any required amount of the platinums per person to join? And any specific date? (For the date I can suggest 12 October...:x

BTW good luck in our fixture

I would but I kind of like the way Gerniflap027 and Gildenmagier described it, that people choose their own days and their own amount of platinum's.  If it was done that way then I'd definitely join, but I think I'd probably unnecessarily stress myself out if I was working toward a unified date or a group specified amount :)  Plus I'm not even sure I'd have the self restraint  :giggle:

I like the idea of accomplishing this as a group instead of everyone finishing when they want and then leave the event. We could do a minimum required amount of plats and people can do more if they want.

Is there any required amount of the platinums per person to join? And any specific date? (For the date I can suggest 12 October...:x

BTW good luck in our fixture

Thnx :D.

I haven't thought about it, but it's probably wise to do that. THL's joining requirements seem to work fine, so I can always errgh "borrow" it ;).

Epic fail of the month:

I've been trying to unlock the :bronze: What Doesn't Kill You... (succesfully parry 10 consecutive attacks in 1 minute or less) in Metal Gear Rising for the past few days (even fighting Monsoon over and over). Today I looked at the trophy list and found out I already got it on September 4th :facepalm:. No wonder it didn't pop during the Monsoon fights.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

I like the idea of accomplishing this as a group instead of everyone finishing when they want and then leave the event. We could do a minimum required amount of plats and people can do more if they want.

Thnx :D.

I haven't thought about it, but it's probably wise to do that. THL's joining requirements seem to work fine, so I can always errgh "borrow" it ;).

I rather think how many platinums you have to declare to achieve during "final day"

Epic fail of the month:

I've been trying to unlock the :bronze: What Doesn't Kill You... (succesfully parry 10 consecutive attacks in 1 minute or less) in Metal Gear Rising for the past few days (even fighting Monsoon over and over). Today I looked at the trophy list and found out I already got it on September 4th :facepalm:. No wonder it didn't pop during the Monsoon fights.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Epic fail of the month:

I want to laugh but this has happened to me a couple times before Dood :|

• Like 3

Just to let you know that I'm planning on retiring at the end of this season, I figure that competitive gaming makes me cranky (no shit!  D: )

I was working out all the dates, as I would've stayed for one more, however it will probably run into the New Year and for next year I want to take part in more of the site let's plays and tidy up some of my games (mainly because I hate having incomplete series on my profile)  Also, with doing the 10 plats on 1st January challenge, it's likely I'll want to do some profile tidy up afterwards.

With me wanting to do other things, I don't want to spread myself too thinly (as that would probably stress me out) and due to things in my personal life, I like to try and keep stresses to a minimum :)

• Like 4

Just to let you know that I'm planning on retiring at the end of this season, I figure that competitive gaming makes me cranky (no shit!  D: )

I was working out all the dates, as I would've stayed for one more, however it will probably run into the New Year and for next year I want to take part in more of the site let's plays and tidy up some of my games (mainly because I hate having incomplete series on my profile)  Also, with doing the 10 plats on 1st January challenge, it's likely I'll want to do some profile tidy up afterwards.

With me wanting to do other things, I don't want to spread myself too thinly (as that would probably stress me out) and due to things in my personal life, I like to try and keep stresses to a minimum :)

Be a shame to see you go, make sure you keep popping by and saying hello.

As for our current fixture, enjoy your win because I have literally not even turned it on for the first 2 days and probably wont today either as my daughter is a bit sick. So entering the last day I will have a big fat zero!! How is it going for you?

I want to laugh but this has happened to me a couple times before Dood :|

Woohoo, I'm not the only one :dance:. I'm sill amazed I missed the ping from the trophy. Normally when I get a trophy, I check what the condition was. Looks like I was a lot more focused on beating Monsoon :lol:.

Wow, the housewives were quite for a whole day!  :giggle:

Tell me about it. I'm sure it has nothing to do with me being offline yesterday.

• Like 1

Be a shame to see you go, make sure you keep popping by and saying hello.

As for our current fixture, enjoy your win because I have literally not even turned it on for the first 2 days and probably wont today either as my daughter is a bit sick. So entering the last day I will have a big fat zero!! How is it going for you?

Oh no, hope your daughter feels better soon.

I've been plodding along on ACIV, not really got massive points as been sailing around and plundering ships ^_^  Be lucky if I managed to hit double digits points wise!

Another pup leaves the pack to hunt alone in the vast playstation world. Hope to see you back in the league sometime.  :dance: