How angry did a game make you...?

Mr_Freaker

Well in Jurassic Park episode 4, because of the stupid QTES i swore at the game sometimes and gave the finger to the T-rex when i finally managed to beat it. Yeah i might have overdone it a bit.

You were just so tasty he couldn't get enough of you  :giggle:

Every game I've played has caused bad language and shaking of controllers at Tv's at some stage or another. Gaming brings all my rage to the surface when things don't go my way.

Most recent was last night. Alien Isolation One Shot Trophy. Killed by a F***ING tram on the last level. Previous save then got screwed when I wasn't paying attention and got facehugged straight after.

I don't get that much time to play and so that was my last three nights wasted because of the stupidest death ever.

A tram..... Grrrr.

• Like 1

Well in Jurassic Park episode 4, because of the stupid QTES i swore at the game sometimes and gave the finger to the T-rex when i finally managed to beat it. Yeah i might have overdone it a bit.

I was playing Kingdom Hearts 2 and... oh, I forget which one it was. It wasn't even final mix - it was just the regular PS2. Um, it may have been Demyx? Anyway, I told him to 'go fuck himself with a cactus' and gave him the middle finger. Bastard coated bastard.

Oddly, the next time I fought him on Proud mode he was easier. 

My former roommate has an entire document of quotes from me and a large section is stuff I've said while gaming.

"You assmonkey...hippo...WHATEVER!"

"FUCK YOU WITH A CUCUMBER!"

"FUCK YOU WITH A CACTUS!" 

And so on, and so forth. 

Edited by thefrozenspring

Twice:

LittleBigPlanet 3-Trying to ace The Great Escape. I threw the controller against the floor. It still works OK.

Mercury Hg-Trying to complete the final part of the second challenge. I screamed, cussed a lot, threw my controller on the floor three or four times and against my bedroom door once. Once, I was aiming for the wall, but missed and it hit my beanbag. Scared my dogs. I eventually did get it, though that controller is pretty much junk. xD Not my finest moment. :blush: I haven't played that much since then. Don't want to get an aneurysm!

Edited by ShadowStar83x

Two instances come to my mind:

When I was 12 (about 15 years ago), I borrowed a friend's Sega Saturn along with the first Tomb Raider. One of the last stages of the game had you jumping up a sort of rectangular room using ledges. When I had finally succeded in making my way up there I was pushed off the ledge by some succubus, making me so freaking furious that I punched the button that opened the console and started scraching the disc like I was a DJ. Needless to say, the disc was beyond repair. At least the console was still working. The worst part about it: Giving the console back to my friend, I denied having caused the damage.

Then about three years ago, I was in a very aggitated state and extremely unhappy with my life. I played Darksiders, really not much of a frustrating game, but due to the emotional stress I had been under a minor little mistake resulted in me dying and kicking my folks armchair around the room. As a result, I broke some toes and had to wear a clumsy medical thingy on my foot for weeks.

But fear not, my gamy friends, I have made some changes in my life, pursued personal happiness and today I'm proud to say that I can play the most annoying BS games without breaking stuff/ hurting myself ;-)

So, a word of advice: If you find yourself destroying things because a video game has p'ed you off, take a moment to ask yourself the question: Is it really the game that got me that frustrated or is it due to some other things currently happening in my life?

Assassin's Creed 3:When the game glitched at 99% and I lost the platinum

This! 100% this

and FIFA : player not doing what I intended to do! broke 1 controller because of FIFA 15. I dunno why but I cant stand losing in FIFA to anyone (be that be my friends or online, I get every angry with myself if I lose)

this never happens with any other game I never get angry at games being too hard . I always think "I am a human with a functioning brain and all my sensory and motor abilities intact and I am up against an A.I.  I ll come on top eventually" :P

Although have to admit I do curse when I game esp. online (but not when using a mic) and 99.99% lag is the culprit

Edited by blazeadeel

I've never broke anything due to game rage. Recentlly "shock and awe" (extreme) on Batman Arkham Asylum took me 5hrs straight. Mainly due to the time.

(And i'm a really good free-flow player).

When I played KHFM on ps2 (jap) Sephiroth and the Misterious Man were the hardest thing ever for me....I was like 10 and without a guide at the time I was simply hopeless xD

( For the future I bet the VR challenges of MGR:R and the Injustice Plat. will give me a lot of pain, but I don't know )

Edit: Ah, I've just remembered some of the hard time attacks on Shadow of the Colossus (ps2) were a lot pain as well. I'll play it again in the future on ps3 to get the platinum.

Edited by Re-LoreLink