What is the opinion of the community on movie based EZ platinums?

DanielVT

I would like to know the overall opinion of the community on EZ 2 platinum (animated movie based) games. I am interested in quickly ranking up my trophy rank, so I was wondering what the community thought of getting platinums on games like Megamind or Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs or even Cars. Most of the time I have platinumed games like Homefront, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, SWFU: 2 etc. Would it be "lame" to pick up an easy platinum? Would it lower the "prestige" I consider myself to have? I look forward to reading your guys' opinions on the matter. BTW There is no way in hell that I will lower myself to platinum Hannah Montana, so don't even recommend it :) LOL

Do what makes you happy. Gaming is a hobby that's supposed to be fun. Trophies add more fun for me. Whether it be a fun game with trophies or an ok game that has trophies that make it more fun to complete it. Either way, I'm not gonna think poorly of you for playing those "easy" games though. However, I am gonna say that it's specific plats that impress me as opposed to total plat count when I look at some one else's profile.

I'd like to recommend that you do NOT play Terminator Salvation though. That is the biggest PoS and I would advise anyone against playing it.

Edit: Realized I was too late. :facepalm:

Edited by Rowdi1
  • Like 1

I would like to know the overall opinion of the community on EZ 2 platinum (animated movie based) games. I am interested in quickly ranking up my trophy rank, so I was wondering what the community thought of getting platinums on games like Megamind or Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs or even Cars.

Why does it even matter?

Are you playing games you like to play, or playing them to try and impress others?

Me, I could care less what games you play. I do not consider myself so arrogant as to have to think someones tastes and ability to have fun with any game, or the trophies they earn with them is any of my business, nor needs to meet my approval.

From what I have seen here with others on these boards, although there are some serious trophy/Plat hunters, for the biggest majority all these folks have both their egos and arrogance in check...the way it should be.

They play their games, and let you play yours.

Yes, every site has a handful of morons who, for whatever reason think they are God's gift to the gaming world and think it is their job to "judge" people by the trophies they earn, but thankfully those types are quite scarce around here.

• Like 2

Do what makes you happy. Gaming is a hobby that's supposed to be fun. Trophies add more fun for me. Whether it be a fun game with trophies or an ok game that has trophies that make it more fun to complete it. Either way, I'm not gonna think poorly of you for playing those "easy" games though. However, I am gonna say that it's specific plats that impress me as opposed to total plat count when I look at some one else's profile.

I'd like to recommend that you do NOT play Terminator Salvation though. That is the biggest PoS and I would advise anyone against playing it.

Edit: Realized I was too late. :facepalm:

Terminator really was not that bad of game, in fact, I really enjoyed it :)

Why does it even matter?

Are you playing games you like to play, or playing them to try and impress others?

Me, I could care less what games you play. I do not consider myself so arrogant as to have to think someones tastes and ability to have fun with any game, or the trophies they earn with them is any of my business, nor needs to meet my approval.

From what I have seen here with others on these boards, although there are some serious trophy/Plat hunters, for the biggest majority all these folks have both their egos and arrogance in check...the way it should be.

They play their games, and let you play yours.

Yes, every site has a handful of morons who, for whatever reason think they are God's gift to the gaming world and think it is their job to "judge" people by the trophies they earn, but thankfully those types are quite scarce around here.

You made a really good point, I am not arrogant, but I would like to consider myself a "hardcore". In that I play a alot of tough FPS games. In reality, it does not make a difference if I get some EZ plats, because it does not change anything, I will still play the mainstream games, but I will have some easier platinums. Thanks for your response :)

Man just drope this false proud and just play for yourself. Go get those game they are very enjoyable to play.

This doesnt apply to Hannah Montana thou lol :D unless you are a girl.

Well, the last time I checked, I am not a girl :P I might as well give those games a try since according to what you say, they are fun. Thanks for your feedback! :)

well personnally i don't mind what others play, but if you come and say : "look at my kickass trophy count" i'll no doubt look at your trophy list and if i see Hannah Montanna :blink: you might as well have 2 million plat, i will nod sadly and leave the room.

Some plats just don't carry any prestige ...

As others have already said. Play to have fun. If it is kid movie tie in game and you had fun then what does it matter. I recently played Shrek and got the plat. Guess what I had fun doing it. I also recently bought Monster vs. Aliens. Haven't started it yet but I hope it is fun. I think its good to have a mix of hard and easy plats. Just as long as it's not Hannah Montannah.

I have vowed to never play 2 games and they are Hannah Montannah and terminator. I would play Megamind before them. LOL.

If you play and platinum the game because you actually enjoy it (or at least want to enjoy it)... then that's cool.

If you know you don't like the game but buy/play it anyways because you want another platinum in your list... then that's slightly less cool but still none of my business.

I actually like to play movie based games. They are a nice way to relax and anyone who judges you for playing them is an arrogant POS.

I do think you should only play them if you enjoy them though. They are easy but can feel long if your just playing to plat!

once again, you guys are making really good points, and are convincing me to go buy these games, but why the hate on Terminator? It really was a fun game!

I liked it too... My only complaint was the length of the story.

I just got done playing Toy Story 3 and it was a really good game... one of the best out of the "easy to plat games"...

i say play whatever you wanna play for whatever reason you want... if its trophies you want then just go for it... if its gameplay you seek then go for it... if you don't want people to know that you play easy cartoon games then don't do it... ME on the other hand don't care what people think about my trophy list... I play what i want... sometimes for trophies sometimes for fun but i guarantee that if i didn't like a game i wouldn't play it (minus Last Rebellion, lol)...

• Like 1

I just got done playing Toy Story 3 and it was a really good game... one of the best out of the "easy to plat games"...

I dunno about how easy it is... lol. Those damn prize capsules are driving me nuts! I have resorted to using a checklist (which I hate) because I cant figure out what the hell I am missing. =)

I dunno about how easy it is... lol. Those damn prize capsules are driving me nuts! I have resorted to using a checklist (which I hate) because I cant figure out what the hell I am missing. =)

I guess i should have use the words "Relatively Easy to plat games" because im comparing them to games like the 200 hour RPGs that i play, LOL... yeah those prize bubbles were a pain but aren't ALL collectible trophies? At the end i went through and counted about 7 that i was missing and i went to a checklist to help also... otherwise it is a pretty quick platinum... but in my opinion it was a very fun game and i feel like i got my moneys worth (beat it within a week and returned it to GameStop... so it ended up free, lol)

once again, you guys are making really good points, and are convincing me to go buy these games, but why the hate on Terminator? It really was a fun game!

Idk... maybe I'm one of the few people that didn't like it. The only reason I finished it was because I didn't want to sell it without finishing it and I was ready to sell it.

For me Terminator was more enjoyable than the shitty Uncharted games.

...and that quote right there is also another good reason to not give a damn about what other people think. Although I have not played Terminator, I have played Uncharted 1 & 2, and loved them, while Comp did not.

No matter what game or Platinum/trophies some shallow folks call "respectable", it makes no difference as not everyone likes the same type of games.

The way I see it is this: Unless the few arrogant and "Leet" players who seriously judge people by the trophies other people earn are the ones buying your games and console, who gives two-shits about what they think.

The only thing that would be more moronic is for anyone not to buy a game they may enjoy because they are more concerned with trying to impress people you have never met, will (more than likely) never meet and are seeking some sort of shallow "respectability". IMHO, anyone who tries and judge people based on the trophies they earn are so shallow, they have no idea what the word "respect" means, let alone considered good judges of determining that in others.

If you seriously want to rank up quickly, then Hannah Montana or Terminator is a must. If not, just enjoy collecting trophies while playing games you like. For me Terminator was more enjoyable than the shitty Uncharted games.

wow.....shitty Uncharted!!!!!!! somebody call a police :shakefist: (If Dreakon didnt do it already :lol:)

Another option is to plat NGS2 and you can plat all the easy games in the world I DARE anybody will question your SKILLZZZZZZ :pimp:

I myself love getting trophies, but I will NEVER play a game that I think I wouldn't like just to boost up my trophy count, trophies are there as a reward for fully maximising everything that game has to offer not to really exploit it and play cheap and easy games for the extra trophies. If I think the game would be fun I'll play it, otherwise no chance.

Just my thoughts..

• Like 1

I didn't like Terminator so much that i didn't even finish it... Im sure i will rent it again one day to try to get the platinum but it was for sure nothing that great... and it was hard...

as far as the Uncharted games... i haven't even finish the first one (its on my shelf halfway played)... not to mention Uncharted 2 (on my shelf still in the plastic... got it LAST year for Christmas... wow its been a year already!)... so maybe when i beat uncharted and start uncharted 2, just maybe, i will check out #3... but by then it will already be on the "greatest hits" rack... but just because the Uncharted games won awards doesn't mean that everyone loves it... i am a perfect example of that...

Now you will see some "easy plats" in my trophy case (or my Piggie_Pie's Platinum Package)but one thing you won't see is a game that i didn't enjoy... most of the cartoon style games with a 5-10 hour platinum were actually fun and i plan on playing more of them eventually... im not the type of guy that needs to play a "hard core" game to prove anything *hides Demon's Souls platinum*

But on the flip side, if there are people who are trophy hunters and enjoy only going for the platinum trophies because it gives them a certain satisfaction then why hold them back? Its fun to them to try to get the platinum even if the game sucks (to them the fun is in the hunt)... i don't want to stand in the way of anyone having fun doing what they do with their games even if they only play for trophies...

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to get a lot of stick for renting so called easy games and finishing them pretty quickly, but they are a lifesaver for me. I'm waiting for surgery and until I get it, I'm in pain, pretty much all the time. On my good days I can sometimes leave the house, but that only happens every couple of weeks or so, the rest of the time I play easy games, cause pain sure as hell kills off your concentration. But the distraction of playing fun easy games works better than most painkillers I've tried. Ok morphine works better, but I'm sick of hallucinating all the time so I don't wanna take it any more.

Something I learned pretty damn fast is to ignore what people think, cause if you have fun playing them that's all that matters.