Trophy Hunters League - Season 42 sign-ups still open!

If The Guided Fate Paradox is chosen, you can earn trophies for the THL, URTL, and the Platinum Race.

Well prinny said he intends to be finished with it before the season starts, and I might well be too tbh. But I'm using it for all three right now anyway. :P

You can use a numbered list, like this:

Makes it easier to see how many games there are. Question: if Diablo III RoS gets chosen, does the vanilla Diablo III game also count?

The only problem with a numbered/alphabetized list is every time you make a new entry you have to change half the numbers over. You could always just keep a running count and add 1 every time you... Add one.

The only problem with a numbered/alphabetized list is every time you make a new entry you have to change half the numbers over. You could always just keep a running count and add 1 every time you... Add one.

No, luckily thats not the case with this forum you can select a numbered list in the reply/edit section which automaticly fixes everything if you put something inbetween.

Nope, just hit "enter" and the list adds a new number in-between :D.

Edit:

Clawz beat me to it.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

What's the point in people picking 500-1000 hours jrpg games for their double points , it won't benefit them, are they just trying to make a statement that they play these games , you may as not pick a game at all LOL

Hardline , the last of us and thief are get games chosen for double points !

• Like 1

What's the point in people picking 500-1000 hours jrpg games for their double points , it won't benefit them, are they just trying to make a statement that they play these games , you may as not pick a game at all LOL

In case you missed it, we're doing a Let's Play SO4. So getting double points would be a nice bonus and should help to get to 100 points faster.

In case you missed it, we're doing a Let's Play SO4. So getting double points would be a nice bonus and should help to get to 100 points faster.

I know thats fine and all, its just that the fixture is 4 days and everyone here could very well earn a bronze trophy max. Just seems like a weird choice for the type of system being implemented. Its not just SO4, lots of these games go for 10's of hours without trophies popping. If it was a season long game then my opinion would be completely different. 

I know thats fine and all, its just that the fixture is 4 days and everyone here could very well earn a bronze trophy max. Just seems like a weird choice for the type of system being implemented. Its not just SO4, lots of these games go for 10's of hours without trophies popping. If it was a season long game then my opinion would be completely different. 

If you rush through the story on the easiest difficulty while doing only the necessary Private Actions, you can easily earn 21 points in 7-10 hours. With double points that's 42, which doesn't seem that bad to me :P. Using a guide for the 22 space ship data will add another point.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

I get that and all but if you wanted to maximise your double points potenional wouldn't you rather pick a game you enjoy ranging between 4 and 30 hours , picking a long ass game and popping maybe 1 bronze a week if that is madness for this double point feature !

I get that and all but if you wanted to maximise your double points potenional wouldn't you rather pick a game you enjoy ranging between 4 and 30 hours , picking a long ass game and popping maybe 1 bronze a week if that is madness for this double point feature !

So far I'm enjoying SO4, haven't done any real grinding yet, so my opinion is subject to change though.

Also people seem to have the wrong idea, see my quote below:

If you rush through the story on the easiest difficulty while doing only the necessary Private Actions, you can easily earn 21 points in 7-10 hours. With double points that's 42, which doesn't seem that bad to me :P. Using a guide for the 22 space ship data will add another point.

Fair enough. Im not singling out SO4 by any means, lots of games on here would take an insane amount of time. I'll stop bitching, its completely optional and if my opponent beats me using Star Ocean/White Knight/etc  then I'm just simply not good enough at trophy hunting :P 

• Like 1

So far I'm enjoying SO4, haven't done any real grinding yet, so my opinion is subject to change though.

Also people seem to have the wrong idea, see my quote below:

I would say use game that offers the plat in one fixture , once doubled your looking at around 120 points and against a rival opponent , your laughing with the win , don't you agree son ;)

I would say use game that offers the plat in one fixture , once doubled your looking at around 120 points and against a rival opponent , your laughing with the win , don't you agree son ;)

Sure, that's nice too.

Hey guys, first time ever joining this Trophy Hunter league but I'd like to be put on the waiting list! Thought it'd be cool to earn trophies along with you guys and see how it goes for me. ^_^

Slowly, but surely the Let's Play SO4 team is taking over the THL :awesome:.

