Forum Update: Bugs?

In dark mode black (& white) text should switch to white (& black) text and vice versa. It works well with "Automatic" but once the user chose "Black" it's unreadable in dark mode.

Example: First post of https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/148265-i-know-what-you-did-last-13-plats-of-halloween/ has black text and it is unreadable in dark mode.

/Edit:

"Code" also needs a dark mode overhaul. The "Code"-button opens a window with white background ("Link" for example also opens a new window, but it's dark mode compliant). After entering the code it's colored black.

Code Test:

Dark Mode Test

Edited by SwitchbladeAli

• 3 weeks later...

I have the setting enabled to get emails when people leave comments on my guides. The last email I got was August 14, but I've gotten around 15 comments since then--none of which have sent an email. I've checked my spam folder and tried turning the relevant setting off, then back on to no avail. Generally, I want to respond in a timely manner, but that's hard without working email notification.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 5:39 AM, guyblade said:

I have the setting enabled to get emails when people leave comments on my guides. The last email I got was August 14, but I've gotten around 15 comments since then--none of which have sent an email. I've checked my spam folder and tried turning the relevant setting off, then back on to no avail. Generally, I want to respond in a timely manner, but that's hard without working email notification.

I've got the same problem and it's really annoying :(. EDIT: I'm also not getting any forum side notifications any more either, plus the allow notification confirmation pop-up never appears :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 9:43 AM, SwitchbladeAli said:

In dark mode black (& white) text should switch to white (& black) text and vice versa. It works well with "Automatic" but once the user chose "Black" it's unreadable in dark mode.

Yeah, the light/dark theme system is definitely broken. This is a very common occurrence when using the light theme:

KZA66SJ.png

Z2vDTF9.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HusKy said:

Yeah, the light/dark theme system is definitely broken. This is a very common occurrence when using the light theme:

KZA66SJ.png

Z2vDTF9.png

This happens when people copy and paste text with formatting from one place to another place. I wonder if @Sly Ripper could have the text editor not accept background color formatting?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

This happens when people copy and paste text with formatting from one place to another place. I wonder if @Sly Ripper could have the text editor not accept background color formatting?

The worst thing is, that you might not even realize your post is not readable when using the opposite theme. For example, parts of my main PSNP+ posts had dark grey font which was unreadable when using dark theme and I found out like a month later by coincidence. I don't remember ever setting the font color to dark grey (why would I?) but here we were.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HusKy said:

The worst thing is, that you might not even realize your post is not readable when using the opposite theme. For example, parts of my main PSNP+ posts had dark grey font which was unreadable when using dark theme and I found out like a month later by coincidence. I don't remember ever setting the font color to dark grey (why would I?) but here we were.

Yeah I've had to fix a number of pinned topics with this issue, including ones made by me years ago. Basically the forum editor originally inserted pasted text as black instead of "default" so the text is still black in dark mode now :facepalm: I asked Sly to add a "remove formatting" button to help fix this, and I'm just now noticing he's added one! It's the "Tx" looking button in the edit toolbar, thanks Sly!

• Like 4