Forum Update: Bugs?

Well, that was a big surprise! It's looking great so far, from the 5 minutes I've browsed lol.

The first bug I noticed is that the activity feed is empty in all forum profiles.

EDIT: Also, I believe that the recent forum posts in PSNP's homepage has not been updated in over 2 hours - this forum post is not showing there.

Edited by Eblait

13 minutes ago, Eblait said:

Well, that was a big surprise! It's looking great so far, from the 5 minutes I've browsed lol.

The first bug I noticed is that the activity feed is empty in all forum profiles.

EDIT: Also, I believe that the recent forum posts in PSNP's homepage has not been updated in over 2 hours - this forum post is not showing there.

The search index is rebuilding in the background, homepage is updated now and is cached for a few minutes

• Like 1

It logged me out and forced me to reset my password as my current password was apparently incorrect. I use a password manager, it's very unlikely that my password is incorrect.

The light mode/dark mode switch always says light mode as title attribute regardless of what it is right now.

• Like 1

I believe the Badge and Rank system are bugged? Everyone is a Newbie and Badges seemed to be unlocked inconsistently across profiles. Some 1k post profiles have the badge alongside the 100 reactions, but another with 13k posts doesn't have either.

Edit: Seems like the Badges unlock retroactively, but Rank still stays the same.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Disputes now show up on Recent Forum Posts on main site.

Actually a good thing if intended since it might reduce the amount of people that start disputes and don't realise it creates a forum thread

Is there a way to remove the "admin stats" box from the right hand side of the page when viewing a topic you created?

It's cool info, but the problem is, it squashes the main post down, so it's hard to tell if what you are seeing will look right for other people, when dealing with things that have a lot of formatting, like checklists or Events....

Edited by DrBloodmoney

3 minutes ago, Zipp Storm said:

Flag disputes don't seem to appear in dark mode for me, but they do in light mode. 

Next to that it seems they are now visible in the starting page. I believe it was removed due to everyone jumping on the bandwagon when a new dispute opened. But an oversight now with the new update?

Unknown if intended but the login username for the forums is your forum display name. It would not let me login with my PSN username, which I use to login to the main site (although it didn't log me out of the main site so I did not verify that that hasn't changed).

Edit: I logged out of the main site. You log in with your forum display name there as well. Display name is a confusing input. My forum display name? My PSN display name? Maybe there's a different way to word that. 

To be clear, that means I log in with JFKing instead of jacob8151996

Also, the welcome back banner when logging in should probably disappear on it's own. It only disappeared after clicking for me.

Edited by JFKing
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bumperklever said:

Next to that it seems they are now visible in the starting page. I believe it was removed due to everyone jumping on the bandwagon when a new dispute opened. But an oversight now with the new update?

I thought that was always a thing? But honestly, I use this site so much that I forget what's what sometimes xD 

30 minutes ago, Jacob Faulk-King said:

Unknown if intended but the login username for the forums is your forum display name. It would not let me login with my PSN username, which I use to login to the main site (although it didn't log me out of the main site so I did not verify that that hasn't changed).

Edit: I logged out of the main site. You log in with your forum display name there as well. Display name is a confusing input. My forum display name? My PSN display name? Maybe there's a different way to word that. 

To be clear, that means I log in with Jacob Faulk-King instead of jacob8151996

Also, the welcome back banner when logging in should probably disappear on it's own. It only disappeared after clicking for me.

Omg thankyou so much for this. 

I could login and I was 100% sure I had the correct password. 

Also had been over an hour and had not received an email for a password reset request. 

5 minutes ago, Azure Kite said:

Omg thankyou so much for this. 

I could login and I was 100% sure I had the correct password. 

Also had been over an hour and had not received an email for a password reset request. 

Yeah, I was so confused. Had the right password and everything. On a whim I was like let's try my actual name. Probably won't work, there's a space in it! Worked.

Clearly an issue in either how you log in or the explanation of what your display name actually is.

Also asked for a password reset, but after getting in and checking my profile, I realized that the email for this site is outdated and not used by me anymore. Could be an issue, but cannot confirm.

Another potential bug:

When scrolling to the bottom of the screen there's a list of people browsing the current topic. When hovering over a name it shows their information. The pop-up/display displays down and expands the page requiring you to scroll down. I would image the intention is to have the information appear in frame.

Edited by Jacob Faulk-King