• Like 1

Hey guys, first time ever joining this Trophy Hunter league but I'd like to be put on the waiting list! Thought it'd be cool to earn trophies along with you guys and see how it goes for me. ^_^

Looks like another tough opponent joins the league! Welcome to the trophy league bunbun =) 

Hardline , the last of us and thief are get games chosen for double points !

Picking long JRPG's for double points will give people an excuse to play those games during a fixture, since they'll still earn a fair amount of points. So in a way, it does benefit them :D Besides even in the grindiest games, there are always those few easy trophies you can pop to boost your score ^^

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 2

ok,i must have missed soming ,the golden game thing , i get that its gonna award double points ,but can some one explaine it to me ,IE ruels and such

please PM me as the answer im sure will get lost in all the posts made lol

Next season we will be introducing Golden Games (credit to Hemiak for the idea). Golden Games will be games whose trophies will be counted for double points during a fixture. There will be a different golden game for a fixture meaning there will bea total of 9 golden games during the season. I was originally going to do just one game for a season but the admins had agreed that having one wouldn't be fair since the one game could be something a few people already completed so with 9 games in season it should increase the chances of there being at least 1 game you haven't completed.

So this is how it will work: At the end of the season you guys will choose a game you would like to be a golden game next season (obviously would need at least 9 games chosen, and also only 1 choice per competitor) and if there are more than 9 choices I'll throw all the choices in a RNG then the 9 games chosen from that will be the golden games. When the games are chosen I will put the list on the opening post so it will give you doods time to get a game you are possibly interested in from the list. Here is the criteria a game must meet to qualify to be a golden game:

• The 50th time of the fastest achievers list must be over 3 days
  • Episodic games can't be golden games ( Ex. TellTale's Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, etc.)
  • Games with any cross save autopopable trophies aren't allowed
We want the games to be somewhat lengthy ones so that this system won't be abused. So as long the game meets these standards it will be allowed to be on the list. If you want you can go ahead and choose a game you would like for me to put on the list. So that is it doods, I am pretty excited to give this a try next season and I hope you doods are as well.

ok,i must have missed soming ,the golden game thing , i get that its gonna award double points ,but can some one explaine it to me ,IE ruels and such

please PM me as the answer im sure will get lost in all the posts made lol

I figured that I would just quote this so that it is not buried in the thread.

Also can I pick Dragon's Dogma as my golden game?

Edited by theshywaterguy

cool so 9 games are nominated and we pick one of those games ?

and the list is compiled?

i was told by my wife for farthers day i could have any game i want so i can check the list if its a final draft and pick the game for me :)

i have looked at the list so far and i do have thief

:) so this would be my golden game

I'll be interested to see how this golden game thing works out. I can see it getting out of hand and potentially giving those who are already really good trophy hunters a distinct advantage (that they wouldn't need) based on the type of game picked. And it could potentially leave casual hunters in the dust. It also has the potential of being fair across the board though.

For instance, the majority of games on the list are all one genre so far. I know it's a popular genre, but not everyone plays those. While I have no problem entering that genre having never played it before, there might be others that would.

And yes, I'd be saying this same thing if 10 of the 14 games on the list were all CoD and Battlefield. Variety is the spice of life.

All I am saying is that we need to make sure the 9 games we choose are inclusive for everybody. We don't want to chase away those who are casual or weaker trophy hunters because the golden games are slightly more advantageous to the stronger crowd.

If that makes any sense.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

Updates the list and posted it again so i dont have to go back to find it everytime  :lol:

1. Battlefield Hardline - Somalia
  2. Child of Eden - Zajac
  3. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Boooda
  4. Dragon's Dogma - Shywaterguy
  5. Max Payne 3 - Toxi
  6. Persona 4 Golden - Shana
  7. Puppeteer - Omar
  8. STAR OCEAN THE LAST HOPE -INTERNATIONAL- - Dragon
  9. Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment- - BlueFireReaper
  10. Tales of Xillia - ZoneHunter
  11. Tales of Xillia 2 - Jello
  12. The Guided Fate Paradox - Whoadreader