Forum Update: Bugs?

There's a small bug in the mobile version where giving a like shows the old option of this morning (like or upvote), but instead of the upvote there's a bugged black line. Don't think I've seen that on PC. Because of that you need to touch twice.

spacer.png

Edited by Jeanoltt
image added.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeanoltt said:

There's a small bug in the mobile version where giving a like shows the old option of this morning (like or upvote), but instead of the upvote there's a bugged black line. Don't think I've seen that on PC. Because of that you need to touch twice.

spacer.png

I also experience this visual bug. 

I really like the newly update on the forums. Dark Mode and Light Mode and other cool new features were impressive.

Pros.

- Dark Mode and Light Mode looks badass and I love it. I have no problems with it at all.

- The newly forums update looks really good. Both presentation and creativity.

- I'm ok with the badges and all but not by the slightest.

- Finally I can edit my stuff on the status update which is greatly appreciated.

Cons.

- The number of followers seems to condense down quite a bit and I don't know why or how that happen. Must be the newly forums update that taking place might cause it. I have looked at it a few times and not sure though. Whether it's people unfollowed others or must of quit the site entirely.

- Another encountered problem. There's seems to be a glitched or bugged that cause the disappearance of not following others back to each other and I have looked at my followers list and there's seems to be missing a quite a few and that also affects me and the others on it too. Same applies to the first above.

- When I saw my followers on the top left screen on the top 12. It looks like the whole thing mixed up again as if it's you were winning a lottery ticket lol.

- When I looked at my status update I really don't like the "Read More" feature. It looks lame and I disliked it. Even though that might condense down alot but I still don't like it. Just not my cup of tea sadly.

- I really don't like the circle avatar feature at all. It would be much easier if it was square avatar just like before.

- That "One Year In" badge says since joining 1 year ago. But I joined this site back in early January 2020.

That's all I have to say right now. But if I do encountered anymore problems then I'll come back here and say it again.

Edited by Nezuko Kamado

7 hours ago, BlindMango said:

All game forums will be merged soon so all repeat lists fall into a single forum, for example with https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/565-red-dead-redemption/ 

This will happen with new games with repeat lists that we link from now on and Sly is planning on going back and having the site automatically merge everything else at some point soon. Until then the game forums are grayed out because the shovelware games added too many repeat forums which... broke things

Ok, I can see some benefits to that. Though it could get confusing for some games. I guess we'll need to specify "X thing works only in EU version/ps3 version" etc. now, instead of simply posting in a specific version of the game's forums. I will have to unlearn to check every stack of the game for info. 

Those damn shovelware games... But please add game forums back after that, and if possible, with all letters working (at least T and S were broken). It is a life saver for japanese games and a good tool for any game.

• Like 1

On the homepage, the Recent Forum Posts on the right only show the most recent topics created and not the most recent post from any user like what it use to do before the update. Not sure if this is intentional or not but its more difficult to see the most recent post and topics at the same time without pressing more.

Edited by U_mad_bro7778
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Real_Colinio said:

The recent forum posts on a games main trophy page is out of order, for example on ghost recon breakpoint its showing posts from 4 years ago and not the most recent ones. When you click on "more" the order is correct. From what i checked it's the same on all games

This issue really confused me at first, as i thought a load of recent posts i had commented in had gone, only to realise it was the order shown in the trophy list that was haywire

Hopefully its fixed as its hard to track when in a random order

• Like 1

@Sly Ripper - There's some bugs I've noticed for the sidebar of trophy lists with recent forum posts:

Also clickable links are black instead of blue :ninja: 

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

I noticed that on the main site, if you go to the "Games" list, it doesn't show stacks of regular (non EZPZ) games unless you click "Show Shovelware." 

For example, Red Dead Redemption only shows the EU version, but if you click the shovelware button, then it shows all the other versions. 

Can this be fixed?

14 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I noticed that on the main site, if you go to the "Games" list, it doesn't show stacks of regular (non EZPZ) games unless you click "Show Shovelware." 

For example, Red Dead Redemption only shows the EU version, but if you click the shovelware button, then it shows all the other versions. 

Can this be fixed?

For the past several months we've been hiding repeat lists to prevent a ton of repeat list spam until those lists reach the second page of the new games page about a week later, then they are unhidden,. This is so for example where single games aren't taking up the bulk of the new games page like Mr. Hibbl: The Lost Levels doesn't take up 4 (eventually 8) slots of the new games page and Texas Chain Saw Massacre doesn't take up 4

Edited by BlindMango

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

For the past several months we've been hiding repeat lists to prevent a ton of repeat list spam until those lists reach the second page of the new games page about a week later, then they are unhidden,. This is so for example where single games aren't taking up the bulk of the new games page like Mr. Hibbl: The Lost Levels doesn't take up 4 (eventually 8) slots of the new games page and Texas Chain Saw Massacre doesn't take up 4

I see. Is it possible to maybe a request a box to check off for showing stacks (like how we have the same for shovelware currently)? 

I don't really think it's fair to have AAA stacks being in the same category as shovelware for the purposes of what that button does. 

1 hour ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I see. Is it possible to maybe a request a box to check off for showing stacks (like how we have the same for shovelware currently)? 

I don't really think it's fair to have AAA stacks being in the same category as shovelware for the purposes of what that button does. 

I went ahead and unhid the four Red Dead Redemption lists early, but yeah ideally we'd want a "Show/Hide Repeats" button next to the "Show/Hide Shovelware" button or something like that, but for now that's the only workaround we have to not make the new games page a total trashfire

When I logged in yesterday it said invalid client ID, I tried again with the same username and password (which is saved on my phone and always worked) and it worked.

Didn’t think anything of it but when I tried to log in just then the same thing happened. Invalid client ID. Then the second time using the exact same username and password it worked.

Mirroring the logging out problem. Always have myself set to stay logged in, but I keep having to relog in every few hours.

Another issue, I'm still having some hanging issue when replying to status updates. I'll click post and it hangs on 'saving' for minutes on end (tested it, stayed up for 20 minutes before I stopped). A reload shows the message is posted instantly, but I have to manually refresh to see it.

• Like 2

Another thing I just discovered, when I follow links to posts from my list on the Site Help board, I get 'you'd have permission to read this' errors every time. I have to specifically come to the board and find the thread manually.