PS4 wishlist ...

Maitre

If you could add, remove or transform a ps3 feature into the ps4, what would it be?

PSN has a post in its section so try and not post psn stuff ...

• Backwards on ps1,ps2 and ps3 games
  • Use portable console (ps vita) as a controller
  • Better settings options for ps eye microphones

P.S: this is purely retorical as there is currently no news of the ps4, so please don't about how its too early to talk about it ... just talk features

• Like 1

Backwards compatibility might be a thing of the past... the only reason why i say that is because one of the main reasons why they disabled BC on the PS3 was because they wanted to keep selling the PS2... once the PS2 stops in production they will quite possibly make the PS3 BC again... not to say that it WON'T happen... I just don't have high hopes...

Although, backwards compatibility would be #1 on my list as well due to the fact that i want to play PS2, PS3, and PS4 games on it... The problem with coming out with a PS4 so soon is the fact that there are still a ton of games out there that still need to be played... and there isn't much as far as graphics that can be "better" unless you are into the eye straining experience of 3D gaming (ophthalmologist are going to be in high demand in the next 10 years i predict)...

otherwise for the sake of discussion... i wouldn't mind seeing cross game chat or a better Instant messenger... maybe an option to use dual screens to multitask better... better processing for when im in a game and want to use the XMB without so much lag... Backward compatibility would be AMAZING... better personal profiles... and i would like to keep all of my same trophy stats and user name for the PS4

please realize that i have limited knowledge of the PS4 so my answer might sound ignorant... thats because i am when it comes to the PS4, lol...

Plus publisher's are making too much money on repacking older games in HD, collector's bundles, or making them available as exclusive PSN downloads to make backward's compatibility a viable feature. With the current trend towards online passes and publishers/developers efforting to recoup lost dollars in the used game marketplace, I'm sure their preference is to give you every opportunity to buy NEW versus play again OLD.

I knew this would happen lol but come on guys ... it's a "wish" list ... be optimistic maybe they'll pull another ps3 on us and make the early adopters get the backward comp.

• an HDMI cable and headset included in the console box
  • movement devices not obligatory ... i barely have 4 foot to move in front of my tv o_O

The only difference that I want on a "PS4" is better graphics. After that, I like everything just the way it is. Oh, and my profile and trophy info BETTER transfer over. You should have a total trophy count and trophy type count that is universal and cumulative, but everything should be separated into a folder of Vita trophies PS3 trophies and PS4 trophies! Also, I want nothing new for another 5 years (like thats going to happen :( )

New graphics. I'm sick of seeing fuzzy ass lines on my screen. It just makes me want to cry with how horrible they are at times, compared to the graphics of a computer. I know they'll never be in the same league but holy shit, I feel like I'm playing old technology at times. I think it's time for a new PS, or even just a hardware update. Ugh.

Aside from that, I'd like two disc capabilities as I'm a lazy son of a gun and I can never be bothered changing games over. Eh.

Cross platform with PC and Xbox 720...

Im not sure i want this...

Plus publisher's are making too much money on repacking older games in HD, collector's bundles, or making them available as exclusive PSN downloads to make backward's compatibility a viable feature. With the current trend towards online passes and publishers/developers efforting to recoup lost dollars in the used game marketplace, I'm sure their preference is to give you every opportunity to buy NEW versus play again OLD.

good point

This is very true and i hadn't thought about it this way... If they just make all the old games in HD then i would probably buy them just to get the trophies anyway, lol

I've plenty of friends with an Xbox that I'd love to hook up with online. It could be a toggled feature, like in current PS3/PC cross platform games.

Thats cool man... i respect your wishes... I personally don't like Xbox... just like i don't like Apple... i feel like both companies create elitist zobies (which is probably why we will have a zombie apocalypse... all us PS3 users against all the X-zombies and i-zombies) ... its a personal thing... a grudge if you will... im not saying that Sony doesn't have its fanboys but the attitudes of the Microsoft and Apple fanboy elitism has been so obnoxious and abrasive so i personally don't feel like dealing with it...

but thats just me and this chip on my shoulder, lol

• Like 1

I'd much rather not see a PS4, but instead a PS3A. (Advanced)

A hardware upgrade (like the slim, but instead of just cost, size, and power consumption lowering), then there would be no prob to bring back BC. And of course a huge update to the firmware, to allow various features many have already stated.

I'd much rather not see a PS4, but instead a PS3A. (Advanced)

A hardware upgrade (like the slim, but instead of just cost, size, and power consumption lowering), then there would be no prob to bring back BC. And of course a huge update to the firmware, to allow various features many have already stated.

I think thats pretty much what they are calling the PS4... everything you mentioned... what else is there right now in terms of everything else... we use to look to newer consoles for the graphical upgrades but there isn't much more you can do after full HD, bluray, and 3D...

• 2 weeks later...