Are servers closed?

CrB90

I have tried several times to play online but I couldn't.. last time I played it online was in April. The times that I have tried it again, I have got an error on my PSVita when I have started the game saying that "Can't connect with the servers. Try again later"...

Do anyone know if servers are still up?

I search on Google and I only find this thread:

Edited by CrB90
Add new information
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/07/2023 at 10:59 AM, JorgeSleep said:

Why did you post a Reddit comment about Star Wars Battlefront? lol

The last player to get trophies online was on april 26...it's hard to tell if the servers are still up. Try contacting DotEmu via Twitter or via their website: https://www.dotemu.com/contact/

I didn't?

On 27/7/2023 at 3:50 AM, MrHealthy said:

JorgeSleep was talking to the original poster who did post a link to a star wars reddit post.

I got confused and sad because of the real possibility of servers closure.. xD

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Thank you for the info, I'll file a PSNP+ report ASAP!

I joined the discord and asked. They said it should be working, just dead. Might want to hold off on that report. Considering the amount of people who have earned it in total, it's not unusual for months to go by with no activity. 

I noticed everyone stating that they got errors didn't give details. Ie, region, if they tried self boosting or finding randoms, where the error in the matchmaking occurred. 

• Like 2

Just redownloaded the PS4 version to see if the online is still active and wasn’t able to connect either. Right before the title screen it gives an error message saying that it can’t connect to the online servers. Pressing triangle to instantly connect online doesn’t work either. The option for searching quick matches and ranked matches are blacked out too. I think it’s safe to say that the servers are down (at least for the PS4) and if that’s the case DotEmu should have had the courtesy to give a shutdown notice, unless there is some kind of bug that’s preventing people to connect online at the moment that DotEmu is not aware of or can not fix. I’m from the U.S. if that matters.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

@HuntingFever and anybody else who cares.

I've been trying for almost a month now to get these devs to fix the PS servers.

Yeah...ya know, I never say this, but fuck these wankers. Never support this dev again. These guys are ungrateful twat monsters that hit a dirty floor and rolled around in Germany shepherd hair. Even the WJ community, (yes, that's a thing) doesn't care about half a game not working for one of the largest consoles out there. 

It boggles my dusty brain how they can think this doesn't affect them, either. There's already a WJ3 in the works and I bet it'll have crossplay. If you piss off a whole ass community, (us), you are losing that entire playerbase who would have otherwise supported the game. Bleahhhblehhhblech. Have some damn pride in your work. 

Ok...rant over.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

I've been trying for almost a month now to get these devs to fix the PS servers.

Yeah...ya know, I never say this, but fuck these wankers. Never support this dev again. These guys are ungrateful twat monsters that hit a dirty floor and rolled around in Germany shepherd hair. Even the WJ community, (yes, that's a thing) doesn't care about half a game not working for one of the largest consoles out there. 

It boggles my dusty brain how they can think this doesn't affect them, either. There's already a WJ3 in the works and I bet it'll have crossplay. If you piss off a whole ass community, (us), you are losing that entire playerbase who would have otherwise supported the game. Bleahhhblehhhblech. Have some damn pride in your work. 

Ok...rant over.

Wow, thanks for the info - I'll be boycotting these devs for sure - that's a disgusting attitude to have towards your customers.

• Like 3

On 8/28/2023 at 5:33 AM, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Ok...rant over.

That's terrible. While apparently futile, can you share their contact info?

• 1 month later...